It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you go about setting up a secret society?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm not interested in doing it, I just wanted to know...

How hard would it be, what do you need to do it, how you would go about doing it, and stuff like that?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'd do it secretly...

hehe

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Id start by creating a philosophy. Then Id create a location to meet. Then Id publish conspiracy-books against my organization so that people get curious.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wouldn't you have to have a purpose in your society?
For example the New World Order believe in a One-world government. There'd be no point in having a secret group for nothing to 'fight for'

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

nice! hehe..but so true..

yeah you basically just need some money, some people, some ideology and some place to meet and tell everyone in it not to talk about it or if talking about it just say "we are just a group philanthrops trying to make things "better""....
edit on 4-1-2012 by Acetradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yes i agree you just need to do everything secretly and know your followers can be trust worthy,and follow the select rules you prohibit

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
They started with God, then fighted Him and we ended up with the devil,

So i advise, to start with the devil, then fight him and you end up with God..

turn the tables for a change!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Id start by creating a philosophy. Then Id create a location to meet. Then Id publish conspiracy-books against my organization so that people get curious.

Nice.
No need to recruit, they'll come to you.

Personally, I think someone needs to define "secret society." I mean, I have tons of private conversations with small groups of friends, and nobody ever hears about it. Does that count? If a conspiracy is hatched in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
Wouldn't you have to have a purpose in your society?
For example the New World Order believe in a One-world government. There'd be no point in having a secret group for nothing to 'fight for'

Yes, a purpose. Thats what I mean by "a philosophy".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
If a conspiracy is hatched in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

A zen koan!

edit on 4-1-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would find an already existing group with the resources I need to begin.....people with skills....status....money....access to broader demographics.....etc...

then I would infiltrate them and begin a schism along the lines of a technicality in their rules or belief system....and exploit that to get me noticed...then I would Villainise the leadership and place someone I already moved to my camp if not myself.....

depending on the size of the group and my length of time I can stay on the front line of its inception without becoming imperial to its function....this is important since I can then disassociate myself in the future with the groups failures and select replaceable leadership that can assume credit for progress...leadership I can replace for different reasons....., I would then establish either moral code or theology so as to justify movement laterally.

Movement laterally= into other groups or institutions.....then comes the decisive moment.....if it holds for 1/3 of the actual time I want it to exist....then it's good to make public....so as to attract new members as it is at this point many of the first members will have left......and also go public so as to remove any credibility of there being a secret at all.....

After that ......make more sub divisions of said group to ensure survival against time and governments, social movements, ideologies that may arise.....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

For one you wouldn't start by asking on a public BB.

You would start it like any club

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Its a secret. lol

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Yep. And it would help to have at least one co-conspirator. The membership would grow. Slowly at first, but the numbers eventually become exponential.

Not that hard really, I would think, if you one was a sociopath with an above average intelligence.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. Sorry

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
First and foremost you have to have a mission or goal.
Second you have to have a set of rules and objectives.
Third you have to have a philosophy.
Fourth you have to have some money.
Fifth you have to have a way to distinguish between trustworthy members and the ones that are there just for the kicks of being in a secret society.
Sixth you need a location.

And this is point 0: you need to have an agenda because just meeting and talking and drinking coffee or tea is not that entertaining so a lot of people will leave.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
RULE NUMBER ONE

Threaten to Murder anyone who talks!

RULE NUMBER TWO

Compartmentalize it so that only YOU know it all

RULE NUMBER THREE

Invent a Myth about the Secret Society, so that Very Few Inside Know the Real Secret.

RULE NUMBER FOUR

Compel members to spend times spewing disinformation in places like ATS.

RULE NUMBER FIVE

Compromise members so deeply with monstrous practices so that none dares go mainstream.

RULE NUMBER SIX

Murder Anyone seeking to leave the group or anyone Revealing the Secret.

RULE NUMBER SEVEN

Lie to Everyone inside and outside of the group to Keep Everyone in the Dark.

RULE NUMBER EIGHT

Corrupt Members to better Control them and Corrupt Outsiders to better Subvert them.

RULE NUMBER NINE

Spy on Everyone and Blackmail Everyone to Wield a Powerful Lobby.

GS

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

That's a #ed up society you'd have.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am liking these ideas. But it seems like too much work. I have trouble joining a gym.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Getsmart

That's a #ed up society you'd have.

It is merely modeled after the Secret Society YOU belong to.

Secret Societies, the CIA included, often use deception to manipulate the "lower" hierarchies into carrying out particular actions which the inner core wish to implement. There is usually only a very small group of "inner elite" who know the whole story. The "pawns" would most likely not offer their services if they knew where their actions were taking them and their country. For instance a CIA "asset" serving the "Company" for "patriotic" reasons may in essence be digging their own grave, in reality selling out the country they are trying to defend, selling out themselves, their descendants, and so on to an agenda they don’t know anything about. - Branton).

The Secret Government: A Covenant With Death

GS

top topics

<<   2 >>

join