It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wedding Dresses Destroyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I used to be a wedding planner and floral designer.I love helping
people have nice weddings on a tight budget.I found this article
about a high end bridal shop closing.They destroyed all the gowns
and accessories instead of donating them to those in need.
I am nearly speechless by this wanton waste of wedding items that
could have helped a couple struggling to pay for their wedding.I know
this is not as important as supplies needed for sustaining life,it's still
a waste.

www.wtsp.com...

www.startribune.com...
edit on 4-1-2012 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Your absolutely right. Why are people so messed up that they would rather nobody have something they can't have? It's wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sad, but not really a conspiracy.

People throw out stuff all the time and dont donate it to people who need it.

edit on 4-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
WOW.

That's all I can say.
What bullcrap.
Stingy b....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow the dress at the end was over 4 thousand American dollars.

This is such a waste! They could have donated them to someone or a community or some kind of fund. I know there is a dress fun that helps military couples get married and they get a dress. It's a nice program, why not donate to something like that?!?!

I bet the owner was just bitter that they had to go out of business. This is the only reason I could see why anyone would do such a thing. If they can't have it and profit then nobody will have it period. I get that kind of attitude about the owner.

I know many people who have lost their businesses and they donated what they didn't need.

Sad to see someone waste such money. Granted I think 4k is a bit much for a dress but I know many disagree
At that price they could have gone to charity or something!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Read the entire article. The owner of the shop was under contractual obligation with her suppliers to destroy any unsold merchandise. Sounds to me like her hands were tied. If she would have donated the dresses, she could have ended up in court.
edit on 4-1-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I do agree this is such an waste.

What really gets me going is the following:

Every moment 24 hours an day across the western world we all have supermarkets and "malls" where you buy food.

At the back of most of these stores you will find an Skip full of perfectly safe, edible good food.

That days "Sell By" date or end of line.

It is illegal for an Homeless or starving person to go into the bin and take these sandwiches and food.

They get arrested for "theft" and Being on the property of the Company without authorisation, that is being in the bins.

Many of the supermarkets have invested an lot of money to make sure these "Skips" are now secured and behind walls and fences.

The skip is then picked up the next morning , at cost to the shareholders and company and store users and the food is sent to landfill.

They would, and we as users of that store when we purchase, as pension holders of these companies, pay for food to be thrown into an landfill site, than give it free to someone who has no other source of food. No one is really even asking the companies to give it to them for free, but why spend so much on lawyers, security, police time etc to stop them taking something from an skip.

Is it 1c or 1p of your next shopping trip that you will spending on throwing this food out of that store, and by force and very pro active means stop someone having "rubbish" so the hungry starve?

Think on that.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So basically, what the article is stating, is that some bs bigwig designer decides that if they can't continue to make a ridiculous amount of money on a dress, then it should be destroyed. Guess I need to do a bit more research before buying something.

I hope they are ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Why else wouldn't they donate? No money in donating

edit on 4/1/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

It is really sad when the "value of a label" is more important.
If the gown won't sell for thousands then destroy it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

A high example of their untethered greed and outright animousity toward any one they consider "lower" than them. Donating, nope, they want money and if they can't get it, then nobody can have the product, now who is the real class warfare PIGS??? You tell me.

edit on 4-1-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Update on the destroyed wedding dresses...
shine.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Link not working.
I heard the corporate store owners are feeling the heat. They need to come forward with the names of the designers that made them sign the contracts to destroy.
It will never happen, but it would be great to know whom NOT to buy anymore.

top topics

join