It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting people from ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In my short time of mainly lurking the boards, I have found many likeminded people that tend to have a similar outlook to myself. Even more than my friends and family in the real world. Sometimes I talk about these conspiracies and they look at me as if I am crazy.
Ive often thought It Would be cool to meet some of these likeminded people in the flesh.
Obviously people are based all around the world but maybe if there were ATS evenings in some of the major cities, where we could meet up and get to know each other, or maybe a few of us who would be interested could organise one in our local area?
How does that sound to other users? Would you be interested in an event like this?
Also have any of you met other ATSers before? How did that go?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

i would!

i've met people from other message boards...and no not craigslist (yet...at least
)...but i mean...the idea of a forum board, IMO, is to bring like minded people together. why not meet?

come to think of it..this is NO exaggeration...roughly half of my closest friends i either met online first and then met in real life or i've yet to meet them in real life but we're still super close.

you don't have to be physically near someone to be close to them! in fact....it seems meeting friends on the internet is actually a good idea (as long as you're careful). i mean....80% of the people in the world....don't give a flying EFF about conspiracy theories. so...where can we easily meet other conspiracy theorists?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Strangely enough I was wondering the same thing the other day, how can I meet people who won't think I'm nuts for talking about some of the content on ATS, it's a good idea.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I've met one person from ATS before - It went well I guess, I pretty much met my real life best friend.

I'd really love to meet other people from this site at some point in the future as well. It would be great to get to know some others face-to-face instead of merely through a computer monitor..
edit on 4-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I also get those looks from the so called "normal" people around me.

I;m on board.

For starters we have to know where to find each other(generally speaking) I'm in the mid-western United States, how about you guys?

link   

Sounds good, but I can guarantee you would be meeting Feds too. Something to think about.

link   
I have thought about this as well myself. Posted about it actually too.

ATS is such a wide and varied community, there is no doubt that someone here would be exactly like someone else and have so much in common. I remember a thread somewhere where someone posted that an ATS convention would be a cool thing. I agree!

Unfortunately though, many member here try to stay under the radar, and I mean WAY UNDER the radar and would protect themselves from such encounters.
But here' another vote for

ATS CONVENTION!

link   

edit on 4-1-2012 by youdidntseeme because: double post....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I'd probably end up meeting my evil doppelgänger, at least my first thread on ATS will be a belter.

edit on 4-1-2012 by lBLaCkOuTl because: Changed post to thread

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The ONLY reason I put my real location on my avatar is in the hopes that some other ATS member who lives nearby might like to get together with me sometime. I notice none of you who've posted have your location in your profile.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

The ONLY reason I put my real location on my avatar is in the hopes that some other ATS member who lives nearby might like to get together with me sometime. I notice none of you who've posted have your location in your profile.

Southern New Jersey, outside of Philly
likely to change within the next year.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It would be interesting to meet other people from this forum and talk about conspiracy's face to face.I know what you mean when you talk about it with other people they think you are a bit nuts or to negative or what ever else come in there mind

Never met anyone before from ATS.

I am all for it to have some sort of a ATS meeting in a certain area.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It might be an idea to meet (or even rent) in a public place like a bar or restaurant so that everyone feels at ease. I guess most members are US based so distance would probably be the biggest enemy. Tinfoil hat party at McDonalds, flashmob style?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

my location is on there.

honestly...same reason i have my location on mine.

and whoever said that about meeting someone and it being the feds..dude/dudette...THEY ALREADY KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE! they don't need a secret meeting to "abduct" you...they have S1867!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Distance is fatal for me, UK here buddy :/

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Anyone here from Colorado?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

cluckerspud had a bad experience

When ATS goes horribly wrong: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

cluckerspud had a bad experience

When ATS goes horribly wrong: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was that true though?

also never realised until now he got banned..?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Sorry. You have made a good point. I am in England just outside London (west) Anyone around this area?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lBLaCkOuTl

Yeah, I think that will be a problem for many. I don't know how many members ATS has but I would guess it's not hundreds of thousands worldwide yet so location will be the main problem I think. I'm in Holland and I have seen a few Dutch on here but probably not enough for a meeting.

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

It's good to remember how it can go wrong but the circumstances were different. Funny post though!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join