It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you were one of the first to meet an alien that made its existence publicly known. What would you say? What would you do? Start up a party and with a dj and everything? Make them feel welcome? Shoot them?

What would they say back? Would they speak English? Or would you have to find a way to communicate?

What do you think will happen?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthseeker45

I would ask it to download as much knowledge into my mind as I could take, hide it form the authorities and help it escape. Ask it if it could take me for a ride then tell it to be very wary of our kind.
As a species we are not kind, run little alien run.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, if it landed right here where I am, I'd take it to
downtown Amsterdam, party for a few days, give it a
tattoo of the Bulldog and teach it some Dutch.

After that, I dunno to be honest. Usualy I cannot
remember what I did when I went out to party so I will
probably go home alone

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul47

Or you could ask then for their version of a laptop with their complete history already installed on the hard drive in English and save your brain from turning to mush in your skull.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Awesome idea. Apart from the not remembering the experience. Why would you want to forget partying all night long with another intelligent life form

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthseeker45

Awesome idea. Apart from the not remembering the experience. Why would you want to forget partying all night long with another intelligent life form

Let me explain: it's not a matter of wanting to forget
the experience. It just uhm... happens

Now that I think about it, it would be scary, for me and the
alien if we woke up next to eachother... not remembering.

/shivers

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers

Originally posted by Truthseeker45

Let me explain: it's not a matter of wanting to forget
the experience. It just uhm... happens

Now that I think about it, it would be scary, for me and the
alien if we woke up next to eachother... not remembering.

/shivers

Brings a whole new meaning to alien probing...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. And I've heard some gut busting stuff. You could be the worlds best commedian mate.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I would keep the matter a secret until I gathered the necessary people together with their cameras and recorders to document the event.

Now the necessary people would be those who have researched and spent most of their life working on the subject, why because they would know the right questions to ask as i'm sure they have contemplated on that exact question.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Or ask them what they would ask and be able to communicate immediately.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ok well let’s put it this way, they are not sending their house wives or they guy from their local supermarket now are they, they send some of their top medical, scientific and astronomy minds or those with a scholar background in chemistry and so forth.

So you tell me if you could understand a similar conversation with human beings from this type of background without coming of sounding like a four year old, let alone a race so far advanced.

It would be like sending the guys from the big bang theory to teach a kindergarten class

your best bet for a converstion would be to board their ship and talk with house keeping

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would inquire about their propulsion system and how it works then I would question them about our understanding of physics as it relates to our interpretations of how things actually work. Then the question of religion. and lastly I would ask for something of theirs not made of this world that can be tested and authenticated as being of intelligent design and not of this world.

I would also advise them not to hang around and pose one final question. Why did you come here in the first place?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'd just try to play it cool. I'd be like, "'Sup alien dude? You got any space weed? I'll get my earth bong"
And then we'd just chill out at the house for a while until he got the alien munchies... then I guess we'd go find a cat or something for him to eat and I'd get some brownies. (this is a lot funnier in my head)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
First I would be a little scared I would not know if they were hostlie or nice. So I would not want to just run up on them then end up as vapor in the air. So asumming they are friendly I would want to ask where did you come from? Why are you here? I would want to ask aboout thier ancester and if they ever visted in ancenit times and helped them. I would want to know HOW they got here and from how far in the universe they traveled.I would ask them many more things but,who has the time to type it all?

Plus chances are if they do come we will not be able to talk with them thier language is most likley going to be completely different than ours. Earth has so many languages im sure they do too.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I'd ask for some understanding of their drive technology, and any/all information they can provide me in recreating it.

Then, I'd become fabulously rich as I usher in humanity's reach into the stars...

But, if they don't go for it, I'd settle for a quick trip around the solar system for a few hours of being a Venusian sex slave.

If it were these guys though:

I'd have to try and appease them with some Smirnoff Ice and some Sun Chips...(it's a really bad movie, if you've never seen it, but so bad, that it's funny just how bad it really is)....

edit on 4-1-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is a very interesting question. First I would be very catious. The alien would als be very catious as well. maybe we would just look at each other and try not to scare one another and then approach slowly..maybe try to communicate with hand gestures or vocalizations. I think I woul insist that they speak english at some point. Then id be like "hey! you get your B### #ss back in the kitchen and make me some pie!"

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

The pie part doesn't make sense but that does sound like the most likely thing to happen. But what would you do if it were a hungry carnivorous alien that had exhausted all of its food supply. And what if you were the only food on the planet that won't kill it?

new topics

top topics

join