It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire Primary, January 10

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So, folks, the next race is coming up in New Hampshire and recent polls show Mitt Romney with a very strong 20 point lead

The wikipedia article is interesting because it says that anyone can vote in the primary and it's not restricted to "members of the party only"-- however, as a registered Democrat, I couldn't vote for anyone in the Republican primary if I lived in New Hampshire (which I don't.) I'd have to change my affiliation.

It is not a closed primary, in which votes can be cast in a party primary only by people registered with that party. Undeclared voters — those not registered with any party — can vote in either party primary. However, it does not meet a common definition of an open primary, because people registered as Republican or Democrat on voting day cannot cast ballots in the primary of the other party.

Here's a link to the New Hampshire GOP website where you can keep current with what that state party is up to.

(this will be unpinned after the NH election.)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I live near Nashua, and I have yet to see ONE sign for any candidate other than Ron Paul. Even my small town has RP signs everywhere. These numbers are bogus I'm sure, I've not spoken to anyone here who plans on voting for anyone other than Ron Paul. It's like he's the only one running in the real world, in the TV world he barely exists.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Eh, that's just probably a reflection of the fact that Ron Paul supporters get the signs out quickly AND the people you hang out with. I don't know anyone who will vote for Ron Paul among my circle of friends, but I hang out with environmentalists and teachers. That doesn't mean that he'll get zero votes in my state or that he'll get all the votes there in New Hampshire.

I'm wondering if Romney can hold on to his 20% lead with Rick Perry still in.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Ricky Perry does not matter in NH...he is taking his campaign to SC I believe.

NH is going to be Romney, Paul and PROBABLY Huntsman depending on how the media treats him in the final days.

Unfortunately, the media holds a lot of power...yet again.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Definitely looking forward to the debate and seeing how this plays out - the new Washington Times/JZ Analytics (report here) shows Romney with 38, Paul 24, and the big news! Santorum at 11. Looks like Paul's also moved up in the Suffolk poll from 8 points to 18 over the last few weeks - generally one of his lowest pollsters there.

Come NH, don't fail us now. Prove it true: you want to live free or Die!

edit on 1/5/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Most of the survey polls before Iowa showed Ron Paul with a good lead. He ended up in 3rd place. So a turnaround can happen but I suspect Ron won't get as much 'help' as Romney got in Iowa.

I see a comfortable victory for Romney in NH, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I always figured NH would dislike Romney intensely being a Masshole but I guess an awful lot of Massholes have moved to NH for the low cost and clean air.

Why they'd want to bring down that Masshole tyranny on the rest of the nation, let alone NH, puzzles me.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Most of the survey polls before Iowa showed Ron Paul with a good lead. He ended up in 3rd place. So a turnaround can happen but I suspect Ron won't get as much 'help' as Romney got in Iowa.

I see a comfortable victory for Romney in NH, unfortunately.

Romney has to win NH comfortably. If he doesn't his campaign will be in tatters - it's a banker. If Ron Paul gets anywhere near him, he will be become the favourite for the GOP nomination.

IN my view Romney needs 40%+ to keep credibility amongst those that believe he can beat Obama.

I am hoping and praying for 20%+ for Ron Paul
edit on 5/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Bad debate

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

I think your right although, short of ron paul beating mitt (which seems unlikely at the moment) the media will downplay any sucess ron paul has.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

One more thing to add...democrats can no longer change their party affiliation to vote in the Republican primary. The deadline to do that was October 14th.

www.sos.nh.gov...

Last day for registered voters to change their party affiliation prior to the Presidential Primary is October 14th, 2011 - check for time/place with your town clerk

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I live near Nashua, and I have yet to see ONE sign for any candidate other than Ron Paul. Even my small town has RP signs everywhere. These numbers are bogus I'm sure, I've not spoken to anyone here who plans on voting for anyone other than Ron Paul. It's like he's the only one running in the real world, in the TV world he barely exists.

Yard signs are a good way to judge enthusiasim...poor way of judging overall support.

Most voters in elections are not enthusiastic and involved voters...they are party line voters.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ron Paul is doing rather well in comparison to Romney for New Hampshire. Romney dropped to 35% in the polls, from 41%. Paul has dropped only 1%, but then we must note that he has grown in popularity there up from 14% over the last month. So Paul does have a distant, but credible chance to take on Romney in the primaries. This outta get his supporters excited.

Huntsman lies third at 11%.... if he doesn't come atleast in second place for New Hampshire, he needs to drop out.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Hadn't heard this before.
I predict a strong second, Intrade says he has a 75% chance of taking second.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So what time exactly does voting take place? ...and why can't I find any media coverage on it like there was for Iowa? I would have thought it would have started by now and be a lot more hyped up... am I missing something? (I'm in Aus).

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Just voted for Mitt Romney in NH and when I went to my voting station. All the signs for Mitt were thrown on the ground. I noticed all the hunstman and Santorum were up and Santorum supporters were there.

I called the head quarters to tell them to get someone out there.

they called me back and told me I can report what I saw on the ground.

I told them I would and I did. I sent him the pictures of the signs on the ground.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
These are some of the first votes from Dixville Notch, New Hampshire. They open poles at midnight.
But only nine residents in town. Not truly a good comparison to the rest of the state.

Dixville Notch, New Hampshire

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Paul trailing Romney by 2 votes.

With 1% reporting.

Live Wire results

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thought this thread would be moving considering voting started at midnite last nite and checking that site 7 and 5 votes?

Gonna be a long day.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Bump, hey guys, where's the party at?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join