It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed eighth-grader shot and killed by police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Communicationwillfreeus

I would think its quite rare for a police officer to want to impress his peers with his first kill.

Most police officers that are forced to take a life are usually removed from active duty until sufficient therapy is done.

I highly doubt that the officer who shot that young man is "high-five-ing" his buddies in the locker-room.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
being 15...
and in the 8th grade...hmmmm

I thought that too. He may have been mentally challenged student
If the police can't disarm a slow thinking teenager then we need to reevaluate who we are giving guns and a license to kill to.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

You never.. ever.. ever taser someone holding a gun! Most (erm, most) don't intend to shoot anyone, they are just upset at something .. tasing them while holding a gun though? Most likely they will fire the gun without intending to from either surprise or convulsion. Sadly, if you're holding a gun .. there isn't much to be done except negotiate .. or shoot.

Given the risk of lives of children in the school it was, sadly, probably the best solution.

And 15 is old for 8th grade.. I was one of the oldest in my class and in 8th grade turned 15 in the last week of school. Of course Senior year is so much more fun when you're 18.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Just read the link and I don't see anything sad about it, he had a gun, he was shot.

I wont be wasting any tears for him.

Spoken like a well indoctrinated sheep. Get used to living on your knees.

Originally posted by davidchin
Still, the police who shot the kid has to live with the death. But at least he and the rest of the police force, and the school faculty and students all get to go home to their families at the end of the day.

The police are of a different mindset than they were 10 years ago. They are going to sleep just fine.

edit on 4-1-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild[envolved/i]

I would think its quite rare for a police officer to want to impress his peers with his first kill.

Most police officers that are forced to take a life are usually removed from active duty until sufficient therapy is done.

I highly doubt that the officer who shot that young man is "high-five-ing" his buddies in the locker-room.

As do I. It was a little sarcasm for the fella that I was responding to. He was insinuating that the officer/anyone would not be bothered by this. I was trying to express to him that this situations would be sad for a whole lot of people directly and indirectly involved.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2012 by LadySkadi because:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I would really like to hear a police officers take on training with guns and the use of deadly force.
Any cops out there?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communicationwillfreeus

Originally posted by 46ACE

UHM no(let's talk"reading comprehension" ): The unfortunate officer placed in the situation who was forced to fire on an adolescent will be "forever haunted" by the kids death at his hands.

Unless that officer was excited to get his first kill, then he may not be haunted by shooting a kid? "UHM no" you still aren't with me try again.
It was a sad situation that no one "deserved" to be a part of. I can't be any clearer than that.

In all your "SAD.... sad....SAD......";

You did say this: "The children around him will be forever haunted by this".Twice this week I've been wrong; a new low...

edit on 4-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I served as a "special constable" with the RCMP in the early 90's

I was allowed the use of the shotgun if any full member was in a life threatening situation..didnt come close to even touching it for 5 years.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I thought you guys might like this

www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

National Police Misconduct NewsFeed Daily Recap 01-03-12

"Here are the 22 reports of police misconduct tracked in our National Police Misconduct News Feed for this Tuesday, January 3, 2012:"

this stuff happens all the time.....it's not really anything new.....weapons are meant to be used....if not don't make them.....

edit on 4-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
I served as a "special constable" with the RCMP in the early 90's

I was allowed the use of the shotgun if any full member was in a life threatening situation..didnt come close to even touching it for 5 years.

I'm glad that you didn't have to touch that shotgun.

No disrespect intended, but, would you have used it if you had to?

Everybody gets to Monday morning quarterback the cop who fired, but, they have the luxury of having time, with nobody's life at stake. I'm going to wait for more information. By the way, not every cop has a taser or a bean bag gun on hand at all times.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

He's 15. At 15 I knew what I was doing. I say good call. What would they have prefered happen? An other Columbine? I say bring a gun at school you're asking to get put down. He was told to put the weapon down and didn't...justice served.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar

Probably because he pointed a weapon at a police officer. What would you prefer them to do?

Couldn't they have disabled/disarmed him with a shot instead of killing him?

I know there has been way too many incidents where a kid goes to school and sprays the classroom with bullets, and this could well have been another if he hadn't have been stopped, but a shot in the arm, shoulder or legs could have stopped him without killing him.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I dont know....probably...

YES...I would..< 30 secs of thought.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Lol, you guys are funny.

From a conspiracy stand point, perhaps this adolescent was tired of being in 8th grade and knew advancement in his institution was noticeably dwindling away being that the school year was almost completed. With that in mind, he concluded he might be lucky to leave middle school at 16, but the embarrassment was too much to bare. That tied probably with the mockery of his peers and the repetitive work cycle he was in. He finally cracked under pressure and thought death was his only chance of freedom, but couldn't take his life. So, he thought hey cops kill all the time. How can I trick them into doing my dirty work?

Or.... maybe he was mad Ronald Paul lost the Iowa caucus.

Or... maybe his 13 year old 8th grade girlfriend dumped him and he couldn't bear to be without her.

Or... maybe he thought he was playing black cops.

Or... maybe his priest stop fondling him and was again heartbroken.

Or... maybe this story is just more propaganda for more surreptitious gun/control/home grown terrorist type laws.

You might think I'm mean for joking about this, but death is another part of life.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Should he have been tasered?

I can not say. My first question is what weapon was the student engaging the officers with?

If it was a firearm, than no a taser is not realistic. You expect police, who have the job of protecting not only themselves but other students as well, to get in the line of sight of a firearm with a taser? That would be foolish.

Now if the weapon was a pair of scissors or a knife, then I do believe it would be reasonable and realistic to use a taser.

Fact is, the information provided so far does not paint a clear picture so at this time I think it is unfair to give any real opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Story said he was "Armed"....and engaged police.

safe to assume he was gonna kill somebody if the police didnt intervene

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I just hate to see young kids die,
is a shame.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well just think about this. That police officer has to live the rest of his life knowing he killed a 15 year old kid.

I'm sure the officer thought it through and I'm sure he will continue to do so for the rest of his life now.

As far as being for or against that officers action, it's just far too early. Just have to wait until more information comes out about it.

Also. I was 15-16 years old when I was in the 9th grade. The same with all of my other classmates back then. I have a few friends over right now who live over 4 hours away, so I asked them how old they were in the 9th grade. They said 15-16.

So I don't find it odd that a 15 year old was in 8th grade at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Apathy is the way of life for our generation, we are all becoming less human.
We are desensitized to death, then in a few years transhumanism comes and we will become more machine than man.

Most of those kids won't even feel sad, they may not even care.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join