It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christ Revealed first to ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by sacgamer25
The Catholic Church does teach things that are contradictions to the bible.

Because there ARE contradictions in the bible. Open your eyes. Jeeeze ...
starting right with the creation myths ... two different creation myths ... right off the bat ... BOOOM!
Contradictions.

There are no contradictions in the bible. To believe that God could not give us a book without contradiction, and not protect it from corruption, is to have no faith. The God I have faith in did indeed give us a perfect book.
edit on 5-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Jesus is not catholic, baptist or protestant. I am Christian.

Jesus wasn't christian either, he was a radical jew that could think outside the box and came to save all men as opposed to just saving only the jews. This is part of why He is the King of kings. He's not just the King of one peoples, he is the King of all peoples, this is part of what being the Messiah is.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Wait a minute.....I'm a Baptist.....does that make me an anti-christ?!?!? My God...my whole world is shattered now!! I wish we all would follow Jesus Christ's teachings

John 3:3, 18
3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
18. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

If you read the reply on page 5 you will see that I am not judging any man. And I do believe Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Exactly

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Trueman
Jesus is not catholic, baptist or protestant. I am Christian.

Jesus wasn't christian either, he was a radical jew that could think outside the box and came to save all men as opposed to just saving only the jews. This is part of why He is the King of kings. He's not just the King of one peoples, he is the King of all peoples, this is part of what being the Messiah is.

Absolutely right !

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Jesus was not a Jew but of the tribe of Judah and was a Hellenized Judean (from gentile Galilee, on the other side of Samaria from Judea) who spoke Greek and he was not intent on a hegemony after the old mythological pattern of the Davidic kingdom but wanted to unite all Israel, meaning the tribes other than just Judah.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Why do you suppose God would protect a book instead of a Church? I hope you understand that the bible was not compiled when Revelation was written. In fact, Martin Luther edited the bible to justify faith alone and protestants still take his edit as authoritative.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Yahshua spoke aramaic and yeah he was a jew and he could speak more than one language. He could speak all languages because his spirit is the Ruach ha Kodesh (Holy Spirit). The Sanhedrin didn't put gentiles (non-jews which were unbelievers at that time period) on trial and pharisees couldn't give a crap about anyone that wasn't an Israelite because they were not under the Mosiac Laws.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Why do you suppose God would protect a book instead of a Church? I hope you understand that the bible was not compiled when Revelation was written. In fact, Martin Luther edited the bible to justify faith alone and protestants still take his edit as authoritative.

The bible of today is the same as it was 2000 years ago and the dead sea scrolls proves it because it's almost word for word except for the occasional mispelled word. Anyone that has ever read the bible can plainly read in the book of Acts and Romans that Paul and the other apostles stress not just faith but faith and works. The Messiah came to be the living example and he even said that he was "the truth the way and the life" and he had both faith and works and we are to do as he did.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yep. We are saved by Grace through Faith in the shed Blood, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ ONLY (Eph 2:8-9)

And then we are commanded to do works because of our faith once you believe on Jesus Christ for Spiritual Salvation. "You shall know them by their works" How do you know a Christian is a Christian? Because he ACTS like it of course

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
How do you know a Christian is a Christian? Because he ACTS like it of course

Would you mind elaborating on how a christian is supposed to act?

Is there a list of commands left by their lord that they are to follow?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yep. We are saved by Grace through Faith in the shed Blood, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ ONLY (Eph 2:8-9)

And then we are commanded to do works because of our faith once you believe on Jesus Christ for Spiritual Salvation. "You shall know them by their works" How do you know a Christian is a Christian? Because he ACTS like it of course

Well yeah.

The word Christian means "little Christ" or "child of Christ".

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

They took him for a Samaritan.
John 8:48
The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"

The temple priests and the temple rulers had jurisdiction over anyone who came within their bounds which Jesus did publicly and repeatedly.
From Wikipedia concerning the trial of Jesus:

In the Gospel of Luke, after the Sanhedrin trial of Jesus, the Jewish elders ask Pontius Pilate to judge and condemn Jesus in 23:2, accusing Jesus of making false claims of being a king. While questioning Jesus about the claim of being the King of the Jews, Pilate realizes that Jesus is a Galilean, and that Jesus is under Herod's jurisdiction. Given that Herod was in Jerusalem at that time, Pilate decides to send Jesus to Herod to be tried.

edit on 6-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I tried to explain this to my dad before. You have to look at the history of the church (which is corrupt and pretty #ty) the fact that the knights templar was ousted throught the church by the kings power shows that religion is a tool for corrupt leaders to do their dirty work while keeping respect in the public eye. You have to remember that the catholic church gave out repentance tickets to "the highest bidder" They murder thousands of people "in Gods name" They, basically have gotten what they want, and have ultimately shaped the world that we live in now l by deception. And out of that branch of christianity, people decided they didnt want to follow that leadership. So they open up different churches, slap different names on their type of worship and say the name Jesus alot and suddenly their word is accepted. What people fail to realize or even think about is, the origin is the only thing thats real. and the origin of this religion, aside the fact that it is (like greek mythology and hinduism and other religions) a watered down version of Isis and Horus worship (www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&biw=1708&bih=681&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbni d=FhjPJUFYIZC49M:&imgrefurl=http://lindeay.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/edl-ndl-new-racism/&docid=4T3NT_bFepShIM&imgurl=http://lindeay.files.wordpress.com /2011/02/isis-horus-to-mary-jesus.jpg&w=604&h=377&ei=JCsHT-yTNobn0gGU55CqAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1146&vpy=338&dur=427&hovh=164&hovw=234&tx=152&ty=28&sig =117305320794300045463&page=1&tbnh=164&tbnw=234&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:0) and aside from the fact that it borrows things from pagan religions. It has shown that it is and has always been corrupted to fit the needs of the isolated, brainwashed kingdoms of the past.

Why do the elitists of the world worship Gods of the ancient egyptians? Because that is the ORIGIN of all this other bull#. They are at the top of the food chain, so they would know the truth. Have you heard of the word scapegoat? every wonder where it came from? Basically what Im saying is all this stuff about anti christ should go up in flames. Start by saying Anti-Horus and see if the conversation dont change up a bit.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

And the word became flesh. The word of God recorded in the bible became flesh. Jesus is the foundation, the leader of our church. He remains with us in two very real ways. Jesus in a sence being the word is the Bible; since he is the bible he has protected it. Since Jesus is the foundation of the church, the bible which is the word also is the foundation of the church. Since he is the word and wishes for all of us to understand he has sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us.

If you build your foundation on anything other than Jesus, who is the word, your foundation will crumble. Jesus and the bible are the authority and the Holy Spirit is the teacher. Why do you accept men when you can be taught by Christ and the Holy Spirit? All believers make up the church whether we agree with each other or not. The temple is you, and me. Jesus spoke of no other temple on earth. He will destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days. He was talking about his body. And now we are the body of Christ.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Ephesians 2:9
it is not from works, so that no one can boast.

We are saved because we are given forgiveness.
It does not say faith in something, just faith, so the word is used as a term for what the spirit does in us.
Works would be the works of the Law, meaning the old Law, where now we have a spiritual renewal that changes our character, so it is not specific acts that save us but being a better person and one suitable for entry into the promised future life after this one is over.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Yes! yes there is a list dealing with the way a Christian is to compose themselves. Found in the Holy Bible of course, in Paul letters since he is the Apostle to the Gentiles...or us saved Christians.

I will make a whole other thread later with the full list of commands, but for now know they are found in Romans through Philemon. With a few in Hebrews through Revelation, but not many!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Yes! yes there is a list dealing with the way a Christian is to compose themselves. Found in the Holy Bible of course, in Paul letters since he is the Apostle to the Gentiles...or us saved Christians.

I will make a whole other thread later with the full list of commands, but for now know they are found in Romans through Philemon. With a few in Hebrews through Revelation, but not many!

We disagree on the need to follow the KJV only but we do not disagree that the Christian life most certainly starts with Grace. And that Grace should produce fruit if we have indeed picked up our cross.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ok, lets see the list of Pauls commandments and compare them to what Christ taught.

I will wait for your thread.

I haven't made it past John myself.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join