It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arnold, California, and Necrophilia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yeah tell me about it.
A partner asked me to play dead once.
I should hav seen that one coming

Carried an arm cast for weeks.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by pennyforyourthoughts]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Who cares about points? I mean really. Buy a background colour, some text colour, maybe a line under your name and perhaps access to the mudpit and be done with it. Who thinks of it as a popularity contest?

I was docked 50 points many months back for posting a 1 line reply....hilarious, I actually laughed out loud at my PC.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Why should it be a crime to use a corpse in this way?

Most people, if not all, frown on such an act. I mean, you wouldn't want your daughter's corpse defiled by some shmo. I wondered however, if ones wife/husband were to pass away, if in some sick way, would that be legit? Either way, I personally see it as being rather disgusting and foul. The fact that one decides they have no chance with getting it on with anyone alive, is quite sad.

Why would any one want to use a corpse in this way?

What can I say, some people get turned on by weird $hit.

Why is California the last state in the union to criminalize necrophilia?

Besides there always being a last state to do something for everything, maybe they've never had any issues with it until recently. Other than that, I am not sure.

Why did last year's ban fail?

I think this is obvious, they didn't have the TERMINATOR running the show!

Or to be more realistic, Perhaps they saw no need to, if infact there have been little to no cases in California. Im not sure though, and am not very interested in the statistics of it. Overall, I am glad it has been passed, finally if anything.

i know i dont have a lot of facts to back up answers to your questions, so this is all merely opinionated. i just dont really feel like doing my homework on it right now, as its not a very attractive subject. dfh out.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by deafence#]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
People should be able to have sex with anyone the want. LOL, Dead or alive.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
"it was a tough life, things were hard, but now I finally get eternal rest and... whats that? ..ow....OW...OWWWWOWWWWOWWWWAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Seriously though, as long as both parties consent I don't have a problem with it.

Is this an actual quote from the late Sam Kennison?

Yeah, it was after some gay necrophilliac ring was busted up in California (I absolutely swear it's true) they would meet at a local funeral parlour and have a party with the corpses. Man that dude could make me laugh.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've been googling my brain and finally recalled this freakshow

Karen Greenlee is a necrophiliac. Five years ago she made national headlines when she drove off in a hearse and wasn't heard from for two days. Instead of delivering the body to the cemetery she decided to spend some time alone with the corpse. Eventually, the police found her in the next county, overdosed on codeine Tylenol. She was charged with illegally driving a hearse and interfering with the burial (there is no law in California against necrophilia). In the casket with the body Karen left a four-and-a-half page letter confessing to amorous episodes with between twenty to forty dead men. The letter was filled with remorse over her sexual desires: "Why do I do it? Why? Why? Fear of love, relationships. No romance ever hurt like this ... It's the pits. I'm a morgue rat. This is my rathole, perhaps my grave."

It's not just a guy thing
www.nokilli.com...

God I hate Deadheads. (but that's another thread)

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That's pretty sick, but this might be worse.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
"it was a tough life, things were hard, but now I finally get eternal rest and... whats that? ..ow....OW...OWWWWOWWWWOWWWWAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

I miss that guy!!! Sam was cool.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

That's pretty sick, but this might be worse.

www.freerepublic.com...

WTF! Wow... I am in a permanent state of
Why the hell would anyone seek out a gay man to kill and eat them? Yeah, that's just bizarre. I agree with you that this is worse by far.

Regarding the topic of this post, there is something wrong with someone who wants to bone down a corpse.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by flashburn]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Top ten best and worst things about necrophilia

[edit on 04/9/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am amused that we all can find so much to comment on in this subject. Besides that, I find it odd the Ahh-nuld signed this in to law, considering Maria Shriver has looked like an unwrapped mummy for a while now.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
I am amused that we all can find so much to comment on in this subject.

There is actually a serious academic discussion lurking here in the snide remarks and black humor, but some how it got lost. I actually provided answers to some of my own questions as to why using a corpse in this manner is more offensive than, say Philip Roth's liver joke in Portnoy's Complaint.

I still haven't learned why California only just now got around to this legislation or why a similar bill failed last year.

I think some just didn't understand my original post and went into a fit of disgust, while others simply found the topic too "ripe" for humor to pass up.

[edit on 04/9/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You'd figure that this kind of thing would be a universal law, I guess. I'll bet that no one ever thought it would become an issue. Then that one instance shows up and POW: the offender is free because it isn't officially illegal. Kinda' sad, really.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You can get into more trouble for abusing a corpse than you can by killing an unborn child.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join