It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE! Michele Bachmann news conference (campaign suspended - she's out!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I wonder if her voters will switch to Santorum. They have a lot of similar ideas in some respects, and seem to have the strongest appeal with evangelicals. That won't help him a bit in New Hampshire, but I do wonder about Georgia.

That's exactly what I predicted to my husband. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all of her supporters switch to Santorum. I don't think Romney will get them, and definitely not Paul.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You know , it's been done before. A sitting dem president just declared he would focus
on running the nation and then just let another candidate run as the Dem candidate.

They were talking about it on the Sunday shows.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by Byrd
I wonder if her voters will switch to Santorum. They have a lot of similar ideas in some respects, and seem to have the strongest appeal with evangelicals. That won't help him a bit in New Hampshire, but I do wonder about Georgia.

That's exactly what I predicted to my husband. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all of her supporters switch to Santorum. I don't think Romney will get them, and definitely not Paul.

Ron Paul dropped out in the last race. He will do it again.

BTW, Mitt Romney also dropped out in other races. Hmmm....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by samcrow

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by samcrow

Keep watching for Hillary.

Obama is toast. Hillary however, is polling much better.

She is even beating Mitt Romney. Hmmmm.........

You think she'll run? I don't.

Well, it's too late for her to throw in now unless she goes third party or unless there's a REALLY big shake-up in the Democratic primary circle. It would've happened already if it were going to happen. She's either an ace-in-the-hole VP nominee or she's really bowing out and will bide her time until 2016.

No, they will just write her name in.
An army of dem lawyers will run around and make it possible in all 50 states.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I don't think so. The Clinton machine isn't about to be reduced to a last-ditch write-in effort. They'll steamroll the process or nothing.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by samcrow
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I don't think so. The Clinton machine isn't about to be reduced to a last-ditch write-in effort. They'll steamroll the process or nothing.

We should know more by the end of January 2012.

The elitists in Washington DC already know the big picture.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I dont blame her, it costs alot of money to start a campaign and her campaign is well... pointless.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I would hope her supporters go over to Ron Paul obviously, and that might be true for many of them because she's a self proclaimed Tea Partier, and Ron Paul shares many of the same views as the Tea Party. If she would officially endorse Ron Paul as president, he would gain that 6-8% of voters over to his team.

But then again there's her war mongering, "Iran is evil" side, that's completely antithetical to Ron Pauls views. So maybe her supporters will dissipate evenly among the other candidates. We'll see how things play out.

Regardless of where her supporters go, I immediately thought of one thing when I heard she dropped out: That's one less person up on stage, and one less person to take up debate time, meaning Ron Paul will be given slightly more time to explain his platform. It's a little thing, but it's something.
edit on 4-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I would hope her supporters go over to Ron Paul obviously, and that might be true for many of them because she's a self proclaimed Tea Partier, and Ron Paul shares many of the same views as the Tea Party. If she would officially endorse Ron Paul as president, he would gain that 6-8% of voters over to his team.

But then again there's her war mongering, "Iran is evil" side, that's completely antithetical to Ron Pauls views. So maybe her supporters will dissipate evenly among the other candidates. We'll see how things play out.

Regardless of where her supporters go, I immediately thought of one thing when I heard she dropped out: That's one less person up on stage, and one less person to take up debate time, meaning Ron Paul will be given slightly more time to explain his platform. It's a little thing, but it's something.
edit on 4-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

It's not just Michelle Bachmann going after Iran. It's the whole world imposing sanctions
and eventually solving this very serious problem Iran.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join