It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christ Revealed first to ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just posted this in a thread but it came as more of an inspiration so I figured I would share.

What is opposing Christ? I don’t believe that someone that doesn’t believe is opposing Christ. I think this would most likely mean teachers, especially ones that claim to follow Christ but teach a different message than Jesus did. For someone to truly be an Anti-Christ I believe they have to both acknowledge Christ and be a false teacher.

Someone that doesn’t believe doesn’t really fit this category. I simply don’t believe that someone who doesn’t believe can truly be in opposition to his message. As a matter of fact if you take what Christ is teaching completely away from the concept of having to believe in the bible most non Christians are completely for the teaching of Christ.

I think every decent human being believes in the first 2 commandments, and even atheist, who are also decent human beings
, believes in the second commandment. So to say that someone who doesn’t believe in Christ is automatically against him is not completely true.

Does any think war is good? Some think it necessary but none think it good.

Everyone decent person wants to live in a peaceful world, free from greed and immorality. So if they don’t believe in the bible do you really believe they are Anti-Christ?

Look at today’s Churches that claim to be Christian and bible followers.

Catholics – Say they are the authority and teach that its ok to do whatever you want as long as you repent on Sunday. Not to mention adopting every Pagan holliday into the Church This is Anti-Christ

Protestants- Say by Grace alone, completely ignoring that as Christians we are called to a Holy life free from willful sin. Anti-Christ

Baptist- Teach that everyone who’s not basically perfect is going to hell. Anti-Christ

Almost every one of the 30,000 denominations teaches separation of Christians by claiming their belief system is the only way. Anti-Christ

Almost every one of the 30,000 denominations teaches judgment against non believers and claims certain sins are unforgiveable, (like being gay) thus condemning them to hell. Anti-Christ

Do you see now see that the whole world has been fooled by the one pretending to be an angel of light? Almost all Christians are following the Anti-Christ, just as the bible predicts. Even non Christians believe things about Jesus and the bible that are not true because of these Churches. Anti-Christ’s

edit on 4-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Excellent post, Religion is the anti-christ thanks for posting S&F
Hopefully people will red this post and realize this, Religion is control, Religion tells us to do things against our fellow man..wake up Religious dudes/dudette's follow the God in yourself you have no need for Religion.
edit on 4-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I can understand what you are trying to say. I can also say that is not something I agree with. I believe the anti-christ will be a deceiver in a way of faking his beliefs but not that all denominations of the church are the anti-christ. I think you are generalizing way to much and will not be taken seriously because of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Catholics – Say they are the authority and teach that its ok to do whatever you want as long as you repent on Sunday. Not to mention adopting every Pagan holliday into the Church

Wrong.

Protestants- Say by Grace alone, completely ignoring that as Christians we are called to a Holy life free from willful sin.

Wrong

Baptist- Teach that everyone who’s not basically perfect is going to hell.

Wrong

That makes you wrong three for three.

Perhaps this thread would be better in the RANT section ...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have been called the AC a few times, I took it as a compliment.

We have to prove Christ existed before we can prove who is the AC.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Almost every one of the 30,000 denominations teaches judgment against non believers and claims certain sins are unforgiveable, thus condemning them to hell. Anti-Christ

Almost a perfect representation of the current situation, if you had only changed Anti-Christ to Asinine...

Labeling them as the anti-christ seems too good for their kind...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just wondering if you could expand on your "comments" besides saying "Wrong." to every point?

Your friendly neighborhood agnostic's request.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I couldn’t just make this stuff up. Maybe you should look into this.

Catholic doctrine

Roman Catholic doctrine maintains that the Church is infallible when it definitively teaches a doctrine of faith or morals.
Apostolicity
According to the Catechism, the Catholic Church professes to be the "sole Church of Christ", which is described in the Nicene Creed as the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.[68] The church teaches that its founder is Jesus Christ, who appointed the twelve Apostles to continue his work as the Church's earliest bishops.[69] Catholic belief holds that the Church "is the continuing presence of Jesus on earth",[70
Sacrament of Penance
In the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation[1] (commonly called Confession, Reconciliation or Penance) is the method by which individual men and women may be freed from sins committed after receiving the sacrament of Baptism.[2] For the confession to be acceptable according to Catholic teaching, the penitent (person seeking forgiveness) must tell his or her sins directly to an ordained Catholic priest or bishop. The priest or bishop will then recite the prayers of absolution to forgive the penitent's sins. The penitent may confess his sin face to face with the priest, or anonymously through a screen known as a "penitential grill".
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Protestant doctrines

Sola fide holds that salvation comes by faith alone in Jesus as the Christ, rather than through good works.
en.wikipedia.org...

Baptist Doctrine – If you understand the passages below Baptist believe that one must try and become sinless and don’t believe that baptism if forgiveness of sins.

Baptists practice believer's baptism and the Lord's Supper (communion) as the two acts of faith-obedience to the example and commands given by Christ for Christians.[citation needed] They differ from the other ordinances of God in that they were specially instituted by Christ.[citation needed] Most Baptists call them "ordinances"[3] (meaning "obedience to a command that Christ has given us")[4] instead of "sacraments" (activities God uses to impart salvation or a means of grace to the participant).[5] Therefore, historic Baptist theology considers that no saving grace is conveyed by either ordinance and that original sin is not washed away in baptism.[context?][citation needed] Baptists have traditionally believed that they are symbols.[5] However, Reformed Baptists and possibly a few others[weasel words] affirm a Reformed view of baptism and communion as a means of grace and therefore by definition refer to them as sacraments in their theology.[6] Some Baptists, particularly in the UK, have been[when?] reexamining the theology of the ordinances by questioning the interpretation that they are solely symbolic acts.[7]
However, Baptists do hold some common beliefs among almost all Baptist churches.[citation needed] Baptists share so-called "orthodox" Christian beliefs with most other moderate or conservative Christian denominations.[citation needed] These would include beliefs about one God, the virgin birth, the sinless life, miracles, vicarious atoning death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Christ, the Trinity (the divinity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, together with God the Father), the need for salvation (though the understanding of means for achieving it may differ at times), divine grace, the Church, the Kingdom of God, last things (Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in glory to the earth; the dead will be raised; and Christ will judge everyone in righteousness), evangelism and missions.[citation needed]
en.wikipedia.org...

I am not sure where I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well this thread was good for a laugh. The stereotyping of different religious beliefs here is absurd.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Well this thread was good for a laugh. The stereotyping of different religious beliefs here is absurd.

I have not sterotyped any person's beliefs. I have simply shared the churches view. I understand that not everyone who goes to church beleives everything that church stands for.

What I have said about the churches is true. They make no claim to the contrary.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Just wondering if you could expand on your "comments" besides saying "Wrong." to every point?

Oh .... so glad you asked! .... I'd be more than happy to.

Catholics – Say they are the authority and teach that its ok to do whatever you want as long as you repent on Sunday. Not to mention adopting every Pagan holliday into the Church

No where does the Catholic church say it's okay to do whatever you want as long as you repent on Sunday. And I'm sure the OP was trying to slam Confession, but got the slam wrong .. so I'll add this .. no where does the Catholic church say it's okay to do whatever you want as long as you go to Confession.

Catholic Information on the belief of Confession
More information on the belief of Confession
Catechism of the Catholic Church - on forgiveness of sin

Among the penitent's acts contrition occupies first place. Contrition is "sorrow of the soul and detestation for the sin committed, together with the resolution not to sin again.

In the Catholic church - In order for a person to be absolved of their sins, they MUST be truly sorry for having done them AND they must have resolution not to sin again. This flys in the face of what the OP said ... that people can sin all they want as long as they repent on Sunday. His words are simply not true.

Protestants- Say by Grace alone, completely ignoring that as Christians we are called to a Holy life free from willful sin.

There are a zillion different 'protestants' out there and each protestant group believes something different when it comes to Salvation. Episcopal is very different from Baptist which is very different than Quaker, etc etc. The only group out there who ignores the seriousness of the fight against willful sin are the 'Once Saved Always Saved' bunch. And that's a small group compared to the larger protestant population. Considering that most protestants hold the Ten Commandments, and the 'lesser' two commandments' dear ... it's safe to say they do NOT ignore God's guidelines when it comes to sin.

Baptist- Teach that everyone who’s not basically perfect is going to hell.

No. Baptists teach that unless you are Baptist you are gonig to hell.
Well ... some of the 57 varieties of Baptist do anyways. But none of them teach that you have to be perfect or you go to hell. Since Southern Baptists make up a large population of the many different Baptists in this country ... I'll give THIS information on who they believe goese to heaven and who goes to hell -

Southern Baptists believe in a heaven and hell. People who fail to recognize God as the one and only are sentenced to eternity in hell.

The only way to get into heaven is salvation through Jesus Christ. To achieve salvation one must confess faith in God who sent his Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of mankind.

Salvation by Faith - It is only by faith and belief that Jesus died for mankind and that He is the one and only God that people gain entrance into heaven.

Baptists (most of 'em anyways) do not say you have to be perfect to get into heaven.
Out of all the protestants, THEY are the ones who you will usually find with the 'once saved always saved'.
Which is just the opposite of saying you have to be perfect to get into heaven.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I couldn’t just make this stuff up. Maybe you should look into this.
I am not sure where I was wrong.

Sweetie .. nothing you posted back up your claims. Sorry. BTW .. in the future, if you want to discuss the beliefs of the Catholic church you should think about going directly to the source ... the Catechism .. not wikipedia. Ditto the Baptists. Ditto each of the separate protestant groups. Everyone of the protestants has a different belief system. Ya' can't just broad brush them all together. It's impossible.

Toodles.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They may not have said it but actions speak louder than words. They let priest who were molesting children continue to preach. They simply moved them and locked up the story. They must have forgiven him or they wouldn't by their own standards been allowed to let him take part in eucharist.

Even if you disagree they all fall into the same boat of either we are right and we go to heaven. Or the boat that you don't believe you are going to hell. Still Anti-Christ.

Personally if I was going to start a church that had a different view, I would not continue to proclaim that I belonged to the group that I disagree with.

As a matter of fact being that I am a Christian if I started a church it would most likely be out of my home like the early church. And all members would be encouraged to speak just like in the bible.

So if a church doesn't encourage all members to participate equally than they are Anti-Christ.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Lucky for me I choose to believe in Hinduism then, kinda lame finding out your entire religion is actualy some horny red dude living in a lake of fire wanting to do you a mischief with a red hot poker.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Excellent post, Religion is the anti-christ thanks for posting S&F
Hopefully people will red this post and realize this, Religion is control, Religion tells us to do things against our fellow man..wake up Religious dudes/dudette's follow the God in yourself you have no need for Religion.
edit on 4-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I hate to see people come on here and so definitively state things like this about Religion. You obviously know as little about TRUE religion as the people who blindly follow religious kooks and lose the real spirit of what it's all about.

Christianity is an absolutely powerful, amazing, empowering thing. But in the wrong hands, like all things, it can be used as a tool for control and hate. I found religion just over a year ago, and I am neither brainwashed nor controlled. It brings out the best in people - freedom, enlightenment, love. Don't let those who have missed or forgotten the message misrepresent the message.
edit on 4-1-2012 by MidnightATL because: I can't spell, haha

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

I read alot about Hinduism my fave God is Hanuman
www.sanatansociety.org...
Ohhh that cheeky monkey

Although I don't believe like you do the stories of the gods are wonderful.

Back to the OP, You are right about church, the whole world is a church and we shouldnt have to visit a man made temple to pray.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightATL

Freedom, Enlightenment, Love
I meet people who have all that all the time without the shackles of Religion tying them down.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
you have an excellent post sir,i applaude you!
i hope i can offer you some advice.
stop looking at what man has made into christianity,and start following the path of 'the Christ"
there is an old saying in magick (yes Jesus was a magi) if you want to be like the christ,then perform the works of the christ.
peace be upon you,and may you find your way

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The bible simply does not say that you have to say that you believe in Christ or you will go to hell. This interpretation causes judgment. Christ would never, ever contradict himself. Anyone who tells anyone that they are going to hell because they have not believed in Christ has judged.

Why do Christians so conveniently forget these words?
Mathew 7:2
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

If Jesus in his own words tells you not to judge therefore you must be incorrect if your interpretation leads you to judge others. And especially if you condemn them to hell.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

The unbeliever has broken the first commandant while you have broken the second. Condemning someone to hell is not loving. That is why so many people hate Christians. They are tired of being condemned to hell.

Anyone who teaches this is Anti-Christ.

So in your defense of Baptist you have confirmed they are Anti-Christ

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
you have an excellent post sir,i applaude you!
i hope i can offer you some advice.
stop looking at what man has made into christianity,and start following the path of 'the Christ"
there is an old saying in magick (yes Jesus was a magi) if you want to be like the christ,then perform the works of the christ.
peace be upon you,and may you find your way

Exactly we should allow aspire to follow Christ. I my friend am a Christian and believe in every word of the Bible as inspired by the Holy Spirit, the very spirit of God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join