It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there really a Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? [Anim8tr] MOVED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I do not know! I only have tradition and legend to account for them.

The Old Testament says such persons existed, but the contents of the Old Testament were passed down by word of mouth through a hundred generations before they became written on scrolls of sheepskin as a permanent literary record.

Denial of the Exodus and the reality of the Biblical account is nothing new. Neither are these arguments. The sceptics have been around for over 200 years, and much of their teaching has been the accepted wisdom in universities for a long time.

Are the sceptics right?
edit on Wed Jan 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
they well all could be only legendary figures, exaggerated historical stories and fictional Characters were often used in the past to be used to control the mass

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
I do not know! I only have tradition and legend to account for them.

The Old Testament says such persons existed, but the contents of the Old Testament were passed down by word of mouth through a hundred generations before they became written on scrolls of sheepskin as a permanent literary record.

Denial of the Exodus and the reality of the Biblical account is nothing new. Neither are these arguments. The sceptics have been around for over 200 years, and much of their teaching has been the accepted wisdom in universities for a long time.

Are the sceptics right?
edit on Wed Jan 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Abraham was first called Abram. The 'Hey' was added to his name by God. Hey means, "Behold a Great Work." This was known at least 3200 years ago by early settlers to the land of Canaan. To be named in a society, a person was associated with their related people group. Families knew their history. Scribes transcribed history to paper with great care. There were rules that had to be followed. An entire scroll would be thrown out if one letter was found to be mistaken. A scribe would start the work from scratch. Embellishment was not an option as priests and scribes held themselves to the highest moral integrity.

We verify this by the oldest manuscripts we can find. There are minimal differences in copies of the Torah. This was a sacred book of recording history. Why was it so sacred? The early Hebrew language originated with Phoenician. This would have been Abraham's language. What is interesting about this language is unique to any other root language. Each letter, as in the "Hey" I mentioned above, represents a root idea by embedding a larger meaning within the symbol. Each symbol held critical data that was like a seed. These letters were then combined to form branches. One word starts with a root, then branches by adding other letters in sequences around the original root. The 22 letters form the main trunk. From these letters, branches are formed. Each branch tells a piece of the puzzle. I wrote a very basic article on this that allows a person to see the overall story of creation within the 22 letters themselves. How? By defining the pictograph meaning and connecting this to the other part of the story (Torah).

There is no good reason that the story in the letters should perfectly match the story of our history. Come up with a good argument for this and you convince me that there is no divine hand at work.

Here are the articles you should read as simple examples.

22 Letters of the Hebrew and the Story They Tell

Study of two words - Word / WorLd - Lamed added to make the other.
edit on 4-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I read an article recently about "proof of the exodus" It was quite interesting actually...

Evidence of the Exodus

edit on 4-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think there's enough to state that they existed, Abraham as you know exists in Judaism, Islam and Christianity, but I still have a lot of issues with the story, but these are more philosophical than factual.
For instance, I dont agree with the fact that "God" would act in the way that he does, I believe that He would appreciate morality over devotion and obedience.
"With all due respect god, I'm not going to stab my son,
it's just wrong".

Sorry

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Damn old threads

:bnghd:
edit on 28-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join