It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop got caught planting evidence. (DEBUNKED, case of sensationalism)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
hi ATS.

i´d like to know what you think of this one..!

Here's a video of two Utica, N.Y. police officers searching a car during a traffic stop. At 1:02, one officer pulls a small baggie of something out of his pocket and ducks into the car; at 1:31, he emerges again, holding the same baggie. Oops!

The video was obtained by the Utica Phoenix, which goes to great lengths to avoid specifically accusing the officers of evidence-planting. We understand! The cops are only "apparently" planting evidence: it's also possible that they just completely and egregiously mishandled the evidence they found. Utica cops also "apparently" really good at finding drugs on the property of black residents:

what does ´apparently´ planting evidence even mean..

It is said that this video has been widely distributed through the Black community, being shown in barbershops, and other public places. Its viewing has fueled the renewal of complaints long charged against the Utica Police of the planting of evidence and other abuses by the local force.

A recent Phoenix interview of a Black female resident of Utica charges that police kicked in the front door of her home without a warrant. Inside, the woman's 83 year old handicapped mother was subject to police swarming through her house while they, ‘waited for a warrant.'

The dog was taken throughout the house and found no drugs. The dog was verbally abused, cursed and yanked around, finally to be returned to the car. Police continued their search and somehow, achieved what the trained nose of the police dog could not do. The officers ‘found' drugs.

According to the Phoenix, UPD has an "ongoing internal affairs investigation" into the incident, and apparently the video has been sent to the FBI "for review."

these officers either deserve a pat on the back for being excellent sniffers or they deserve to go be behind bars.
in my opinion a pretty clear cut case.

but what do you think ATS!?

Video

FULL VID

ETA:
combine the above vid with this confession from an ex-nypd cop and the idea of framing people isn't that farfetched.
it maybe even more widespreak then we think.
we all know imprisoning people is industry.
it's a scary thought.

NY cop admits to framing people on bogus charges and teaches younger cops to do the same

KUDOS to Vitchillo for that thread.

edit on 4-1-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I think it's entirely possible they'll be suspended - either with or without pay - and then put back on patrol.

They may even receive an award of some sort?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Saw that the other day. A few things you forgot to quote is that the police said the officer found that baggy on the suspect, which I guess happened off camera or before the video starts as the video I saw starts with the suspect already in cuffs.

The edited video sure looks like he's planting evidence, but of course you can't really say for sure either way.

Before I read the article I watched the video and said, wow, that's totally planting evidence. After I read the article and watched it again, I still think it's planting evidence.

Just the way the officer pulls it out of his pocket ducks into the car, obviously opens the bag as it was rolled up when he pulled it out, and walks around the back of the vehicle holding the bag out like "looky what I done found"

Very fishy, and I should know, my name IS Phishy

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
whoa! That is pretty nuts!

Not surprising though.

I would say the cop is guilty, but will probably never be convicted.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So the cops possessed illegal drugs. How did they obtain them? Looted the evidence room?

Also why would they do that?

Plain old racism on their part? Plain old racism on the department level, coupled with the need to get results ("Successfull car searches). Whats the point of all that?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
dear god people watch the full video before condemning people to guilt....
Full Dashcam Video

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The full video shows the drugs were taken from the suspects pockets, only the portion showing the cop placing the drugs in the vehicle (laid out for evidence) was being twisted into a "cop planting evidence" video;

VIDEO:FULL DASHCAM VIDEO OF 2/11/11 Utica Police traffic stop (from WKTV.com)

Click the video for the full, roughly 30 minute dashcam video from Utica Police of a traffic stop on Oneida Street and Clinton Place in the City of Utica on on February 11, 2011.

A roughly 1 minute, 40 second portion of the video was distributed by the Utica Phoenix newspaper on their website, and quickly made its way through social media, alleging the planting of drugs by Utica Police.

Authorities say they believe viewing the full video shows what happened prior to the clip that has made its way around the internet, including what they say is the officers pulling those drugs from the vehicle's occupants before going back to the car.

So PLEASE ATS, take the time to view the link above to view the FULL video before you react!
edit on 4-1-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You mean to tell me that this actually goes on outside of NYC as well ?

Gee....I am really astounded !

But in all seriousness, in looking at this type of behavior by the LEO as well as the inordinately high percentages of minorities in the prison system on drug offenses....do you just think that their might just exist a connection here ?

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The full video shows the drugs were taken from the suspects pockets, only the portion showing the cop placing the drugs in the vehicle (laid out for evidence) was being twisted into a "cop planting evidence" video;

VIDEO:FULL DASHCAM VIDEO OF 2/11/11 Utica Police traffic stop (from WKTV.com)

Click the video for the full, roughly 30 minute dashcam video from Utica Police of a traffic stop on Oneida Street and Clinton Place in the City of Utica on on February 11, 2011.

A roughly 1 minute, 40 second portion of the video was distributed by the Utica Phoenix newspaper on their website, and quickly made its way through social media, alleging the planting of drugs by Utica Police.

Authorities say they believe viewing the full video shows what happened prior to the clip that has made its way around the internet, including what they say is the officers pulling those drugs from the vehicle's occupants before going back to the car.

So PLEASE ATS, take the time to view the link above to view the FULL video before you react!
edit on 4-1-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

ppffff thank god

kudos for finding the link.

i admit i reacted to fast and got excited but maybe it´s best this vid isn´t what it was portrayed to be.

MSM

all for the viewers i guess.

starred mate

ETA:

i edited my thread title so everyone could see.
as another poster pointed out, some members only read the OP.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Kudos my friend for sharing the whole story. I came across this recently and was waiting to see it on ATS, and alas this morning here it is,

Along with the whole story.

Unfortunately though, too many member will read just the title and the OP and never see your post.

Sure there are crooked cops out there, I knew a few once, but there are also upstanding police officers who do their jobs the right way for the right reasons. I hope the membership here takes the time to review all of the evidence before chiming in and beginning the anti-leo tirades.

Star for you, wish I could award more.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

Why couldn't I find that video this morning? Oh well, like I said, if you read the full article they clearly state that they found a small bag of pot and coc aine residue on the suspect which the cop put into his pocket.

It's very suspicious but only because of the way the video was edited.

I still think they cop with the baggy seems to be acting weird, but again, I'm not a cop and no one (to my knowledge) is going to take a shot at me.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

The only reason I had that link so handy was that I was going to post this story late last night, luckily I stumbled across the news article the showed the full video. I'm all for vigilance against police abuses but there's no call for utube hoaxers purposely excerpting portions of a video to falsely accuse them - it only waters down and trivializes the real instances of police abuse.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I still think they cop with the baggy seems to be acting weird, but again, I'm not a cop and no one (to my knowledge) is going to take a shot at me.

i agree with you here.

he shouldn't have handled the evidence in this manner.

imho that is.

i don't know what police protocol is.

but the vid clearly shows him getting the baggy from the suspect.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am a person who really has experienced evidence being planted in order to obtain a conviction..yes, to feed the illegal private jail system, this one being in Virginia. I can attest that it really does happen and it is probably the most frustrating experience a person can have...to watch an engineering degree and a successful carreer being flushed down the toilet in order to enrich corrupt judges, prosecutors, cops and businesspeople. To sit in a courtroom and hear a judge rule in favor of the police when their own VIDEO evidence proved that they manufactured evidence. It was maddening. 7 years later it still eats me EVERY SINGLE DAY. Someday I will get my revenge. I wait patiently for the opportunity.

(So, sometimes in my messages when I sound bitter and angry, now you know why.)

Anyway, yes, evidence planting does happen every day, in every community in our police state.

But, this is not one of them. just watch the whole video. It harms the credibility of people such as myself when these types of obvious BS claims are made.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Dont let these guys off the hook so fast!
The video may infact not show planted evidence but the story of the Dog in the house still stands. This department seems to have some issues that need to be investigated.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Dont let these guys off the hook so fast!
The video may infact not show planted evidence but the story of the Dog in the house still stands. This department seems to have some issues that need to be investigated.

well that may very well be.

but the allegation i made in the thread title has been debunked.

i´m in no way saying they´re angels.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
i´m in no way saying they´re angels.

True, cops are thugs in blue and Angels are imaginary. I'd take angels EVERY day of the week.

Derek

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

There's an awful lot of media attention on this just to be sensationalism. Radio, evening news, internet. Looks credible to me. This woman life has literally been destroyed. It merits an investigation and accountability.
Observer Dispatch
www.cnycentral.com...
wibx950.com...
uticaphoenix.net...

edit on 10-1-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join