It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting people from ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
From what I remember, there's quite a few of us in the Tampa Bay area of Florida here. I know some such members, though not most I'm sure, in the area.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
From what I remember, there's quite a few of us in the Tampa Bay area of Florida here. I know some such members, though not most I'm sure, in the area.

Have always wondered whether you guys (moderators) have met each other..?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would love to hear more stories from those who actually did this! I think a "convention" type thing might be fun though.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Have always wondered whether you guys (moderators) have met each other..?

There's a handful that have met more than I but I've met about a dozen members. Most staff.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm located in southern Oklahoma, about 3 hours from the Dallas area and a little over an hour from Oklahoma City... I would be open to meeting some fellow ATSers for a get-together in a public place! Sounds fun!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
[color=deepskyblue]There should so be a convention! I would certainly attend if it wasn't too far away.

I am skeptical about meeting people from the internet as I had a bad experience once, but I think the people of ATS are different than people from other places on the internet.

I am from Northwest Ohio, somewhat close to the Indiana state line.
edit on 4-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

whoaaa!!!
had no idea clucker had been banned either

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gaz/other admin

I'd be up for running a Nottingham, England ATS study group. However, won't it be a T&C violation to even ask for members to tell us that they are in the vicinity? I know RisingAgainst has Doncaster (about 20 miles from me) written clearly on Avatar and I've made no secret of where I reside but.....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've met 3 fellow ATS people so far and all of them have been really nice people even the mod that I got incredibly drunk with (no names of course)

I don't see that many people from my neck of the woods around on ATS though

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'd love to meet some local ats'ers in my location. I'm just quite skeptical but um..if you're in TX, send me a u2u.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hmmm... gorgeous face wanting to meet random people online... I'm not insinuating that you are doing so yourself OP, but it would be a wonderful way for alphabet soup to meet all us nutters and sort out the ones that they deem dangerous.

That being said, a gorgeous face wanting to meet random people online... wish I'd read this thread before I took vacation in London last March!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I know another member; I got him to sign up. He ended up here before me

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I've met 3 fellow ATS people so far and all of them have been really nice people even the mod that I got incredibly drunk with (no names of course)

I don't see that many people from my neck of the woods around on ATS though

Yeah, must be rough... living at Hogwarts and all. Id read about a few folks getting arrested at Kings Cross for smashing headfirst at full run into the pillar between 9 and 10. Stop inviting people if youre not gonna give them the Open Chant...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
In my short time of mainly lurking the boards, I have found many likeminded people that tend to have a similar outlook to myself. Even more than my friends and family in the real world. Sometimes I talk about these conspiracies and they look at me as if I am crazy.
Ive often thought It Would be cool to meet some of these likeminded people in the flesh.
Obviously people are based all around the world but maybe if there were ATS evenings in some of the major cities, where we could meet up and get to know each other, or maybe a few of us who would be interested could organise one in our local area?
How does that sound to other users? Would you be interested in an event like this?
Also have any of you met other ATSers before? How did that go?

--------------

Sounds like a Great Idea to me too MissCurious !

A convention type setting planned in advance in any major city where a lot of ATS members live would be the best idea IMHO

The Possibilities are Endless as to how big or even if Special Guest Speakers could be Invited too.

For Example:

After a Centrally Located City is decided upon. A Convention Hall could be Rented for 1 Afternoon.
The cost of renting the Convention Hall would be covered by say a nominal $5.00 Dollar Admission Ticket paid in Advance by all who wanted to attend.

The ATS Mods could set up a ( Special Link ) at the top of the page that ATS Members could click on. On that Special Upcoming Conventions Page, All ATS Members could then find out about any Conventions that are being Scheduled in a City or Town near where they live. Then, any ATS Member that wanted to Attend that Upcoming ATS Convention Meeting in their area. Would be able to - Log-In - Enter their ( User Name ) and Pay Online with PayPal etc. Or at least ( Reserve Their Seat ) and Pay at The Door etc.

The ATS Site is filled with a very educated and special bunch of people to say the least. That is why I have no doubt that the ATS Mods could help the members Organize any Convention Meeting Anywhere with an " ATS Members Meeting Link " etc at the top of the page or wherever the Mods thought best.

Yes MissCurious, a Brilliant Idea to say the least in my opinion.

Couldn't everyone on ATS just Visualize and See it all now in their minds eye ! Can you just imagine what it would be like to Attend an ATS Meeting with some Very Notable Guest Speaker or Speakers ? And then after the meeting, having time for Refreshments and Socializing ! Also, if any Notable Speakers where to speak at any ATS Meetings, the ( News Media ) would Possibly pick up the News Story, and Mention it on the News ! Who Knows ? I'm just mentioning all of this to give some examples of what ATS Members might expect.

Of course. any ATS Members Meeting does not have to be any Big Event with Guest Speakers etc. That is just a possibility that is out there that I wanted to mention, because it Really is Possible !

The Possibilities are Endless to say the least, and I hope many ATS Members and Mods will like this idea too!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I really like the idea of a convention type thing to meet fellow ATSers I'm in northwest ga. about an hr or so outside Atlanta, but I might be willing to travel for something like this it sounds fun!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Could be good.... you never know who we may be outside of ATS!

I'm in London!

Message me in private those who are in or around London and lets see.... although i'm not sure about the convention thing... rather just meet one or two people and go from there......

In fact... I have thought that I may actually meet a nice Lady from this site but they all seemed to be in the USA!

edit on 15-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I've often thought about how interesting it would be to meet like-minded people as a lot of the topics covered on here can be social killers, I now avoid some of the subjects I'm most passionate about in any kind of social situation (especially dates) as most people just don't get it. A decent size meeting mostly for safety's sake would be I think really interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join