It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christ Revealed first to ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
The sick amusing part is the bible thumpers who preach to everybody who will listen do not even honor the 4th commandment. Silly little puppets who do not understand even one single word Christ was talking about.

You should be careful my friend...

You're opening a can of worms you might not be able to close...

What did Christ say about the sabbath?

edit on 5-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Really you are going to quote Wikipedia as your source of definitive research on Christain Denominations? Religion like all things has been misused by those throughout the course of human history to commit unspeakable atrocities.

It is funny that you cite a Christian teaching on the Anti-Christ and the denigrate Christian denominations. I am so sick with Christianity being beat up as being exclusive. Any religion states that it is the only way. I know the answer but why is that the world acts if Christianity is the only exclusive religion. Religion by its very nature is exclusive. If you are Budist you are Budist. Islam is exclusive and if you just watch the news Sunni and #e Muslims kill each other all the time convinced that their way is the right interpretation of Islam.

So you are right if you want to call yourself a Christian you are expected to accept certain tennents of the faith and denomination of that faith to which you belong. This is not Anti-Christ this is Christian. I may disagree with a particular doctrine of a denomination but I don't hate the other denominations.

For example as a Protestant evangelical I disagree with the Catholic doctrine of papal infallibility. I don't hate Catholics nor Pope Benedict. I disagree with them because the bible says there are none righteous no not one, all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, etc. to me the Catholics deify the pope and as history has shown the Papacy has in the past be plagued with fallible men who have used their papacy to carry out their own human ambitions. This type of stuff even happens in the Protestant realm. History has shown us pastors that have used their ministries as a means for wealth, power, and a platform from which to launch their own lusts and desires that may be contrary to biblical teachings.

The world wants Christinaity to be tolerant without exception. Tolerance is not the wholesale embracing of any idea. Tolerance is saying well I don't agree with you but I am not going to mistreat you for your beliefs and actions. Critics point to things like the Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witchtrials as Christian intolerance and make it sound like that is the norm. Where is the talk of tolerance when the world was martyring Chistians left and right. Where is the the talk of tolerance when Christians in the Sudan and Egypt are being killed today. Where is the tolerance when our troops serving in the middle east are forbidden from having a Bible. Just so no one thinks I am bashing Islam look at Christians in China who are oppressed and treated like third class citizens.

What about all the good things that Christianity has brought? All the Charities, Hospitals and Schools? Yes there have been some dark times in Christian history but there have been a lot of bright spots too.

Secgamer I don't know what you have seen or experienced to give you such a negative opinion. You may be an atheist, agnostic or a member of another religion. If you have been wronged by a Christian then I am truly sorry but you cannot base Christianity on the actions of a few people. Christianiy is made up by people and humans by our very nature are fallible. No one is perfect and all Christians come short of the perfection of Christ.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There are so many religions and so many "ways" in each of them.. I personally don't try to classify myself in one of those groups because there are so many wrongs and doubts in them.

The Bible, same as every other religious book can be implemented in a million ways. And because of that, people fight over it.

In the end, it's you and not someone else who will have to justify their life and actions to God (How i see it). That's why i read the Bible through my own eyes and the way i understand it, without harrassing others or making them see it the way i see it, but giving advise if they are interested and asking for it (or asking advise myself).

I try to live and act on the verses i read in the bible when Jesus spoke to the people on the mountainslope, beautiful deep text to wonder about.. Don't know how it's called in English but in Dutch it's called "De Bergrede" i think.

My personal opinion and opening myself up a bit.. Hope it helps ;-)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by honestskeptic

I am a Christian. I am simply pointing out that every church that I have been to or read about teaches things that literally contradict easy to understand verses in the bible. If I was basing my opinion on some sort of philosophy than I would consider myself a moron.

In the bible it tells us to test all teachers and if what they say contradicts the bible they are false teachers. The bible is very clear about this.

I admit I did use the term Anti-Christ for dramatic effect. But the truth is anything that is taught that contradicts Christ is Anti-Christ or against Christ. I am not calling anyone bad or evil. I think most members of churches are God fearing loving Christians. What I am saying is that imbedded into the fundamental belief of all Christian Churches is dogma that contradicts the bible.

How many times have you heard a Christian Judge someone, all the way to hell. Most churches are teaching this. Jesus says don’t judge, as far as even to say love your enemy.

In the church in the bible everyone speaks. It appears to be more like an organized group discussion like you might find at an AA meeting. The Elder simply keeps order. There is no Pastor because Christ is Holy Priest and the teacher is the Holy Spirit. So every church that is not set up this way is Anti-Christ. Against Christ.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
The sick amusing part is the bible thumpers who preach to everybody who will listen do not even honor the 4th commandment. Silly little puppets who do not understand even one single word Christ was talking about.

You should becareful my friend...

You're opening a can of worms you might not be able to close...

What did Christ say about the sabbath?

I personally am looking forward to the Sabbath that Christ was teaching but you can take Saturday off if you like.

edit on 5-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Just wondering if you could expand on your "comments" besides saying "Wrong." to every point?

Oh .... so glad you asked! .... I'd be more than happy to.

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Catholics – Say they are the authority and teach that its ok to do whatever you want as long as you repent on Sunday. Not to mention adopting every Pagan holliday into the Church

No where does the Catholic church say it's okay to do whatever you want as long as you repent on Sunday. And I'm sure the OP was trying to slam Confession, but got the slam wrong .. so I'll add this .. no where does the Catholic church say it's okay to do whatever you want as long as you go to Confession.

Catholic Information on the belief of Confession
More information on the belief of Confession
Catechism of the Catholic Church - on forgiveness of sin

Among the penitent's acts contrition occupies first place. Contrition is "sorrow of the soul and detestation for the sin committed, together with the resolution not to sin again.

In the Catholic church - In order for a person to be absolved of their sins, they MUST be truly sorry for having done them AND they must have resolution not to sin again. This flys in the face of what the OP said ... that people can sin all they want as long as they repent on Sunday. His words are simply not true.

Protestants- Say by Grace alone, completely ignoring that as Christians we are called to a Holy life free from willful sin.

There are a zillion different 'protestants' out there and each protestant group believes something different when it comes to Salvation. Episcopal is very different from Baptist which is very different than Quaker, etc etc. The only group out there who ignores the seriousness of the fight against willful sin are the 'Once Saved Always Saved' bunch. And that's a small group compared to the larger protestant population. Considering that most protestants hold the Ten Commandments, and the 'lesser' two commandments' dear ... it's safe to say they do NOT ignore God's guidelines when it comes to sin.

Baptist- Teach that everyone who’s not basically perfect is going to hell.

No. Baptists teach that unless you are Baptist you are gonig to hell.
Well ... some of the 57 varieties of Baptist do anyways. But none of them teach that you have to be perfect or you go to hell. Since Southern Baptists make up a large population of the many different Baptists in this country ... I'll give THIS information on who they believe goese to heaven and who goes to hell -

Southern Baptists believe in a heaven and hell. People who fail to recognize God as the one and only are sentenced to eternity in hell.

The only way to get into heaven is salvation through Jesus Christ. To achieve salvation one must confess faith in God who sent his Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of mankind.

Salvation by Faith - It is only by faith and belief that Jesus died for mankind and that He is the one and only God that people gain entrance into heaven.

Baptists (most of 'em anyways) do not say you have to be perfect to get into heaven.
Out of all the protestants, THEY are the ones who you will usually find with the 'once saved always saved'.
Which is just the opposite of saying you have to be perfect to get into heaven.

Are you catholic? I'm sorry to but you no nothing about the that corporation.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Jesus is not catholic, baptist or protestant. I am Christian.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

He wasn't Christian either...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

In many ways you are correct, the fact is most do not see this because They cannot and will not think for themselves. Jesus preached that the kingdom of christ is inside you not in a building of wood or stone.... Thus said. Open-mindedness is a rarity in this world you have to be open to everything or you will fall for anything.. My savior loves me for who I am, notnfor what I do,

So... Feel free fellow ATS'ers to attack me now for speaking freely.

Well put!

S&F for you my friend

Much Love

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

What a wonderfully interesting concept Sacgamer.
Certainly worth pondering.

What I believe to be the most important message that Jesus (Christ) taught was 'We Are All One'. There is no separation between us, whether we be gay or straight, black or white, Catholic or Muslim, a criminal or a saint, left or right, or somewhere in between. Regardless of our differences, God (whomever/whatever that means to you) loves us all the same.

I intimate that any person / organisation / religion that teaches separateness from others (i.e. "your sexual identity is a sin", "your skin colour makes you a lesser person", "we are the one true religion", "I will not allow you to be forgiven for your crimes", "my political beliefs are correct and yours are wrong") is the embodiment of anti-Christ consciousness – in opposition to the teachings of Christ.

What if the Anti-Christ is not a man (or woman), but the belief that there is separation between us?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
to reply to post by sacgamer25

You do understand that indulgences were considered giving alms, right? There was no "selling".

www.catholicdoors.com...

Here is some more so you can deny ignorance
edit on 5-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11
With that said, wouldnt Jesus be opposed to the pope in the church?

He appointed the first head of His church. Therefore, He isn't opposed.
Practically speaking, SOMEONE has to run things. Jesus even said so in this statement -

Matthew 16:18-19 (jesus speaking) And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it and whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven’

Apostolic succession was then created by the Apostles in the ACTS.

If someone would like to "school" me on the purpose of a pope, please be my guest.

Read up ... everything from the Church and the early Church Fathers
The Vatican Website

From the outside looking in, Catholics seem to almost "worship" the pope.

Not even close ...
Catholic Catechism - lesson 30 - on Worship
Catholic teaching - worship belongs to God alone ....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Trust me I can’t make this stuff up.

:shk: I have shown over and over that you ARE making it up.

For example .... totally made up .... AGAIN ....

they claim he is equal to Christ and the Holy Spirit, thus proclaiming the Pope God sitting on his seat in the temple,

Read up ... everything from the Church and the early Church Fathers
Catholic Catechism - lesson 30 - on Worship
Catholic teaching - worship belongs to God alone ....

Seriously ... I keep correcting the emotional bunk you are throwing out. You throw stuff out with no factual backup and then I come in with the cold hard facts that prove you wrong .. time and time again. Aren't you getting tired of being proven wrong each and every time?
edit on 1/5/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
You honestly believe what you wrote about Catholics? You are so way off on that its laughable..

Originally posted by will615
OP, Being raised Catholic myself, I can tell you they don't teach (do whatever you want and repent on Sunday). You speak with forked-tongue. Are we the Anti-Christ?------Or are you?

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Excuse you? I am Baptist and this much i can tell you, we do not preach anything about you having to be perfect or you go to hell. I don;t know where youre getting your information from but it is wrong.

I can tell you where he's getting his information ... he's making it up. He's been proven wrong. And I agree with Will615 .. the OP is speaking with forked-tongue and telling lies. Who is the father of lies? SATAN. Therefore .. the OP is ANTICHRIST

The Catholic Church does teach things that are contradictions to the bible.

Because there ARE contradictions in the bible. Open your eyes. Jeeeze ...
starting right with the creation myths ... two different creation myths ... right off the bat ... BOOOM!
Contradictions.

Originally posted by superman2012
Wrong. See? I can do it as well. Where is your rebuttal? You are looking like a child here.

Actually, YOU look silly. You didn't read the thread. It's all there.

Originally posted by Interdimensional
Are you catholic? I'm sorry to but you no nothing about the that corporation.

Wrong. Don't assume what I know or don't know ... Everything about their worship beliefs I've posted is FACT .. unlike the OP who is just making up anti-Catholic drivel as he goes along ... and not backing it up with any facts.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

IN DEFENSE OF YOUR POST:

And YOU have just JUDGED EVERYONE based on your perception and limited understanding. NOT ALL people of a denomination believe the same thing. You've totally just summed up what "protestants" believe, in your own mind. I am a Christian, I do not believe in "grace alone", because faith without works is dead. I do not believe you can do whatever you want and just get away with it, and this is NOT what God's Word teaches. So instead of delivering crushing, judgemental statements about something you have limited knowledge on, why dont you try posting something POSITIVE to help make a difference in a CONSTRUCTIVE WAY.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think when the bible refers to the anti-christ it's not in the singular sense but in the plural sense... Anti Christ is someone who does un-Christ-like things like make war, kill, steal, or rape.

Some people say Napoleon was the AntiChrist, then came along Hitler, then Bush, then Obama... etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Davo163

What I believe to be the most important message that Jesus (Christ) taught was 'We Are All One'. There is no separation between us, whether we be gay or straight, black or white, Catholic or Muslim, a criminal or a saint, left or right, or somewhere in between. Regardless of our differences, God (whomever/whatever that means to you) loves us all the same.

God does love us all the same.. but He does not love sin.

We all sin to varying degrees.

Yes ..God loves the sinner who sits at home and scams many old fragile people out of there last dollars in the bank.. but He abhors what they do..and it hurts Him very much to see sins against the neighbor... in many ways.

I could give other examples..but you get my general drift.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I grew up in a presbyterian where is if wasn't hymns or played by and organ, is was sinful like drums and guitars, and still the church frowns upon it.

I went to a baptist school in my teenage years, and when I was in 6th grade I was doing high school algebra, but they insisted that I did what six graders do, not to be apart of the world, be be apart of us in this small group.

Now, I've been trying to go to an envalagistic church, and wow it's different, if I'm not like them, I'm not their kind or type of Christian, it's 50/50 depending on who your talking to.

Some are just completely against human nature, what are they, AI? I'm not kidding. As said in the OP, or a post reply, separation is the best way to have a sense of control, in no religion as me being me is accepted, only with my close family and friends am I looked at a decent person, making my own decisions, as long as they benefit others. The church or churches defends itself by making everything that is not a part of their culture a problem,

and wants to fix you.

I remember when I told my new church that I went to a baptist school, they told me that.... Wait for it

Ohhh you Poor thing, well here you'll be treated better and not judged for your flaws, and then it starts all over again.

With what you take with a gain of salt, others may need taking with a shot of penicillin,

Much Love Christians, cults, overseers, friends, families, and crazies, I love you all regardless of your problems.

edit on 5-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Jesus is not catholic, baptist or protestant. I am Christian.

Technically Jesus was Jewish because Judaism passes through the mother and Mary was Jewish

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PROT3CTOR

IN DEFENSE OF YOUR POST:

And YOU have just JUDGED EVERYONE based on your perception and limited understanding. NOT ALL people of a denomination believe the same thing. You've totally just summed up what "protestants" believe, in your own mind. I am a Christian, I do not believe in "grace alone", because faith without works is dead. I do not believe you can do whatever you want and just get away with it, and this is NOT what God's Word teaches. So instead of delivering crushing, judgemental statements about something you have limited knowledge on, why dont you try posting something POSITIVE to help make a difference in a CONSTRUCTIVE WAY.

I knew what I was going to say would sound as judgment against the congregation. But just as I can say America is bad, that does not imply that Americans are bad. Whenever you question someone's faith they take it personally and in many ways this is good. For it proves they have faith. What i am not doing is attacking any person, but I believe that I am correct.

I do believe that the modern church is not the creation of God. The church does not look or feel anything like the church in the New Testament. Jesus promises to give gifts of prophesy and healing to people. The New Testament church could be viewed more like an AA meeting than what we have today.

The church in the New Testament is more like a group of equals meeting to talk about all aspects of life, building each other up, holding each other accountable. Developing a personal relationship with your brothers and sisters that are all part of one family. The church has destroyed this type of relationship building.

The gifts of the New Testament were given to people based on their faith. If you don’t believe you can heal someone that you most certainly won’t be able to you. If the church of the New Testament existed we would all be building each other’s faiths up, constantly encouraging each other, sharing our homes and our possession as if we were caring for our nearest and dearest sibling. Maybe if we had churches that built every member faith up we would still see these gifts today.

The church of today simply does not do this. People attend simply because they know god is real and they want to honor him. We do this because we have faith. If we are honest with ourselves we know that we are at church to honor God and we are not there building a relationship with God through our brothers and sisters the way we ought to be.

The church creates a hierarchy, hierarchy creates separation. It is this hierarchy that creates denominations. When you create a hierarchy you create leaders, when you create leaders you create leadership. Once you create leadership you create a struggle for the leadership. This struggle to be right.

In the Christian church there is one High Priest, One teacher, and only one leader. This is Christ. You go to church and you are lucky to hear just one passage from the bible. I urge you listen to your bible on audio and compare it to the message you get at church. The message from the bible is one of the most beautiful things to listen to.

The lack of the scripture being read at God’s church is also not God’s plans. God promises all believers the Holy Spirit. He also promises that the Holy Spirit will interpret the word. It would be better to go to a church that read scripture for one hour a week, then what we do today.

We have prepared messages. We should be reading scripture together letting the Holy Spirit guide each of us. Each will hear a message from the Holy Spirit and each will add to the message. In this way we are all teachers, and we are all learners.

Today’s church is the one that is being revealed as the anti-Christ in the Bible. Satan built it up and gave it a mouth to speak. It blasphemes God. Keeping its members from building up faith through true fellowship. Preparing messages that stifle the word of God and keep the Holy Spirit shut up inside each of us. We are in the those times. We are being called to defend our Christ and his message. Sadly most of you will only believe that I am crazy because you have been deceived by the one who pretends to be an angel of light.

Christians a house divided against itself cannot stand. We are divided and we shall fall.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join