It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed eighth-grader shot and killed by police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

(CNN) -- A 15-year-old student was shot and killed by police after he brandished a weapon in the hallways of a south Texas middle school, officials said Wednesday.

www.cnn.com...

I understand the threat. This may haev been on the news later with the title "10 dead in Jr. High School Shooting" if the cops didn't react but.. Should he not have been just tasered?

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/4/2012 by Mirthful Me because: EX Tags.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
being 15...
and in the 8th grade...hmmmm

still a tragedy.

Flames suck.
edit on 4-1-2012 by wrathchild because: Oilers are better

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Maybe his birthday is late, my son just turned 15 and is in the 8th grade.

This is just so sad, my local news only has a few details, but did say they repeatedly asked him to drop his gun and he didn't.

This is a very sad story, and broke my heart just reading the few details that were out about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sad story indeed and I feel bad for his parents and friends. But at 15, you should have enough sense to know that you will be shot if you engage the police with a weapon. Should he have been tasered, you asked. No.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wow I live there!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
15 huh? maybe he was sick of getting held back?
2nd

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
(CNN) -- A 15-year-old student was shot and killed by police after he brandished a weapon in the hallways of a south Texas middle school, officials said Wednesday.

www.cnn.com...

I understand the threat. This may haev been on the news later with the title "10 dead in Jr. High School Shooting" if the cops didn't react but.. Should he not have been just tasered?

They save the tasering for black girls who don't say how high when an officer yells "jump!" (a thread I read recently covered the taser incident I speak of)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
reply to post by wrathchild

Maybe his birthday is late, my son just turned 15 and is in the 8th grade.

This is just so sad, my local news only has a few details, but did say they repeatedly asked him to drop his gun and he didn't.

This is a very sad story, and broke my heart just reading the few details that were out about it.

I don't know how your state works, but when I was 15, I was in tenth grade.
2nd

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just read the link and I don't see anything sad about it, he had a gun, he was shot.

I wont be wasting any tears for him.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes, he's 15 years old. In Texas, middle school goes 6th through 8th grade, so most students normally are 13 when starting 8th grade and turn 14 some time before they graduate. I guess we'll get more of the kid's background later -- and who's to blame for letting him get ahold of a firearm in the first place. But even though he's not an adult, he still made a willful decision to acquire the firearm and bring it to school.

Still, he's on school grounds with a loaded firearm (exchanged shots with police). He had a lethal weapon. I'm not sure a taser would be the appropriate response to a firearm. He posed a deadly threat. That threat had to be eliminated quickly.

It's sad that it had to end this way, but it could have ended worse with additional casualties (think Columbine...)

Still, the police who shot the kid has to live with the death. But at least he and the rest of the police force, and the school faculty and students all get to go home to their families at the end of the day.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
Sad story indeed and I feel bad for his parents and friends. But at 15, you should have enough sense to know that you will be shot if you engage the police with a weapon. Should he have been tasered, you asked. No.

If they repeatedly ask him to drop the gun then someone had time to take aim. Why did that person/officer take a kill shot if there was no direct hostages? Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
great job by the police this time
there is usually only one reason a student brings a gun to school
better that the police shot him then the kid going on a rampage against other students
those sick bastards who shoot up schools make my blood boil

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

I agree...I doubt he was in a situation in which his "parents" decided to hold him back from first grade due to his birth date and development at that young age

I was 15 for most of my 10th grade..
as most were.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Communicationwillfreeus

Probably because he pointed a weapon at a police officer. What would you prefer them to do?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
For once..I think I'll hold back any comment until we know MUCH more. I went to the link and it shows no more than we know here. I'd say this could be either tragic case of police abuse and over-reaction.....or a case where a brave cop took a shot he'll kill himself a thousands times over in his own mind..for life, and saved others by doing it.

Which version this is depends on so much we don't know...so here is hoping more details and a full account of what happened is forthcoming.

However it turns out...a Family is now without their child and that is a tragedy itself without qualification or reason to nit pick. I feel for them...and we'll see who else when details become clear.

link   
At 15 these kids know right from wrong and they still do it anyway, knowing full well that''s it's wrong, even without knowing the consequences of their action. They think it's a game and think it's funny. I think he should of been tasered.

But also if he tasered the child and the gun went off it could of hurt someone too.

Was the kid trying to act like a wanna be thug?
Was he mad at the school?
Was he being bullied?

Just recently we had a little girl shot by two kids out here who got caught in the crossfire. It's really hard to have sympathy for them. I have more sympathy for the victims in their path.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Just read the link and I don't see anything sad about it, he had a gun, he was shot.

You are really young and just mouthing off or just really jaded to humanism. It is sad because of the people affected. The children around him will be forever haunted by this. The teachers who were there will be affected as will the officers. It is a very sad situation that this boy's life had come to the point of "suicide by cop." It would be sad for anyone to have their life turned to this moment. If you need anything else explained I am sure myself or some other good people here would love to help you out.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
They should of tazed him.

With more than one officer there,
I would think that someone could of loaded a tazer.

However, the kid should of dropped his gun,
Suicide by cop.
He had a death wish I guess

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
At 15 these kids know right from wrong and they still do it anyway, knowing full well that''s it's wrong, even without knowing the consequences of their action. They think it's a game and think it's funny. I think he should of been tasered.

They could have shot to injure instead of shot to kill, especially when they have enough time to talk it out with this young fella.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communicationwillfreeus

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

You are really young and just mouthing off or just really jaded to humanism. It is sad because of the people affected. The children around him will be forever haunted by this. The teachers who were there will be affected as will the officers. It is a very sad situation that this boy's life had come to the point of "suicide by cop." It would be sad for anyone to have their life turned to this moment. If you need anything else explained I am sure myself or some other good people here would love to help you out.

Better to be haunted by this than shot dead by a crazed idiot or worse, maimed... those "haunted" kids are still alive thanks to the cops.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join