It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So uk people where is all the snow!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey i remember the papers and tv all declaring about the end of the summer that this winter will be one of the worst on record for snow, and we can excpect snow early as october.

Im in the midlands and we have had no snow whatsoever.

Now whilst im sure there probably has been some snow in scotland like there always is,
where is all this snow we were supposed to get

Its already january

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I live in the U.S, and ive' noticed as well that it is unseasonably warm

What really interests me, is how you could possibly be worrying about the weather right now when you supposedly just ran over your neighbors dog not even twenty minutes ago.
edit on 4-1-2012 by pocketsando because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
it sleeted here in stoke for a short while earlier but since then sweet fanny adams but for some rain in which i enjoyed kicking the cats out into so they wont annoy me later in bed

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We had very wet snow here in the south east back in December.
It didn't even last long as it turned to rain.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

This is why you never, ever, take any notice of such ridiculous tabloid headlines - it was a completely made up story and much derided at the time by those in the know

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary
Hey i remember the papers and tv all declaring about the end of the summer that this winter will be one of the worst on record for snow, and we can excpect snow early as october.

Im in the midlands and we have had no snow whatsoever.

Now whilst im sure there probably has been some snow in scotland like there always is,
where is all this snow we were supposed to get

Its already january

wait a minute.A few minutes ago you were posting how you just ran over your neighbours dog asking on ats what to do about it on wether you should shoot the dog or burry him (which in itself was also odd) and now a few minutes later your sitting there posting about the weather!.

I already thought it was a bit odd you managed to boot up your computer and log on to ats asking what to do about the situation.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Lots of time on your boat at night for being a mod. In the midlands.

No second line needed.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I live in east Canada (Quebec) and no snow either.In fact,kids are going to school with thier running shoes

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The weather here in Germany is weird too. Sunday it was 11° C, that's far from normal. Since then, the weather resembled more the April weather, warm, sunny but constantly changing between sunshine, clouds and some heavy storms
We had 3 days with snow in december.

I remember the news that this winter was once suspected to be really bad, even worse than the 2010 (when it was really freezing and got heavy snowfall for over a month) but this time....i'm wearing a T-Shirt and have a window open

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
First it was going to be the coldest winter ever, probably they going to predict next week that there is coming a extremely hot summer, there is always something about the weather.

I don't complain enjoy this weather as much as the summer so for me it does not make a difference.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSimon
I live in east Canada (Quebec) and no snow either.In fact,kids are going to school with thier running shoes

I keep hearing no one has any snow.

I have some!! Upper/middle eastern Saskatchewan.
About a foot this year, which is way down from previous years.

It's a rare sight this year apparently, I've had snow since November.
Other years, we start getting our snow late September or October.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

That's exactly what i was saying, there's something not right about this person.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i'm not anywhere near the UK and we don't usually get snow around here HOWEVER after our insanely hot summer (60 something days over 100F) our "winter" has been whacky. we should at least be wearing coats in january but nope. it'll be 70F on friday. it's gotten down to freezing twice but then keeps warming back up. i have more green grass in my yard right now than i have in the past 8 months.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Seems strange someone from the UK referring to the British as UK people.. Would be like saying U.S people instead of American.

Anyway that's not the point, your right it has been a real mild winter here in the South East England, no snow, not even any frost, Haven't had to scrape the car windows since last year.
Either that will be it now.. or were in for a hell of a February, March and April

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My god haven't you heard about global warming!! They will tell you that we will experience warmer winters so thats that. Oops sorry they said the winter was going to be severe because of global warming . Take it all with a pinch of salt this is what the weather is all about ie changable all the time. Sometimes cold winters, sometime warm winters.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm in the midlands too, A small town 40minutes out of Nottingham. Might not be any snow but it's damn cold

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Don't know. But from my memory, if I recall correctly the last few years, January and February felt like the coldest time to me. So it's not over yet.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Would you be in the Ashfield area I wonder? If you are, we might be neighbours lol.

And yes, ff-freeeeeezing, but without the frost.

Roll on summer I say.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pocketsando
reply to post by Rafe_

That's exactly what i was saying, there's something not right about this person.

Yes i see now.Im sorry i did not notice it is just that i saw this person posting this thread and topic and i responded without reading other posts.I am quite curious on what he has to say about this.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

sutton-in-ashfield is about 5mins away.

2nd.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join