It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you become a Mason?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I read somewhere that only certain groups of the Masons ban alcohol

Can someone also explain all of the degrees stuff?

Some Lodges allow alcohol. Others do not. I'm lucky we have a fulllllly stocked bar. I think that's why we get so many visitors hahaha.

Keep in mind we don't drink to get drunk, just have a beer or two after dinner or maybe a nice whiskey or Scotch.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by jNormal

I am a woman. My grandfather was a Mason, but he can't refer because he's dead me so how would I become a Mason ? Is there a female version of the Masons ?
edit on 4-1-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

There are "Masonic" type societies that allow females, but Freemasonry is a Fraternity, it is male only.

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Pshh .. moderation .. According to my GL I cannot swear, fight, drink, gamble or do anything to disrupt moral turpitude.
Unfortunately I play hockey, love to brawl, I'd live in a Pub if my wife allowed, visit Vegas once a year and have been known to use vulgar vocal communications when displeased.

Grand Lodges are prudes.
edit on 1/4/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

In English Lodges it's pretty much compulsory to drink. From the ones I've been to they generally keep a nice bar, well stocked, good choice of beers, and some nice spirits.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Some Lodges allow alcohol. Others do not. I'm lucky we have a fulllllly stocked bar. I think that's why we get so many visitors hahaha.

Keep in mind we don't drink to get drunk, just have a beer or two after dinner or maybe a nice whiskey or Scotch.

fulllllly
was that really necessary?

We have several gallons of sweet tea in reserve at all times. Come to think of it, we don't get many visitors. Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
We have several gallons of sweet tea in reserve at all times. Come to think of it, we don't get many visitors. Hmmmm.

I am sure it has everything to do with the tea and nothing to do with personal hygiene.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by Sauron

fulllllly
was that really necessary?

I think they need to start cleaning up after the goat...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Can't believe you mentioned the Holy Goat on a public forum like this!

The Grand PooBah will be along to claim your left eyebrow any moment now!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

dude, not cool. we don't speak of "the goat" in public. You know that.
it's things like this that give the anti's the fuel they need.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by jNormal

I am a woman. My grandfather was a Mason, but he can't refer because he's dead me so how would I become a Mason ? Is there a female version of the Masons ?
edit on 4-1-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

If you are a woman and you are interested in becoming a Freemason, there are Masonic Orders that are mixed gender and also feminine Lodges. A few that spring to mind are Le Droit Humain, American Federation of Humain Rights, Delphi Order and George Washington Union. If you have a sincere desire to improve yourself and be serviceable to your fellow human beings, seek and you will find.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You become a Mason if you want to network. You'll need to be a stuffy lawyer, banker or local politician though. Otherwise you're probably not interested.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason1865
You become a Mason if you want to network. You'll need to be a stuffy lawyer, banker or local politician though. Otherwise you're probably not interested.

I am a mechanic and a Freemason , how does that fit into your statement above . As a matter of fact all the members of my mother lodge are blue collar workers and farmers and as far from "stuffy" as you can get . And absolutely NO networking goes on , nor have I seen networking in the capacity you seem to think goes on .

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
To expand on my previous post . As I stated I am a blue collar worker in a lodge full of blue collar workers . I am also a dual member of a city lodge who does have lawyers , doctors , judges who sit with and are friends with mechanics , roofers , carpenters , laborers etc; etc; and I regularly visit several other lodges in my area and have never seen nor heard of any kind of networking , unless you consider one brother asking another to help with some home project as networking .

I am blue collar , I do not network with the other brethren because I leave my profession outside the lodge and I am VERY interested in Masonry .
edit on 5-1-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Where do you find these Lodges?
The yellow pages. Or google. It's not like we're hiding them. Most post their meeting times/dates on a sign outside the lodge or in their lobby…

It's actually only 1 I disagree with.
Which is the believing in God one, I'm not sure whether I do.
I think I do believe in a God, just don't pray to it, nor am I religious.
It's kind of an important one, so make sure you're not on the fence about it before you decide to join. But you don't have to be religious; you don't have to be a member of a church; you just have to believe that there is something bigger than all of this and be willing to acknowledge that without reservation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join