It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul brings back soldier that was cut off from CNN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
What i don't get is why people are finding him "dangerous" for thinking differently in regards to foreign policy?

Obviously choosing the "right" candidate has gotten your country no more forward than what it was 10 years ago - why not take the risk of choosing someone "out of place"?

What's the worst that could happen? He would just leave your country in the same state he entered presidency in. So what if he leaves it worse? It's bee on a decline for years.
In fact, if he leaves it in a worse state, your country would be better off as it would start to wake everyone the # up.

But i think it won't come to that. Don't choose the same puppet everytime that gives a good speech. They look so fake anyway! The typical "we will move forward" speech.
Why do you think i despise politics so much? In my country, they do the same #! "move forward", "change", etc.

How about that quote by nietzche?
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

What is your country scared of?
edit on 5-1-2012 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

I think a large group are scared that the end of the world won't happen if they don't elect warmongers. They are trying to find the antichrist so they can put him in power and say "I told ya so" nana booboo.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I don´t think he is being played, he is realistic.

As I pointed out in my previous post, you really think this man will change this, or even be able to change things?

Presidents were killed for trying to change the way things are run, and you think that this man will be allowed to be chosen and then change it all?

That is pure delusion and it would go against every lesson that CT´s should have learned about the past 60 years.

He is either working for them, or he will never be chosen.

Ron Paul is to conspiracy theorists what Obama was to sheeple.

He is change people....he will change things for real.....

Dream on, the only thing that will change anything is if you storm the White House and Congress.
edit on 5-1-2012 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV

Originally posted by blupblup

Man.... I swear to god... politics in the US.

You guys are being played so bad.

It's so obvious... It's like a circus.

Guy gets cut off by awful news station... have no fear, Super Ron Paul is here..

:shk:

How convenient
Welcome to Planet Earth. Did you just get here?

We're 'played' every moment of every day by Politicians, Businessmen, and Banksters.

When one candidate finally comes along with a message that has been consistent for almost 20 years, and goes against the current FAILED policies all you can do is tell us that we're being 'played'. By whom? Ron Paul?

Why do you think the MSM pretty much ignores him?
Why do you think the Republicans don't like him?

Because he wants to take the power & money out of the hands of the few and give it back to us.

Now if you can prove otherwise, please, by all means show us some proof. I would love to see it.

No He wants to cut off all support for education, housing and urban development and give back all the powers to the states, thereby creating a system in which YOU have no protections under the federal government because they wouldn't be able to act on your behalf. Personally I need the support form the Dept of Education for 4 very beautiful but special needs children, and under his view, that support would end and they wouldn't get their education and special services now provided by a grant from..... The US Department of Education.

I know people that rely upon HUD for housing.... Under Ron Paul, states that can barely make ends meet would then be responsible for them as well..... Bye bye roof, sorry Dr Paul doesn't believe you deserve a home... He's cutting HUD...

Wake up and read what he's really proposing, don't get blinded by "Audit the Fed and Bring the troops home"

What's the Libertarian view?

Libertarians envision a country with every citizen fending for themselves with no federally enforced equal rights protections or programs to maintain and build roads, schools, hospitals, or regulations to protect consumers.

Directly forma libertarian..... Really now, is THAT what we all really want??????? Auditing the Fed is great, yes i needs to be done, count the gold in Knox too.. but Don't under any circumstances in this climate tell me I have to pay out 500K a year EACH for my children to attend school because as the RP fevered jerk who came to my door explained, it's not our job to educate retards....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Can anyone name a chosen president in any country in the world´s history, who has completely changed the dishonest and corrupt power structure, without some sort of revolution or struggle preceeding his election?

I would still vote for him though, because, as another poster pointed out, there is not much to lose, you will get a bought and paid for president anyways, with a very small chance that he is for real.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
reply to post by blupblup

You are clearly an idiot without a simple education in government. Stick with your MSM education dummy and have fun in the FEMA camp!

Yes clearly I am.
I mean your reply there was clearly from someone with superior intelligence.... I mean did you come up with that all by YOURSELF??

I'm impressed

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Funny huh, how supposed conspiracy theorists become sheeple while Paul has this Obama change yes we can effect on them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kreese

And if they take out our beloved Ron Paul faster that we can say " Oswald was framed" ... then there will be a public reaction faster than you can say " revolution" .

Uh huh.... Ron Paul is ripe for a heart attack... doesn't need to be an assassination, people are much wiser now but not too many question natural causes.

Get your head out of your a** and stop being such a pessimist.

Ron Paul == hope for peace, love and, freedom. While he may not be able to accomplish this entirely, it's still a step in the right direction.

A realist is not necessarily a pessimist.

And Ron Paul does not = that at all.

He wants to remove some of your freedoms.... like all politicians.
Maybe you don't need equality laws and protection and help guaranteed on a federal level, many do.

Maybe you're anti-abortion and agree with his desire to repeal Roe vs Wade?
Not everyone is.

Who knows.... but RP has quite a few not-so-nice ideas... and yes, every politician has them and we have to compromise, but don't fool yourself.

What he says is freedom and liberty for all.... may not actually translate to that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
As great as this all is, That soldier is out of line.

No member of the Armed Forces is allowed by DoD ethical policy to publicly endorse a candidate in uniform which would lead to a reasonable assumption that the specific armed service was backing said candidate. This includes publicly protesting/endorsing any political cause in uniform. With that said, it kind of makes sense why he's a ten year corpral(E-4);he probably can't follow the rules.

As a military member myself, I back Ron Paul, but you aren't going to see me in my dress blues on CNN bragging about it. It's just not in good taste.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
So who are you voting for?

Santorum?

I think you are the one being played. You must watch a lot of FOX.

No... why would I?
I actually posted this on the Santorum thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and I have never watched Fox in my life.... no literally, ever in my life.... I live in the UK, why would I?
edit on 5/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

You've been abused by the system so much that you don't even see your own way out of it when it comes.

Enjoy beating yourself with a stick. We'll all let you get to that while we leave.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Please answwer me this, oh he who is about to be raptured by Dr. Paul,

Can you name a chosen president in any country in the world´s history, who has completely changed the dishonest and corrupt power structure, without some sort of revolution or struggle preceeding his election?

Enjoy pleasuring yourself with a delusion. we will all let you get to that while nothing changes.

A president was even killed while already in office, trying to change the way things were run.

And now 50 years later, you really think that TPTB are going to give it all away and let this supposed great threat to their operations walk away with the presidency?

If a way out of this mess even exists, Ron Paul and his potential presidency is not it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the closest thing to Common sense that most people have seen in a politician in YEARS. And its not like he just came out of no where, he has been consistent for 20+ years.

That being said, the ONLY place real change is going to come from is a shift in consciousness of sorts. CHANGE, real change can only manifest in the outer world if each and every person manifests that change within themselves first. That means FULL Personal Responsibility for their thoughts and actions. This means No Illusions - which is something that will be very hard for most people. No Pretending that People like Bush, Obama, Clinton or any other Puppet is doing things in the best interest of the people. No pretending that we those in their ivory seats of power and control will ever willingly give up their Control over the people because 1 politician somehow gets elected.

CHANGE must come from within each of US, when this happens and you understand something much deeper than the programming of belief systems and ideas that each of us are subject to from a very young age you begin to no longer participate in the Games set up for profit and control by TPTB who run the Land of Make Believe.

Change is coming, Most are not ready to be shaken from their illusions

Would it be great to see RP win and actually try and do these things? Yes of course, but I leave you with a scene from the Matrix that sums it up Perfectly.....

edit on 5-1-2012 by awakened1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

I would not be shocked if this troop sees some trouble in his future as an active member of the US Military. It is against the regulations of all branches of the military to attend political rallies, particularly in uniform. Ron Paul even expresses the exact reason WHY you are not allowed to attend rallies in uniform; in his speech RP says "I think we know where the active duty sends its donations to when they are campaigning.... Ron Paul" - this is EXACTLY why members of the military should not get involved in this aspect of politics... he in ABSOLUTELY no way speaks for the military as a whole... its sad that RP has to parade this guy around in a dog and pony show for the press.... SAD.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I don't care what he changes or if he doesnt do anything different besides foreign policy is the number 1 thing, America is no longer the good guys we are the bad guys and he wants to change our world image by getting us out of wars with other countries we have no business being in. Every other candidate and politician wants to stay at war. Now to say basically were all dumb and falling for a trick is pretty pathetic...Ron Paul is not Obama let me be clear on that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Carl Sagan quote from his last interview
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jod7v-m573k#t=4m04s

"if we are not able to ask skeptical questions, to interrogate those that tell something is true, be skeptical of those in authority, then we are are up for grabs for the next charlatan, politician or religion that comes along.

It's a thing Thomas Jefferson laid great stress on. It's not enough to enshrine some rights in a constitution or bill of rights. The people have to be educated, and they have to practice their skepticism, otherwise the people dont run the government, the government runs us. "

edit on 5-1-2012 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Caesar did. He pretty much rolled in with his troops and made himself dictator. He was also quite a communistic-like fella. However, the results AFTER were a civil war and dictatorship, lol.

There are a few examples however.

Andrew Jackson (brought the bank down without a war and screwed up a few elections for people)

FDR (Made the nation essentially from a republic to a social democracy)

Hitler. (You could say his political roughians did damage, but there wasn't actually a war in Germany nor a revolution. He tried, and failed, to start one before he did it politically)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

I love this, but at the same time, I'm stumped. The military, under no circumstances, allows it's members to speak at political functions in uniform or while using their rank in any way. They may do whatever they like as their civilian name in civilian clothing, but they are NOT allowed to do this. The fact that he did not get into serious trouble after the CNN event is shocking. The fact that he appeared, yet AGAIN, in uniform at a political rally is even more shocking and raises an eyebrow. With Dr. Paul having had prior military service, I'm surprised he allowed this guy to come out in uniform.

Now, hear me out....I love Ron Paul, and I support him wholeheartedly. There is something odd about this though. Either this guy is a pawn...a fake...or he is being allowed to "get away" with this for whatever reason. Just want to put that out there for people to chomp on. Never ignore what's right in front of your face, even if it's about someone you like and support.

There are good reasons why military folks aren't allowed to do such things, and even though I appreciate that this one supports the guy I'd like to win, I don't think it's fair and I don't think the rules should be broken simply because it benefits my choice of politicians. I'm seriously questioning why he hasn't been tackled by his superiors...the Pentagon is usually all over this kind of stuff, and the crap rolls downhill FAST.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I think the best thing that could ever happen to this country is if we just start ignoring them altogether. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times: What if they gave an election and nobody came? The only change of the substantial kind that is ever going to happen in this country is of the type that WE instigate ourselves.

Ummm.......Actually.......the whole oyster, is that we DID ignore them.....We went about our 9:00 to 5:00's...got busy keeping our cog selves well greased......We swallowed the whole "capital" idea, and let them do us as we would..........................................................NO ONE payed attention.......at least not enough.....thats why we're here.....Placing a touch of hope in the basket of one old man....We wake from our stupor and almost want to sleep again....seeing how vast the problem that accumulated while we slept through our lives.........Thats why we use the term "waking up", because before that pivot...........we were on......IGNORE...

Ron Paul.....is kinda like the last...BEST...hope.......
Funny that "the old codge" was awake while we all slumbered.......

YouSir
edit on 5-1-2012 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShamilAbdullah
I was watching this live on BBC. Right when the soldier. Took the stage the BBC cut cut his mic and switched back to the control room reporter. I wish i would have recorded it. I would ask the members out their to help me find the live footage from last nights. BBC airing

Don't you think the BBC may have been getting the footage from the same place? When other items on BBC news 24 fail through losing the feed they do exactly the same thing only I guess with this one it has to be a conspiracy, right?

The BBC news site has several pages with info on Ron Paul. There is one - linked below - which asks how RP inspires such devotion and includes several interviews from starry eyed followers. Would they host this if they had some sinister agenda? Actually, seeing as at least one of those interviewed said he supported him because he is a grandfather type figure did seem a little worrying to me.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Okay, I apologize for not pointing out the whole "he's in his uniform" while I posted this video. I had noticed
but I was so caught up, I just really didn't care to bring it up because I knew you all would.
However, I think we all can agree this soldier being in uniform during this interview was a no-no according to the UCMJ.

I'm sure we'll hear about his consequences later.

What gets me now, is what someone posted earlier about RP letting this happen.
First, i'm sure RP can't simply tell him not to wear his uniform.
Second, he was in the heat of the moment and was eager to show us how the military supports him?
(As an RP supporter, it IS getting a little annoying hearing him saying that over and over again. WE KNOW!)
Thirdly, I just don't know. These are just some ideas as to WHY.

Personally, I do think RP should've known better because this just might bite him back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join