It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FL Man to Reduce Hurricane Ivan's Strength

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
since he is from Jupiter ...

... he has a plane full of black monoliths?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
No good deed goes unpunished.

It could be dangerous to break up a large storm like that.

These storms are very large transfers of energy.
From Ocean, to the atmosphere.
I believe these transfers of energy are important to the balance of global weather.

This might sound silly but, imagine a toilet flushing.
Swirling around, then shooting down the plumbing.
Turn that whole idea upside down, but the toilet still flushes, upwards now.

A hurricane is like a GIGANTIC, upside down toilet.

Driven by heat, instead of gravity.
The Ocean is the BOWL, The EYE, is the Plumbing.
The warm air, moisture laden, shoots UP, through the eye, (the flushing)
depositing the heat in the upper atmosphere, then condensing as rain, and cooling the Ocean.

I think it might be bad, to not let the toilet flush every now and then..

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Space... even though you have the strangest avatar I've seen in a while that was a good post

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thanks Indy..LOL

You think my avatar is strange?

You should have seen me in the kitchen, with that plastic figurine
on the table..Trying to get a super-duper closeup of it, while it was illuminated with a flashlight, and trying to keep it in focus..
My wife is now SURE that I am strange, so I guess the avatar fits.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It is possible to mess with the eyewall with a relatively small amount of product, just hit a small piece of it and it can cause the "stadium effect" to breakdown but it will reginerate itselfs and doesnt do anything to rise the pressure. Ive said this plenty of times, dont mess with nature.

Going by Murphy's Laws the only thing humans can do to nature's fury is make it worse.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What about steering a hurricane?

There is the joke about putting a mobile home park on an aircraft carrier,
then putting out to sea, away from land. The hurricane will SURELY follow, due to their known affinity for those flimsy aluminum homes!

Could we find a way to steer them? manipulation of air pressure, or sea temperature. Let them run their course, just out in the middle of the ocean.

Hard to determine though, if the global effects would be lesser or greater than just snuffing it out..

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
hmmmm, kinda reminds me of that old margarine commercial and the great line-----
IT'S NOT NICE TO FOOL MOTHER NATURE!

IMHO, a bad idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The plan was to dump polymer into the weakest part...

I was listening to the guy on the radio this morning, and I guess they not only have most of the top meteorologists on their side, but multiple other governments are begging for their help. All of the research shows it will work.

What worries me is that they have no plan to clean it up...

The material is similar to what you find in a baby diaper, and while super-absorbant, creates a gel like material. The cost of destruction could well be replaced by the cost of cleanup- but insurance companies will support it because they don't have to pay someone to wash off all their plants. Just think, they could now send out concentrated windex instead of billions of dollars to replace damaged homes...

because I'm sure that also won't harm the environment at all...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Does anyone have any recent news links about this guy and what he is doing now?

If they've been trying to stop Ivan their product and method does not appear to be working, Ivan is still a cat 4 and will still be a majot hurricane at land fall.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The "powers that be" would easily stop this man. Big mistake to announce what he was going to do.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
well, hey, why not? florida's got two hurricaines, who needs a third? if the guy feels like it, let him. theyve done weather altering things like this, usually for crops, making it rain or stopping it raining. if he thinks he can pull it off, and its not really illegal, why not? i wudnt do it, id save my life for a more 'noble' cause, like putting not one but many men on mars. women too.

Originally posted by Intelearthling
If you think that's something, click on to THIS link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I thought it was pretty funny myself!

now thats some hot *stuff* man. every 6,000 years or so, that wud seem pretty easy to orchestrate, not too consuming. id totally be up for it, since, of course, ill be alive then. i just hope we dont muck it up.

note: i see ats updated the dirty word blockers. instead of replacing a word, now they do away with it, so we really sound like blithering idiots. beautiful.

[edit on 9/15/2004 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can't find anything to link to, but he did state on the radio that they aren't going to do anything with Ivan, but were considering one of the next few storms that pops up.

So if you're in florida and get hit with a ton of gooey gel on a windy day, I guess we will know what happened...

Originally posted by jrod
Does anyone have any recent news links about this guy and what he is doing now?

If they've been trying to stop Ivan their product and method does not appear to be working, Ivan is still a cat 4 and will still be a majot hurricane at land fall.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, Jeanne is out there...maybe he'll play with her???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join