It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran : military ships will need our approval to cross the strait of hormuz

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Controlling the Persian gulf is the duty of six gulf regions including Iran ...and if they decide to do whatever it is they want to do they will do it regardless...........unless of course they blow it up or something, then they have to confront the mighty power of the green peace.............

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

you've got 2 huge military powers hell bent on bombing you, justified or not. They are currently placing ships all over the region and running drills and exercises, while the whole time in the media, beating the war drums louder and louder.

doesn't it seem like a logical step for Iran to protect itself?

Well that's exactly why you do not provoke them. Iran will get destroyed and millions will die if they give the slightest reason to the warmongers to attack Iran.

The US government and Israel haven't attacked Iran yet because they know the people will not buy it. They want Iran to attack first. That's why they are pushing sanctions and doing black ops in Iran.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So, next week this will become law (potentially).

After the previous statements from 2 iranian generals, i belive that Iran is working hand-in-hand with US in order to be destroyed (like suicide by cop).

I mean, seriously...everyone knows now that Iran navy WILL attack US military vessels that passes the Strait of oman w/o their permission AND in coordination with their navy.

What exactly stops US to hit one of their own vessels and blame Iran? Maybe without those statements people won't believe it and call it a false flag...BUT after the generals warnings and next week potential aproval in their parliament...everyone will believe US was indeed attacked by Iran.

There are only 2 possible outcomes :

1.Iran have the backing of China and Russia
2.Iran is suicidal.

I think first is more probable, which means China and Russia are READY to have a go at US and West.
If ones look at how bad is the situation in US and EU, economicaly...its a no brainer that a 200% spike in oil prices (due to war or conflictual situation in Gulf) will do the job.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Recollector because: ad

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How would you feel if British or French warships patrolled up and down the east coast of the USA, restricted which ships could and could not enter New York ?

You wouldn't like it.

I doubt you'd like the Chinese Navy doing the same off San Francisco either.

So why do you think the Iranians would feel any different ? US warships are thousands of miles from their own coasts ... go back home, USA, go home. You're not wanted.

'

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Let me offer some alternate scenarios.....
Iran has enough enriched materials , or they have purchased used/pre owned atomic weaponry fom some
renegade russian muslims in one of the Stan" countries or Chechnaya,...........
Iran places same on the sea bottom of the straights.....
Whenever the situation requires they ignite the bomb leaving the US fleet to ride out the resulting tsunami and fallout storm, not to mention the blast effects.....
A nuclear weapon set off underwater in the straights would wash the fleet into the desert maybe??
One set off above the ships would destroy a good many of them.....without specific targeting....
A simple suitcase nuke(of which there have been many rumours....who knows?)
set off as payload for a vertical launch would EMP the area too....maybe they are shielded???anyone check?
I see all kinds of pitfalls which are not good for the impetuous.......
There is something possibly something sinister behind this new hard line posture.....
I am afraid the military is too arrogantly stupid to play chess with these guys......anything is possible from here on in.....
But dont write the Iranis off yet.....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Now that the Iraq war is over and US troops are .ing home, there is no need for the US Navy to be in the Arabian Gulf anymore. They weren't there before the first Gulf War.
It is time for the USA to stop being the world's policeman anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Yeah but that's not the same thing. the US can fight China, Iran cannot fight the US.

If the US had basically no navy and no nukes and China had troops in Canada and Mexico, that for years they said they would attack the US, and that their navy would go up and down the east and west coast, what would you want the government do? Sink Chinese ships that would result in the invasion and bombardment of the US, killing millions of Americans?

Bottom line, would you be willing to die and see your family die to stop the humiliations and sanctions? I don't think so. Well this is what Iran faces.

There two choices for Iran :
- lay low and take everything the US and Israel throws at you till either you get nukes or the US economy collapses or a sane president goes into the White House or China/Russia openly say they will protect you
- or at some point fight back and get destroyed, million of Iranians die.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Now that the Iraq war is over and US troops are .ing home, there is no need for the US Navy to be in the Arabian Gulf anymore. They weren't there before the first Gulf War.

Really? I was deployed there in the early 1980's. The US has had a naval presence in the Gulf since the 1940's. Before you tell the US Navy to "Go home.", how about considering that the US has been invited there. Ask Kuwait, Qatar, and the UAE if they want the US to leave.

Right now I wish that we hadn't retired the battleships. I'd love to see what Iran would do if the USS New Jersey went steaming through the Straights.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well, put it into perspective.

you've got 2 huge military powers hell bent on bombing you, justified or not. They are currently placing ships all over the region and running drills and exercises, while the whole time in the media, beating the war drums louder and louder.

doesn't it seem like a logical step for Iran to protect itself?

I mean, I get it, they are brown and they aren't the US so screw them right? but honestly, in their position, what would you be doing?

Ridiculous is something we both agree on, but I see it on both sides

Um, yeah. Persians are caucasian. The rest of your message is just as ignorant.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? I know this site is running rampant with kids so maybe you havent gotten to take world history yet in school but there was life before Persion Gul War 1. The US has had a naval presence in that region of the world for decades!!!

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If Israel gets to inspect ships in international waters before getting to Gaza, Iran can inspect ships in international waters that it deems a threat to its existence.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Anybody know how often the USS John Stennis transits though the straight?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
If Israel gets to inspect ships in international waters before getting to Gaza, Iran can inspect ships in international waters that it deems a threat to its existence.

What Israel does in its waters and ports is the biz of Israel, so is if any ships sails into waters of China, Russia, USA, UK, etc waters and ports.

It's a different matter when ships sailing through those international straits and NOT EVEN into Iranian ports is absolutely another different and far more dangerous issue if not a long honored international right of passage.

May Iran and its supporters be wise. Be part of the solution for world peace. And NOT be part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

My brother was on the USS Ranger in the early 80's in the gulf when Iran started to fire silkworm (I think they were silkworm) missiles at our boats and mines in the gulf.

The first gulf war wasn't until 1990 I think, or was it 91?
I can't remember, I just remember that it was on my birthday, the 15th of Jan, either 90 or 91..

edit on 4-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I am not sure they are putting themselves in a corner, this has already been done by the US and the new sanctions.

Iran has no choice, they have shown massive restraint, they are being forced into this position. Whats more, we have no real idea what Iran can and cannot do militarily, I guess we will find out soon though. Iran wouldn't take this stand unless they had an ace or two up thier sleeves. It could be that they know America would be a sitting duck in the strait of hormuz or indeed that small area of sea.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Iran has no choice, they have shown massive restraint, they are being forced into this position. Whats more, we have no real idea what Iran can and cannot do militarily, I guess we will find out soon though. Iran wouldn't take this stand unless they had an ace or two up thier sleeves. It could be that they know America would be a sitting duck in the strait of hormuz or indeed that small area of sea.

Who is forcing Iran to do anything? Sure as hell, nobody is forcing them to supply weapons to the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Iran is like your aunt's small dog that she brings to the family gatherings. You know the little furball that jumps in eveybody's lap, nips at their heels and barks at everything. You know as well as I do, sooner or later that dog is going to get kicked.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
If this is how those persian leaders with rags on their .s wish to play it, then it will be upon their .s....
The Persian leaders will be held for the deaths of millions for war declared by these few animals with rags on their .s.

You're not very nice.
It's not an eye for an eye thing (they do bad things so that justifies us to do bad things too), but what you have written (quoted above) is bordering on hate speech and is not at all enlightened or appropriate for someone with the online handle of 'SeekerofTruth.
What a shame humanity is, a goddamned shame and embarrassment.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Iran is like your aunt's small dog that she brings to the family gatherings. You know the little furball that jumps in eveybody's lap, nips at their heels and barks at everything. You know as well as I do, sooner or later that dog is going to get kicked.

....and there we have it. Our attitude towards animals mirrors our attitude towards people and you've just shown that you are an abuser, potentially and probably in reality.

Warmongers, soldiers and the Armed forces make me sick to my stomach. They're so unevolved, so full of bravado and misplaced righteousness and so damned 20th Century.

We've (Humanity) have dug ourselves a huge hole, and need some fresh thinking and a whole lot of positivity to get us out of it.

...but wait, I hear you say: there are bad people, people who wish to do bad things to us. We need to take them out before they take us out. blah blah blah.

It's a bloody broken record, it only plays one track and can't move onto the next track: the path of peace, forgiveness and fellowship. Yes, it will take time to play through, but surely it's better than bloodletting and rah rah hoo rah yessir bang bang bang?

edit on 4-1-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's Iran's water and even if it was international, why did the US blockade Cuba? That was international waters too.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Oh boy... putting themselves in a corner yet again... ridiculous.

They were put in the corner, don't mistake it or fall for the propaganda. They are acting stupid now, but, they were forced into their current position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join