It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Throwing Weight Now

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Is your media state run and owned? Hmm kinda seems that way

Again, inaccurate and irrelevant.

The BBC is funded by TV License fee's.

All other media companies are owned by private companies or individuals.

Of course TPTB influence MSM, exactly the same as they do in all other 'western' countries, however some media companies fiercely defend their independance - again, no different to anywhere else really.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Are all of you Brits so touchy? I have been shooting since I was a kid 5 to be exact

what that then 9 or 10 years?

Add if it has no place why would you reply. Just to look cool to your fellow Brits? Who has ego issues?

Again the attacks and deflection... So it not the posters right to correct misinformed BS?

I am a little older then that but thanks for the compliment.
And what did you correct so I keep can keep it straight.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

So how did you rebuff my points? Let me guess personal attacks again. And what is this basic psychology comment it kinda creeps me out. Kinds nuts if you ask me you keep basically saying the same thing over and over again.

Looks like ive made my point then... lets have no more of your nonsense and get this thread back on course...

good day to you sir...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Is your media state run and owned? Hmm kinda seems that way

Again, inaccurate and irrelevant.

The BBC is funded by TV License fee's.

All other media companies are owned by private companies or individuals.

Of course TPTB influence MSM, exactly the same as they do in all other 'western' countries, however some media companies fiercely defend their independance - again, no different to anywhere else really.

Just like FOX news and CNN the BBC is controlled propaganda. It is pretty easy to see it these days they hide it less and less with each passing year.

Things are not what the seem or have been in the past. Time magazine is another one.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Also I am interested were do the fees come from? And who controls were they go?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding like a whiney Englishman (Joke: I'm Scottish! :p) can we get back on topic please? If you guys want to fight/argue, then why not do it over U2U?

Rev

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Wow calling people mental lol
Listen all your points were addressed by stumason but you continue to say they same thing.
Question have you even been to the UK?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5thethriller
Wait I live in the uk, how come none of this is on BBC news yet, i can only find on American news sites? and as i said i dont know why no one has taken in to account Iran will only shut the Strait of Hormuz if the West applied sanctions on oil exports, i dont think we would place sanctions to risk war.
edit on 4-1-2012 by 5thethriller because: (no reason given)

They preach to the people the legitimacy of their actions if the straits are closed, but does anyone think their not itching to take out iran, even if Iran did not close the straits?

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Wow calling people mental lol
Listen all your points were addressed by stumason but you continue to say they same thing.
Question have you even been to the UK?

I dont agree with what stumason said. They were pretty weak arguments if you ask me. But please why dont you point out were I have gone wrong instead of leaning of others.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

link   

You probably want to be careful when you throw around terms like "mental issues" as some of us do actually suffer from mental health issues and find such talk to be almost as offensive and ignorant as raciest comments.

I'm not telling you off or bossing you around, I'm just trying to remind you that we need to try to be respectful of others.

Rev

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Answer my question have you been to the UK? have you lived here long enough to have the experience to make your claims about the country I live in?
In fact don't bother, bored with you
lets just agree to disagree
Cya all.
edit on 5-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

You probably want to be careful when you throw around terms like "mental issues" as some of us do actually suffer from mental health issues and find such talk to be almost as offensive and ignorant as raciest comments.

I'm not telling you off or bossing you around, I'm just trying to remind you that we need to try to be respectful of others.

Rev

Listen everybody has something a little off with them, It however does not give them the right to keep attacking over and over again. I will not back down but if it is civil I will also be civil.

I am not a new poster I have been around the block and have seen tactics like this in the middle eastern threads.

If you look back over my posts in this thread you will see one simple truth if it is civil I am also civil.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Answer my question have you been to the UK? have you lived here long enough to have the experience to make your claims about the country I live in?
In fact don't bother, bored with you

Cya all.

So this is the best you can muster up. I will ask a question and then two sentences later say why bother.

Please point out exactly were I have gone wrong or say nothing.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I think you might have some mental issues so I am going to stop replying to your posts. Please just leave it at that.

there you go again... you just cant help it can you?

And yes i do have mental disorder and if you knew what you were talking about, you will know every person on the planet also does (in one form or another i.e phobias, stress, ocd's, anxiety, depression, etc)..

yours though my friend seems alot more worrying than most.. Antisocial personality disorder?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Looking at your posts, all I see is you going off topic. Why not be the better person and nip this in the bud right now before they come and close this thread because of this nonsense.

Rev

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Look mate, whilst The Right to Bear Arms and the Freedom of the Press are both interesting and very important issues and worthy of serious and intelligent debate and discussion they are totally irrelevant to this subject.

Granted this is a generalisation but it is my experience that people who repeatedly bring the topics up here on ATS regardless of the thread subject matter do so to pursue some personal bigotted or pre-conceived agenda or rhetoric.

And quite frankly it's boring the tits off me and derailing the thread!

On topic.
The simple fact of the matter is that whilst there is certainly no love for the current Iranian regime here in the UK and Ahmadinejad is a figure of mistrust there is still massive opposition to any military confrontation with Iran.
It would be political suicide for Cameron to commit any actual military support at all.
The Liberal Party, large sections of which are already very uncomfortable with their current relationship with The Tories, could very possibly withdraw their support for The Coalition thus forcing a General Election.....and Cameron does not want to risk that.

Personally I have no problem with nuclear power etc providing the highest possible safety regulations are strictly adhered to and I don't see why Iran should not be allowed to develop nuclear power.
In fact we should work with them to ensure the highest possible standards are followed etc.

However, I am very uncomfortable about the thought of Iran gaining nuclear weapon capability.
That is why I think it's imperative we work with them and explore every possible diplomatic solution to this situation.

The same applies for any other country that don't currently have nuclear weapons.
edit on 5/1/12 by Freeborn because: n's

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
i doubt the United kingdom has the financial clout to wage war with Iran..the country is bordering on bankruptcy ,public faith in the government is at an all time low..Great British "public" is not a war mongering nation,media outlets are spinning this story as they know Iran will be watching..i think its all a bluff.. UK will go down the sanctions route ...at the worst a few air strikes through NATO..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

Looking at your posts, all I see is you going off topic. Why not be the better person and nip this in the bud right now before they come and close this thread because of this nonsense.

Rev

Look this is the last time I will say it and the last reply I will have to trolling. Please lets just argue the points.

If you think I am wrong make a point. And what exactly is your point you wanted to argue?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I think you're wrong to continue this behaviour and I know that if you stopped, then those others would stop too, but you constantly feel the need to have the last word, which (I'm sorry to say) shows a lack of maturity.

Rev

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join