It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Throwing Weight Now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
To be honest, this is no surprise at all.

Why would the UK not go to war if Iran closed the Strait? It supplies one third of the world's oil. Think of the effect it would have on the global economy. Rest assured, it will be NATO fighting for the whole world against Iran should this happen. It is a VERY foolish thing for the Iranian government to consider. But it won't happen, they're not that stupid.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Okay, this thread seems to be going completely of topic, i hate when people go all deffencive about there country, i would like to say people read your facts, firstly The UK said they would join the US in responding militarilly if Iran where to close it, Secondly i have just read now that the EU have thought about banning oil imports from Iran, which is a better way to react then war to be honest, heres the link Iran nuclear Crisis Theyre is no dictatorship in Iran and we shouldnt wage war over there poor government just yet, ( i know they treat their women terribly over there ) However it is good that the EU have now stepped in on this matter, Although if we do shut of imports it could pottentiolly effect our economy even worse than it is. Overall, maybe the US shouldnt of threatened with sanctions in the first place

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Even a 1st grader would understand the question "where are you from btw?" and heck may even answer it.

Let me guess you are a young male? I hate to tell you the world does not and never will revolve around you. It took me 20 years to figure this one out.

If you read my posts you will see I made the point that it does not really matter in this global world. Borders mean nothing.

I hate to tell you but everything I said is FACT. Not personal truth which is subjective. But for some reason judging by your answers I doubt you will see this.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thethriller

Good point (Not going to fall for trolls lol )

Iam sure that if the EU doesn't buy the oil Iam sure that Russia China will, heck I wouldn't be surprised if we do say the EU will not buy your oil Iran will say "ok and never again will we sell it to you".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ladies, stop this and get back to topic

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thethriller
Ladies, stop this and get back to topic

Hows this for staying on topic.

This OP just like the UK needs to learn just because they want something does not give them the right to it.

It really is that simple people and countries want and will not take no for a answer so they attack.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why are we puppets of the American
regime?

We should living within our capabilities.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't think we'll be doing much...we've got better things to protect ....Falklands Oil Field.

One or two ships and a Sub at most.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

you are reffering to the oil? because the EU moving to ban crude oil from Iran, so we dont 'want' it

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If the EU stop buying the oil, which is 17% of Iran's oil exports, Russia and China will... BUT! But... They will demand discounts and it will still be very bad for Iran and they will be forced to accept a much lower price.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If, and that's a big IF.

If hostilities broke out and / or Iran tried to close the Straits I have no doubt that the British would be involved. The Royal Navy have some excellent assets that should be deployed to support maritime trade. I also have no doubt that every other nation in the Gulf would be involved against Iran.

Iran are playing a game and the fact that some people on these Boards cannot see that fact is worrying.

Iran are just full of hot wind. They say they want to "tone it all down" then start threatening everyone again.

There won't be war.

Regards

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thethriller

you are reffering to the oil? because the EU moving to ban crude oil from Iran, so we dont 'want' it

This goes back to the NO borders comment I made earlier. The UK is just another cog in the global wheel. They might not even be there own but they have to tow the line.

They are just a arm of the TPTB and so are many other countries.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
No, there will not be war. However we will respond and cutting of the EUs oil imports from Iran will effect Uks economy quite dramatically and our economy is already poor, i dont think they will shut it, even if we do introduce stricter sanctions, they are just sending epty threats that mean nothing

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Many people need to understand that there countries no longer have borders. That is why governments worldwide take strange actions that might not even be in there own interests.

Were the true power is I do not know.
But the leaders do not reflect the people in almost every country in the world at this point in time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join