UK Throwing Weight Now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Perhaps we ban toilet cleaner because I could douse someone in it and set them on fire, better ban matches too, and rocks, don't want people using them as flints.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm sure the rate of stabbings is up there though. And it's not unusual to hear of shootings, just in the last day alone I've read a few. We're a much smaller population than America. Canada has guns, but not the death rate of the US.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I quote "I am sure it is a tragic story but how many lives have been lost because people could not defend themselves?"

Ok how many lives have been saved because we got rid of guns? how many people did not accidently shoot themselves because we got rid of guns, how many people have not been shot in a botched robbery because we got rid of guns.
How many people have not committed suicide due to the fact they have no gun in the house.(look it up if you have a gun in your household you are 5 times more likely to commit suicide, guess cos it is more easy)
Our homicide rate is three times less than the united states.

And did you ever ask yourself how much personal freedom you had to give up to get to that? If you give up freedom for security you deserve neither.

Can a criminal get a gun in the UK? Can the citizens of the UK not be trusted with guns.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

So who is trolling I made points not personal attacks can you say the same thing TROLL.

I am making points try arguing the points not on a personal level. TROLL

the definition of troll..

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

en.wikipedia.org...

grow up mate...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

So you post my reply to your personal attack and say I am Trolling and then tell me to grow up.

Why not argue the points? Have you not noticed that when a poster does not attack me I dont attack them.

I dont care if we agree but lets keep it civil OK.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

what do you expect them to say ? just let iran close the straights ??????

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
In Subjective Truths defence, I don't think he is trolling. It's a case of one person says one thing, gets someones back up, someone replies with slightly elevated temper, trying to make a point, one person can't just let it go and responds, it escalates and, lets face it, troll is used (and tossed around far too much).

We all have different opinions, lets not let those opinions sink us to the level of name calling and country bashing.

link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by D8ncer

what do you expect them to say ? just let iran close the straights ??????

It's not like they've threatened to close them for no reason though, is it?

link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by woogleuk

But when the Taxi driver goes on that rampage the media plays it up to gain control over your right to defend yourself. They do it here also but to many people own and love guns for it to work yet.

Give it another 50 years the kids growing up now are getting the progressive crap in school and the next generation in the US just might do it.

Also look at this way that taxi driver could just use his cab to kill people do you outlaw cars?

If you don't see that they are using fear to curb your rights I feel for ya. You every hear the story about the cowboy leading his horse to water.

your posts are resorting to nonsense now... you have already been made to look foolish and yet you still try and pick out little points to bash Britain (which lack any real knowledge or understanding)

why dont you just give up? and stop trying to troll other members unless you have something valid and on topic to say...

Please point out where you were on topic here.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I think the UK sucks. But guess what so does the US which I am from. Just wanted to add that so no one freaks out.

We have the same problems and the same solutions we need to elect honest good people. To bad they are few and far between these days.

Both countries have problems keeping there noises out of the worlds problems. Because there is to much money in it. And both countries are taking away personal freedoms everyday.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Ohhhhhhhhh no, it's YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

So you post my reply to your personal attack and say I am Trolling and then tell me to grow up.

just pointing out the facts.. by definition you are trolling...

Why not argue the points? Have you not noticed that when a poster does not attack me I dont attack them.

waste of time.. as i have already seen here when you have been called out for spouting nonsense... you ignore that and try to attack with something else..

I dont care if we agree but lets keep it civil OK.

simple deflection tactic...

believe me mate, i was being civil...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

i wasnt... just sick of your bs throughout this thread..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Enough already nothing you said was on topic. NOTHING

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

i wasnt... just sick of your bs throughout this thread..

Do you need a hug or something? And argue what was BS. I know argue the BBC being government controlled.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Or the British people gave up there rights to self defense. Am putting forward a fact?

Highly innacurate and totally irrelevant.

Typical deflction tactics from someone who uses a gun as a penis extension or replacement.

There are plenty of threads about your sacred second amendment here on ATS, why not post in one of them or start your own but it has no place in this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

A perfect example of your mentality.. Someone replies to you.. its not what you want to hear and you deflect although you still have to try and get a cheap shot in..

I think the UK sucks. But guess what so does the US which I am from. Just wanted to add that so no one freaks out.

We have the same problems and the same solutions we need to elect honest good people. To bad they are few and far between these days.

Both countries have problems keeping there noises out of the worlds problems. Because there is to much money in it. And both countries are taking away personal freedoms everyday.

basic psychology...

Again things didn't work out here.. you deflected attention from Britain to the US.. Also a weak attempt to bring other posters on to your side..

your literally holding on by your fingertips now... just let go buddy and do us all a favour..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Or the British people gave up there rights to self defense. Am putting forward a fact?

Highly innacurate and totally irrelevant.

Typical deflction tactics from someone who uses a gun as a penis extension or replacement.

There are plenty of threads about your sacred second amendment here on ATS, why not post in one of them or start your own but it has no place in this thread.

Are all of you Brits so touchy? I have been shooting since I was a kid 5 to be exact I dont care about being a big man I like shooting and going to the range and hanging with my mates.

It was the one thing both me and my dad may he rest in peace loved to do together and I miss doing it with him. It had nothing to do with ego.

Add if it has no place why would you reply. Just to look cool to your fellow Brits? Who has ego issues?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

A perfect example of your mentality.. Someone replies to you.. its not what you want to hear and you deflect although you still have to try and get a cheap shot in..

basic psychology...

Again things didn't work out here.. you deflected attention from Britain to the US.. Also a weak attempt to bring other posters on to your side..

your literally holding on by your fingertips now... just let go buddy and do us all a favour..

So how did you rebuff my points? Let me guess personal attacks again. And what is this basic psychology comment it kinda creeps me out. Kinds nuts if you ask me you keep basically saying the same thing over and over again.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Are all of you Brits so touchy? I have been shooting since I was a kid 5 to be exact

what that then 9 or 10 years?

Add if it has no place why would you reply. Just to look cool to your fellow Brits? Who has ego issues?

Again the attacks and deflection... So it not the posters right to correct misinformed BS?

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join