It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonstration of temporal cloaking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Demonstration of temporal cloaking

www.nature.com

Recent research has uncovered a remarkable ability to manipulate and control electromagnetic fields to produce effects such as perfect imaging and spatial cloaking...To achieve spatial cloaking, the index of refraction is manipulated to flow light from a probe around an object in such a way that a ‘hole’ in space is created, and the object remains hidden.

Alternatively, it may be desirable to cloak the occurrence of an event over a finite time period
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
lightyears.blogs.cnn.com

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is unprecedented! Just two years ago it was only a theory and now Science can cloak events?

t's still preliminary, but Alexander Gaeta, a physicist at Cornell University, and colleagues are making strides in this direction. He and colleagues report their feat in the journal Nature.

They're not just talking about a device that would make an object invisible. Instead, the idea behind space-time cloaking is, for a brief period of time, to make an event undetectable by light

Source

I am trying to understand this. If we humans just demonstrated this concept, then is it not possible that all the stories we heard about vanishing people and ships are true? I can't imagine what thieves could do with this tech

www.nature.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-1-2012 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Welcome to the brave new world of what we aren't trusted to see or know about.

Now...how long have they really had this technology and how long has it been fully functional and integrated into real world systems? When we hear the answer to that, I'll feel like we may actually be reaching a point of honesty from TPTB.

Until then... Look skyward and listen. They can't cloak sound quite as well, apparently...and we CAN hear the things, even if we can't see them. The truth is out there alright. It's flying right over our heads sometimes...and probably much lower than we'd be at all comfortable in knowing.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It would be silly if this was available in every day life.
People would just be able to murder, rob and commit other crimes and get away with it?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've heard of this before,
I didn't know that they had actually tested and verified it though.

Crazy.. I imagine this changes the game quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are right. I too am kinda disturbed by this constant noise outside that has no source. I hear it at night and in the morning

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This particular technique is currently limited to events that last less than 110 nanoseconds (like very very short laser pulses), and there's a hard limit of 120 microseconds (0.00012 seconds), based on the speed of light. So it's not particularly useful on a macro level.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
hi op
almost like john carpenters
they live

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
This particular technique is currently limited to events that last less than 110 nanoseconds (like very very short laser pulses), and there's a hard limit of 120 microseconds (0.00012 seconds), based on the speed of light. So it's not particularly useful on a macro level.

Yes, but the fact that they were able to achieve this feat is remarkable

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is mainly the ability to make the photons go around an object.

It does not mean that whatever is inside the "hollow" zone does not occur. It just means that you can't detect it visually (or by other means that rely on the use of photons) until the field is turned off.

If someone is killed, as mentioned earlier, there will still be a dead body. Mass is still conserved. The light coming from the other side just gets bent around the area so you don't see what happened. There will still be material evidence left behind.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
It would be silly if this was available in every day life.
People would just be able to murder, rob and commit other crimes and get away with it?
No they could'nt because I would have one too and no one could see ME! So there you go Mister Smarty Pants

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Thanks for the post and links.

Sounds like more confirmation of UFO type technologies, to me.

Some of this stuff has been operational for decades . . . with greater and greater refinements all along the way.

When it all starts tumbling out in public view . . . folks are going to freak out big time.

Only those well centered and grounded in eternal values and Relationships will handle such dramas well.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Cheers OP an interesting article, I cannot help but think of the michio kaku (I know I know) episodes hosted on BigThink.com which in one episode demonstrates a cloaking device but regardless this is an interesting development.

It states at the bottom of the first linked article

We characterize the performance of our temporal cloak by detecting the spectral modification of a probe beam due to an optical interaction and show that the amplitude of the event (at the picosecond timescale) is reduced by more than an order of magnitude when the cloak is turned on. These results are a significant step towards the development of full spatio-temporal cloaking.

From which we can infer limitation, this isn't to say it's not possible but it is no cloak of invisibility yet.

My major issue with all of these types of devices is that they cater only for a limited gamut of the em spectrum ( human visible or what we term light) thus employing a method similar to the performance measurement and choosing to target a gamut not handled by the device one could, in theory at least, detect anomalous readings given by the device.

No one can hide; all sins are revealed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Not yet, at least. Wonder what this will be developed into.

Funny how science seems to increasingly resemble science fiction.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Welcome to the brave new world of what we aren't trusted to see or know about.

Now...how long have they really had this technology and how long has it been fully functional and integrated into real world systems? When we hear the answer to that, I'll feel like we may actually be reaching a point of honesty from TPTB.

Until then... Look skyward and listen. They can't cloak sound quite as well, apparently...and we CAN hear the things, even if we can't see them. The truth is out there alright. It's flying right over our heads sometimes...and probably much lower than we'd be at all comfortable in knowing.

I think it's been around for a while. I was told a story by a guy I know who teaches Microsoft technical courses. His father has a small airplane. One day they were flying a few hundred feet above the main road that leads to downtown. About the same time they both noticed, what he called mirrored sphere, flying below them. The strange thing is it appeared no one on the ground noticed it and even though it appeared like a mirror, shinny, it did not reflect the surrounding area. They could not hear anything because they were in a noisy plane. He said in a way it kind of reminded him of the way Predator cloaked in the movies, but this was a sphere.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not a terribly new idea. The whole basis of the Philadelphia Experiment back in the 40's was the use of electromagnetic fields to cloak a warship. It makes one wonder just how far along this technology has actually come and what other applications it may have.

Events in the Bermuda Triangle such as spinning compasses, the "green fog", time dilation, location displacement and outright vanishing can all conceivably be attributed to electromagnetic phenomenon, natural or otherwise.

I'll also namedrop Nikola Tesla, Unified Field Theory, Torsion Fields, and Plasma Cosmology/Electric Universe Theory as interesting tangents to this field of research. We're talking keys to the universe stuff here.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I knew something was up when i read this article, now wired magazine has published this story

Pentagon Scientists Use ‘Time Hole’ to Make Events Disappear

Soldiers could one day conduct covert operations in complete secrecy, now that Pentagon-backed physicists have figured out how to mask entire events by distorting light.

A team at Cornell University, with support from Darpa, the Pentagon’s out-there research arm, managed to hide an event for 40 picoseconds (those are trillionths of seconds, if you’re counting). They’ve published their groundbreaking research in this week’s edition of the journal Nature.

This is the first time that scientists have succeeded in masking an event, though research teams have in recent years made remarkable strides in cloaking objects. Researchers at the University of Texas, Dallas, last year harnessed the mirage effect to make objects vanish. And in 2010, physicists at the University of St. Andrews made leaps towards using metamaterials to trick human eyes into not seeing what was right in front of them.

Source

Its amazing that the most technological advancements in science have something to do with military and defense. It makes me wonder what military application exists for CERNs particle collider

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

This is not useful on a macro-level YET.

This research went from theory to success in a relatively short time. The crux of the matter is that it IS possible.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It takes four coordinates for matter to exist in our perception of reality. These are (x,y,z,t). If matter is time cloaked, it does not have a time, t, coordinate. Therefore, this cloaked matter does not exist in our perception of reality.

The BIG Question. Where does the matter reside while cloaked if it is not in our reality/universe?

The matter is in superposition.

The 5th dimension.

The second dimension of time.

Prespacetime.

Alpha time.

The spirit world.

All of these are the same place.

A place where time does not exists as we understand it. The place of singularity within all black holes.

The place where the electron goes when it pops in and out of reality as it orbits the nucleus of an atom.

Watch this video to learn more about Alpha time.

www.youtube.com...

This is where the extra energy may be coming from at CERN LHC.

Smashing protons together punches a whole in the fabric of three dimensional space and quickly seals at 3 TeV power only allowing enough energy for humans to be curious about the extra peak on their graphs at CERN.

What is going to happen when it is cranked up to full power of 7 TeV in December 2012?

What happens when the hole does not seal quickly?

Could this be how the Big Bang starts or will we first see our dead relatives come flying through the hole like the Bible says they will once again walk the earth during the rapture?

We now see more and more evidence that the 5th dimension exists all around us but our five senses cannot pick it up. The dimension is curled up so small that it is only accessible at the quantum level.

We all have been there, in Alpha time. Our consciousness becomes nonlocal when we dream.

This is why our dreams allow us to travel backward and forward through time and space like an electron wave in superposition. Our consciousness is in alpha time/superposition and behaves as a wave function like in the double slit experiment.

When our body chooses to awaken, the wave function collapses and our consciousness becomes fixed in our perception of reality as we return from a visit to the 5th dimension where all possibilities exist.

This is where our consciousness goes when we are anesthetized, and when we have an out of body experience while on drugs such as '___'.

This is what the double slit experiment indicates and this is where the particles go when time cloaked.

Just wait and see.

Comments?
edit on 12-1-2012 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

top topics

join