It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How False Shabbat, Sunday, Will Be Used In the Tribulation?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's really working out well, isn't it? 30,000+ denominations, each who believe they have the Holy Spirit guiding them because of their opinions when reading the bible. Maybe the Catholic Church is correct when it suggests that the apostles and successors and the Church would be led by the Holy Spirit into truth, since reality shows individuals are not.

If the Holy Spirit was guiding them they would not teach seperation, and if the Holy Spirit did guide them to seperate the church they started would look nothing like todays church.

I do believe that the modern church is not the creation of God. The church does not look or feel anything like the church in the New Testament. Jesus promises to give gifts of prophesy and healing to people. The New Testament church could be viewed more like an AA meeting than what we have today.

The church in the New Testament is more like a group of equals meeting to talk about all aspects of life, building each other up, holding each other accountable. Developing a personal relationship with your brothers and sisters that are all part of one family. The church has destroyed this type of relationship building.

The gifts of the New Testament were given to people based on their faith. If you don’t believe you can heal someone that you most certainly won’t be able to you. If the church of the New Testament existed we would all be building each other’s faiths up, constantly encouraging each other, sharing our homes and our possession as if we were caring for our nearest and dearest sibling. Maybe if we had churches that built every member faith up we would still see these gifts today.

The church of today simply does not do this. People attend simply because they know god is real and they want to honor him. We do this because we have faith. If we are honest with ourselves we know that we are at church to honor God and we are not there building a relationship with God through our brothers and sisters the way we ought to be.

The church creates a hierarchy, hierarchy creates separation. It is this hierarchy that creates denominations. When you create a hierarchy you create leaders, when you create leaders you create leadership. Once you create leadership you create a struggle for the leadership. This struggle to be right.

In the Christian church there is one High Priest, One teacher, and only one leader. This is Christ. You go to church and you are lucky to hear just one passage from the bible. I urge you listen to your bible on audio and compare it to the message you get at church. The message from the bible is one of the most beautiful things to listen to.

The lack of the scripture being read at God’s church is also not God’s plans. God promises all believers the Holy Spirit. He also promises that the Holy Spirit will interpret the word. It would be better to go to a church that read scripture for one hour a week, then what we do today.

We have prepared messages. When you have a prepared message you have written this. We should be reading scripture together letting the Holy Spirit guide each of us. Each will hear a message from the Holy Spirit and each will add to the message. In this way we are all teachers, and we are all learners.

Today’s church is the one that is being revealed as the anti-Christ in the Bible. Satan built it up and gave it a mouth to speak. It blasphemes God. Keeping its members from building up faith through true fellowship.

Preparing messages that stifle the word of God and keep the Holy Spirit shut up inside each of us. We are in the those times. We are being called to defend our Christ and his message. Sadly most of you will only believe that I am crazy because you have been deceived by the one who pretends to be an angel of light.

Christians a house divided against itself cannot stand. We are divided and we shall fall.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Here's the thing. What they say does not contradict scripture. tt's only because something is not DIRECTLY mentioned in scripture that people make false accusations. If you truly love the truth, seek it. Try to understand what the Catholic Church teaches and why. If you only see one side of the argument you do not love the truth. If you want scriptural evidence go to scripturecatholic.com.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You're interpreting what Jesus said to His apostles to applying to each and every believer. Reality contradicts your claim.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You're interpreting what Jesus said to His apostles to applying to each and every believer. Reality contradicts your claim.

No the apostles aslo told this to the new believers. The same Holy Spirit that was in the appostles lives in me. Chist is the only authority and the Holy Spirit is the teacher. I am not asking you to believe me. I am asking you to believe in the bible by has been well translated and easy to read.

Acts 2:8 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

(1 Corinthians 6:19) “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?”

(1 Corinthians 3:17) “If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”

(Romans 8:9) “But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.”

(Romans 8:11) “But if the Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.”

John 3:3-73 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” 4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

I John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Again, reality contradicts the idea that the Holy Spirit leads each individual to truth. Obviously you can still err and sin. Been proven since the protestant reformation. Unless you're saying that only you have the Holy Spirit and the rest are delusional or liars.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Again, reality contradicts the idea that the Holy Spirit leads each individual to truth. Obviously you can still err and sin. Been proven since the protestant reformation. Unless you're saying that only you have the Holy Spirit and the rest are delusional or liars.

What I am saying is that I prayed for something and I received it. Honestly I can’t answer if I am the only one that understands what is wrong with today's church, not just Catholic, and how it compares to the New Testament Church. I know you have faith in what you believe and from my understanding it is faith that is credited as righteousness. If you can fully accept the interpretations you are given then you should keep your faith.

The way the Holy Spirit has interpreted the scripture for me I find Protestants equally in conflict with scripture. I am truly attacking the entire Christian Church, all 40,000 denominations. But I am not attacking the congregation. Although because of your faith it would be impossible for you to feel any other way.

Personally I believe that today's church crushes the gifts of believers and has lost all contact with true fellowship. I also have complete faith in what I believe. So maybe we both have the Holy Spirit we were just asking for different things, and we can agree to disagree, and still love one another.

Just one more question have you ever seriously studied the scripture that talks about the church? I do believe that on the bases of the church itself my argument is sound.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

www.amightywind.com...

Here's your problem, right here.
You need to stop buying into this nonsense.
I believe every bit of what this person says is disinformation and none of it has the least bit of good for true spirituality and only has the outward form of religion.
edit on 6-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Just one more message for you, only because I do love you and believe that you are missing out on a gift that God wants to give you. Why does the Catholic Church forbid priest to marry.

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

1 Timothy 3:2
Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

Titus 1:6-9
If anyone is above reproach, the husband of one wife, and his children are believers and not open to the charge of debauchery or insubordination. For an overseer, as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

1 Timothy 3:8-13
Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things. Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well. ...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The Catholic Church as it exists is the product of centuries of actual physical warfare mostly of a fratricidal nature to where the clergy would be completely wiped out on both sides to where they had to look hard to find recruits to replace them and this part is my theory, which is they did not go to the ranks of the common Christians to find priests but there were some old remnant sects of "pagan" ascetics who would live like hermits in the desert, and they sought those people out thinking they had no theological bias, and would be neutral politically and not cause problems like what killed off their predecessors, and once you had a few generations of these "desert saints" in place, their influence had the affect you are talking about, this strong aversion to marriage.

edit on 6-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Why don't you read what Catholics say about what they do? It makes the most sense and is supported by writings of early church fathers, contradicting the heretical claims of protestants that the church got corrupt over time. Who do you think are the eunuchs Christ spoke of? Do you think He was talking about literal castration?

Truly, man hates authority and that is his grave problem. Starting with the authority of God.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

This is a very sketchy way to cover a broad scope of issues and I think it may be useful to give some better direction concerning things like who and what exactly we should be reading and what exactly these "church fathers" were addressing, and what you are talking about yourself right here.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Why don't you read what Catholics say about what they do? It makes the most sense and is supported by writings of early church fathers, contradicting the heretical claims of protestants that the church got corrupt over time. Who do you think are the eunuchs Christ spoke of? Do you think He was talking about literal castration?

Truly, man hates authority and that is his grave problem. Starting with the authority of God.

It is the authority of God and Christ that I accept. Because Jesus is my king and I am his temple, and the Holy Spirit has come to teach me all things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join