It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic 'Honor Violence' Rising in the West: Warning contains disturbing scenes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here is an article and video about the rise of Islamic honor violence against women. Once this was contained to the Middle East but now it’s spreading to the west.

3,000 honor attacks were committed in Britain last year alone.

These are scary facts, and it amazes me how this behavior is still tolerated in Islam.
Islam is the only religion left that breeds this kind of behavior, and people should start asking themselves why...

www.cbn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
honor killing is un islamic , and Islam does not tolerate it.

just for your information , no where in sharia that says it is allowed or tolerated .

and before you or the others ask me , then how is this done by muslims ? the answer is that it is done by individuals that know nothing about sharia law .

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Another excellent example why religion is an abomination to mankind.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Forgive me for being the Non-P.C. boob in the room to say this...but Murder is Murder is Murder. Isn't simply calling this Honor Killing giving the murdering scumbags a level of legitimacy in their motivations right at the start beyond what they deserve?

Every Murderer has a reason and every sick killer, a motive. I mean, no one believes murder 'just happens' right? So..Why should we care any more about the motive of THESE murders than any other? Perhaps if the cultural justifications weren't even taken into account in a passing way, those committing these would pause a moment..in knowing they can't even raise the idea as a try at a defense..and Multiple Murder is a capital crime in our nation.

Of course...we can also just ship them back to their own nation... I hear Saudi Arabia and Iran have real creative ways of dealing with killers...and we could surely add enough Western elements in their files to ensure they got no warm welcome back home. Just a real unhappy bunch of people holding stones...a 3 foot hole needing someone to stand in it..and an audience to watch justice served.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

just for your information , no where in sharia that says it is allowed or tolerated .

and before you or the others ask me , then how is this done by muslims ? the answer is that it is done by individuals that know nothing about sharia law .

Opression against women is a main pillar of Islam, the Quran and Sharia Law. There are dozens of web sites dedicated to raising awareness about this very serious issue. Here is just one:

Violence Against Women

While domestic violence against women is a serious problem all around the world, none are more vulnerable than the women of Islam. Islamic societies, more often than not, simply refuse to acknowledge such issues as problems. To them its simply the Islamic way of life. This is due to domestic violence against women being permitted under Islamic law. It is explicitly endorsed by the Qur'an itself. In a 2004 sermon broadcast on Qatar TV, a Muslim cleric had said the following:

"We must know that [wife] beating is a punishment in Islamic religious law,....No one should deny this because this was permitted by the Creator of Man, and because when you purchase an electric appliance or a car you get instructions – a catalogue, explaining how to use it. The Creator of Man has sent down this book [the Quran] in order to show man which ways he must choose....We shouldn't be ashamed before the nations of the world who are still in their days of ignorance, to admit that these [beatings] are part of our religious law,....We must remind the ignorant from among the Islamic Nation who followed the [West] that those [Westerners] acknowledge the wondrous nature of this verse,"

The verse being referred to is 4:34. According to this verse, a man may not only beat his wives for 'rebellion,' but also beat them simply for the fear of 'rebellion.' Whilst there are a few restrictions in regards to the practice of wife-beating (try to avoid the face, breaking bones, and do not sleep with them after beating them), they hardly offer comfort to a women who is abused with the blessings of her own god. The mere fact that the husband is allowed to physically abuse his wives (very often with impunity from the law) inevitably leads many to go beyond simply 'beating' them.

Wife beating has been an accepted part of Islam since its inception. In Aisha's own words "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!" The indifference to her words displayed by Muhammad proved its legitimacy within the laws of Islam. Muhammad declared "A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife." Moreover, he not only allowed Abu Bakr to beat his own child-bride Aisha, but he also beat her himself, and according to Aisha it was not something 'symbolic' or a 'gentle tap' on the body; it was painful.

The effects can be easily seen in the Islamic world. A 2009 survey carried out by the United Nations Development Fund for Women found that nearly 90% of Afghan women suffer from domestic abuse. According to the director of Women for Afghan Women (WAW) "Their mothers are beaten by their fathers. They're beaten by their fathers, by their brothers. It's a way of life." The Pakistan Medical Association found in a 2006 study, that 80% of Pakistani women reported being subjected to some kind of abuse within marriage, and the Progressive Women's Association (PWA) believe up to 4,000 Pakistani women are burnt each year by husbands or in-laws as 'punishment'. And also in 2006, the Refugee Workers Association Woman’s Group (GIK-DER) found that up to 80% of Turkish women were victims of domestic violence and sexual harassment in 'moderate' Turkey.

Source

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Your post, though very helpful, leaves me with some questions.

Could you tell me what the nations of islam do to stop such killings? Do they arrest Imams who present it as valid? Do they publicize throughout the world that honor killing is wrong and must be stopped? Do Muslims cooperate with law enforcement officials investigating these crimes? Are the Mosques not teaching what Sharia is? Have fatwas been issued by the highest authorities against honor killings?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

i agree. Where are all the muslim leaders? why are they not talking about this and trying to stop the same barbaric behavior in the middle east?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
i agree. Where are all the muslim leaders?

Right here:

Nothing within the Islamic faith condones the concept of so-called honour killings, Imam Sikander Hashmi told those gathered at the Kingston Islamic Centre to hear his sermon Friday.

The sermon comes as a Kingston couple and their son are on trial for the alleged honour killings of four female family members — the couple's three young daughters and the husband's first wife.

www.torontosun.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Great im glad you found one article from Canada. Meanwhile this behavior is widely tolerated in the Middle East.

Where are the thousands of Muslim leaders and politicians stopping this behavior?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

You asked a question, it was answered. With a link. Are you going to continue to castigate a people that you clearly don't understand? Why?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Which explains why none of those will outlaw it, even the most "modern" because they think it will increase promiscious behaviour.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Islamaphobia.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The "Kingston" family. Pah. They are rich Afghanis who killed the daughters who were worth keeping as Canadians, and instead we have to now deal with rest of their barbaric family. Ugh.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Islamaphobia.

Factophobia.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Factophobia.

You know, that's quite apt. Some have a problem with facts. Even when it slaps them in the face like a fish.

Monty Python reference.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The last thing anyone could call me is an Islamic apologist, but I think this may be a bit unfair.

Sure 'honour killing' is a despicable practice and is an all too common occurrence.
But it is hardly exclusive to Islam.
There have been many instances of Hindu and Buddhist families committing 'honour killings' and I understand that it is also a not uncommon practice in parts of China and even within some Animist societies in Africa.

All this seems to suggest it is a cultural practice.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
The last thing anyone could call me is an Islamic apologist, but I think this may be a bit unfair.

Sure 'honour killing' is a despicable practice and is an all too common occurrence.
But it is hardly exclusive to Islam.
There have been many instances of Hindu and Buddhist families committing 'honour killings' and I understand that it is also a not uncommon practice in parts of China and even within some Animist societies in Africa.

All this seems to suggest it is a cultural practice.

Indeed. It is. Hindus in some areas have the most atrocious rate of "kitchen fires."

Islam just happens to be the King amoungst them in the West right now.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I don't think that the one word "Islamophobia" is a useful contribution. But of course, that's just my initial reaction. Maybe others see it as a worthy addition to our thread. Rather than attempt to shut off the discussion, could you explain if you think honor killings are a bad thing? If they are, do you think the Islamic leadership is responsible for making them rare, criminal acts, punished throughout the world?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My. Word wont mater here. But this thred is chalked full of uneducated trash. Its a siple copy and paste thread desighned to get people going and spread hate. What you have faild to do here is educate your self about islam. But i am sure op even this x hick conservitive coboy convert to islams words wont matter to you savvy?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Islamaphobia?

These are facts. Thats aside of whats going on in the middle east.
in Iran its legal to stone a women to death. whats Islamaphobia about that?
edit on 4-1-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join