It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul May Have Secretly Won The Iowa Caucuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ron Paul may have officially come in third tonight, but if the campaign's caucus strategy went off as planned, then Paul may actually be the real winner of the first Republican voting contest.

This Business Insider article goes on to say that RP's campaign strategy included not only a strong showing in individual votes, but also in getting RP supporters appointed as delegates to the convention.

That's because Iowa's Republican caucuses are non-binding — they are technically just a straw poll, so once selected, delegates are free to vote for whichever presidential candidate they choose. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

This means that RP could come away with more delegates than expected simply because of his ability to organize a passionate and pointed group of supporters.

While I believe delegates should represent the vote in their particular caucus, and not change the vote due to their personal political beliefs, I give RP credit for playing a game that was stacked against him.

So in my opinion, the Iowa caucus is not over! I have no doubt that RP will stay in the race till the very end and I have a feeling this national convention could be a sight to see!

Business Insider

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Somebody beat you to it.

link

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion here...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please use the search function.

Thread closed.