It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Throwing Weight Now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

I, as a UK citizen, hereby withdraw ANY and ALL responsibility and support for my governments actions on Iran. My family and I DO NOT share the views of the UK Government and will never endorse any action on the Iranian people.

I declare that i will not support or propagate any false information and will stand firm in spreading the truth about the Iranian people and the western governments ambition to destroy Iran based on lies to the best of my ability.

My our creator bless every single Iranian and stand by them for justice and righteousness.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Iraq IS an endless war. No one is out of Iraq. SOME 'combat troops' may be out but there are still thousands of UK and US troops supposedly providing 'security, training and administrative' tasks. A bit like a military police force, or how about we just give it a deserving name...an invasive occupant. As for Afghanistan, it is the Middle East's Mexico. America worked out that supplying lot's of cheap accessible hard class drugs worked fantastically as a control method, so it seemed too good an opportunity to flood Russia with cheap heroin to keep an old enemy down - 2014 is a pipe dream - there won't be enough peace time in this region to warrant the removal of troops.

Iran is not Iraq. We won't be shock and awe-ing Iran into submission. There will be no rapid tactical strikes on nuclear facilities without heavy casualties on all sides. They have an organised military not to be taken lightly, and powerful allies who will not forever be able to simply denounce further disruptive sanctions while Iran complies with the IAEA demands - more stringent demands than are applied to any other nation, because of existing sanctions.

Is Iran having a Nuke really that scary? Not really any more so than Pakistan, Russia, China or India. They all have delivery systems that can reach well outside of their region, and a competent air force. Is it enough reason to continue provoking them by way of economic and diplomatic strangulation? Of course not. Iran have shown great restraint in NOT creating a military conflict to this point. But the greedy corrupt swines of this and our 'allies' must have their swill so expect a new round of sanctions added to the New Years Eve's lot.

Now, take into account that Iran have complied with the IAEA demands and that it is purely speculation of 'secrecy' that the IAEA has condemned Iran for and it becomes even harder to see how any of Irans allies will accept any further external influence in the country. Sergei Lavrov has in September and again in December stated that further sanctions are "unacceptable" and that another round would provoke "serious consequences".

With America pushing forward with arming former Soviet and Eastern Bloc states with 'defensive' missiles in the RADAR scheme and ongoing diplomatic tension with the UK, you're now talking about war with RUSSIA. And with Russia come's the BICS - which you might as well read as the rest of the world, vs. NATO. Some here are actively promoting that conflict; how you can for one second believe you have any greater logic, reasoning, morality or ethics than any of those posting with an anti-war sentiment is astounding.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Why don't we just stay out of it, time to move on now, the countrys falling apart we havent got time to be playing war games.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

I am against a war with Iran. Although I am against nuclear power, I think it is hypocritical of countries who have it to impose sanctions against another country trying to achieve it.

The same applies to nuclear weapons, but I would much rather Iran was telling the truth (which I think it is), and that's all (power production) they are trying to achieve.

The reason for my response over the navy was to point out to an earlier poster that the UK isn't as bad off as he / she is lead to believe.

All our countries need to stop sticking our noses in where they shouldn't.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Not sure what you mean here, if you mean gun control, most people welcome it.

As for other defense, it has now been stated by law that reasonable force may be used against an attacker, this includes the use of a knife or a bat if you feel your life is in danger.

Is your media state run and owned? Hmm kinda seems that way

No, the BBC receives its funding from TV licensing, which is enforced through law, but the BBC don't push propaganda. In fact I have seen reporters for the BBC attack the government.

All other media is independent.

I'm not looking for an argument with you subjective truth, I respect your opinions, I'm just telling you how it is from a British standpoint.

Please please if coming from a British standpoint, at least use British spelling - ie 'defence' not 'defense'.
Anyway I agree about the gun control thing. Americans especially can't seem to comprehend that most of us prefer it this way. I think we just have to agree to disagree. Else we will get into a whole other topic.
The subject is UK pitching in with this Iran business. The issue imo is more a matter of whether we are right to do this - not so much what resources we have. I have a horrible feeling we are being drawn into the next major confrontation. Where US goes, we go. Quel surprise.

edit on 5-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I quote "I am sure it is a tragic story but how many lives have been lost because people could not defend themselves?"

Ok how many lives have been saved because we got rid of guns? how many people did not accidently shoot themselves because we got rid of guns, how many people have not been shot in a botched robbery because we got rid of guns.
How many people have not committed suicide due to the fact they have no gun in the house.(look it up if you have a gun in your household you are 5 times more likely to commit suicide, guess cos it is more easy)
Our homicide rate is three times less than the united states.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join