It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TruTV's "BaitCar"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Each one baits the other....then arrests them for taking the bait. Same thing. Many politicians have been set up over the years...they went for it...and were arrested.

John De Lorean (the car inventor for the Back to the Future movie car) needed money for his car company. He was offered drugs to sell to get money by a set up. He went for it...and was arrested. He was "baited".

Same thing. (and it was the cops who put it on the table in front of him...and he grabbed it.

edit on 5-1-2012 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OWSisdead

Originally posted by HandyDandy
Questions:

Is finding and picking up a $20 bill on the street that isn't yours illegal?

Then why is finding a car?

The value?

Because a $20.00 bill doesnt have a registration or a license plate a car does. With thoughts like yours I think you are part of generation zero.

A $20 bill has an identification number. No difference, the bill didn't belong to you therefore it is stealing. Thing is someone other than a poor, minority might pick it up, and that would be bad for business.

Arresting people and throwing them is jail is not going to prevent these types of crimes. When you live in the getto, have poor schools, a family that can't even feed you, what do you expect.. Flood their streets with guns, drugs, alcohol and lower the funding for eduction that is going to be the result, by design... Give these areas better schools, better parenting, and a fair chance and see what happens..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Originally posted by OWSisdead

Originally posted by HandyDandy
Questions:

Is finding and picking up a $20 bill on the street that isn't yours illegal?

Then why is finding a car?

The value?

Because a $20.00 bill doesnt have a registration or a license plate a car does. With thoughts like yours I think you are part of generation zero.

A $20 bill has an identification number. No difference, the bill didn't belong to you therefore it is stealing. Thing is someone other than a poor, minority might pick it up, and that would be bad for business.

Arresting people and throwing them is jail is not going to prevent these types of crimes. When you live in the getto, have poor schools, a family that can't even feed you, what do you expect.. Flood their streets with guns, drugs, alcohol and lower the funding for eduction that is going to be the result, by design... Give these areas better schools, better parenting, and a fair chance and see what happens..

I have lived in very poor neighborhoods for most of my life. They are not all out stealing and commuting crimes. Most are honest and hard working.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

if you actually bothered read the quote from the member i was replying to , it would assist you in writing a coherent response

now how is " joyriding " going to stave off impending bankrupcy or pay a childs medical bill ??????????

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
I have lived in very poor neighborhoods for most of my life. They are not all out stealing and commuting crimes. Most are honest and hard working.

Did I say they are all committing crimes? I think you missed my point. I was talking about high crime areas such as where they release the bait car. What I am saying is that a lot of these so called criminals have not been given a fair chance and are more likely to turn to crime, as opposed to someone with good parenting, who grows up in a decent neighborhood, with good schools, and less access to guns, drugs, alcohol, and other similar stuff. Simply put the environment that surrounds you can influence you to a high degree.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The show can only be a good thing, like the other bait shows...it makes thief's and predators think twice about committing a criminal act.

Because end of the day, a thief is a thief, a killer is a killer, and a cheater is a cheater, like a good man is a good man, and a idiot is a idiot....and the bait car takes idiot thief's of the street, that's a plus surely.

Just because someone not looking, it don't make it ok to take stuff that don't belong to them, no matter how hard times are.

If you take something of mine without asking, i don't care how hard up you are, your getting punish...its what i teach my kids.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Here is what you said:

When you live in the getto, have poor schools, a family that can't even feed you, what do you expect..

That to me is the implication to expect people who are disadvantaged to resort to crime or do resort to crime instead of working honestly to better their situation.

Not to mention that you have no idea where this "bait" car was located.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
does it just put more minorities in jail.

That is exactly what it does.

And the minorities it puts in jail are scum of the earth car thiefs, no one else.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
In my opinion things like this are the job of police. Protecting property is part of the job. Car theft is a huge business in the US. Anyone with any automotive knowledge knows a car is worth much much more money sold in parts than it is as a whole.

So if you want to catch car thieves, you dont go to the area of town with the least car theft. You go to the area with the highest. No one is holding a gun to these people's heads and forcing them to steal the car. Bait car is even pretty safe. There is no chance that they can take off and take police on a high speed chase and endanger others. Programs such as this, is one of the few things Police do that I can support.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

You're an ass. i don't care if i get banned for saying that.Not everything is a #in conspiracy.Yet another douchebag defending criminals and #ting on the police.Get a #ing clue you moron.

Just another doucebag defending the indefensible actions of police with absolutely no regrad for the overall effect on society.

Sorry, but you are an idiot with the world outlook of a 2 year old. The reasons why yoiu are wrong have already been spelled out multiple times in this thread. Oh, I think it's time for school, you better run along now. The adults will now continue the conversation.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
The show can only be a good thing, like the other bait shows...it makes thief's and predators think twice about committing a criminal act.

Because end of the day, a thief is a thief, a killer is a killer, and a cheater is a cheater, like a good man is a good man, and a idiot is a idiot....and the bait car takes idiot thief's of the street, that's a plus surely.

Just because someone not looking, it don't make it ok to take stuff that don't belong to them, no matter how hard times are.

If you take something of mine without asking, i don't care how hard up you are, your getting punish...its what i teach my kids.

OK, so, by your reasoning we should go ahead and publicly stone people to death for any infraction of the law, correct? I mean, hey, it would tend to deter crime, right?

Why is it so hard for you people to understand that there are very, very good reasons why there are supposed to be rules that the police follow? It just blows my mind that there are really people who think that catching criminals at all costs is all that matters.

Y'all are clueless and the responses here prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that propaganda works on the weak-minded. You think you are giving intelligent, thoughtful responses, when you actually sound like a mouthpiece for the illegal private jail system. Lock 'em up baby! To hell with the consequences to society!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'd like to know if they have meet any honest people by this approach.

I'm not sure what i would do if i found a set of keys sitting on a parked car.
my few options would be pick up the keys and hand them in to closest shop, if it was a shopping center car park id call their security firm.
If there was no possible way of doing that , i would call the police to see what i should do.
do you take the keys and leave a note for the driver?

see its so confusing, anyway i hope if they do get honest people they at least praise them for their actions.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That is Funny and Entertaining to watch and Laugh when the Car Shuts Down BUT to me it's PURE Entrapment I can't see it any other way and here are MORE "BAIT CAR" Videos for your Entertainment...

www.google.com... 6m4HoHx0gH79uWMBw

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Not the bait car specifically, because honestly if you jump into a parked car that is not yours and drive away then you are stealing, but entrapment in general seems to be happening more and more often. Some of those so called terrorists, drug dealers, etc are being set up over a period of months before getting arrested and thrown in jail. Yes we should all be personally responsible for our actions and once you agree to commit a crime then yeah you're pretty much guilty, but I think many of these people may not necessarily commit those crimes if the opportunity wasn't thrown in their face and if their situation was different.

I personally feel that our police waste too much resources going after trivial crimes and making them into bigger deals that they are. I'd love to see more regular patrolling of high crime areas, and bigger police presence in areas where they know there is a problem.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'd love to see more regular patrolling of high crime areas, and bigger police presence in areas where they know there is a problem.

But that would deter crime not create it. The private prison complex needs bodies to operate.

edit on 5-1-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

That's probably THE STUPIDEST analogy I've seen on ATS for a long, long time!
Dude, I realize you're probably desperate to get people to believe as you do, that car theft isn't a problem... But it is.

If you find a 20 dollar bill on the street, chances are you didn't see who dropped it. But if you did, and didn't return it, your morals are equally as bad as these thief's. Unlike a car, especially in the situation the video presented us with. Here, we saw two men SEE the owners of the car leave in a hurry with the keys on top of the car.

And let me ask you this, since you asked about the value... Go steal a postcard with a Picasso painting on it and then go steal an actual Picasso painting. Now which one do you think you'll get the most time for. I realize we all have our "hurr durr" moments, but your remarks took the cake.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

I wasn't trying to get people to believe car theft wasn't a problem....herr derr yourself.

What I and many like me are trying to tell you stupid people is that this type of police work is entrapment. No matter what the outcome is.

Let's see.

The police spend money on a vehicle to "bait". They spend man hours to "watch" said vehicle. They spend lots of money to catch a "criminal" to be placed in the judiciary system.......I.E. more money for THEMSELVES.

What everyone is saying about the reason being to stop car thiefs is utter BS IMO. If they wanted to stop car thiefs in an area, they could spend a HELL of a lot less time and money just patrolling the area. But that doesn't bring in revenue for either the police department nor the judicial department, the private prison complex, etc.

My argument is not to coddle to these car thiefs (I myself think they are despicable).

But, I WILL NOT condone the police becoming criminals themselves to catch a criminal.

Get it yet harr dee harr harr.......?

edit on 5-1-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I know and Agree Stealing is Stealing and that is the bottom line. If it's NOT your Car it's NOT your Car...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

"In criminal law, entrapment is conduct by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit."

en.wikipedia.org...

It would be entrapment if the person committing the crime was coerced or told, in some way, to commit a specific crime. Personally, I would have to see what the outcome of these "sting" operaitons are. Do the perpetrators get the same judgment as someone who breaks into a car? I think that of someone leves their keys and another takes the vehicle the penalties are similar.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
I would have to see what the outcome of these "sting" operaitons are. Do the perpetrators get the same judgment as someone who breaks into a car?

It has been posted that they get LONGER sentences. Which equates to MORE money in their own pockets.

Which also equates to conspiracy to entrap IMO since those who are "baiting" are the ones recieving the money.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join