It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Milk really bad for you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Observer, I also drink Organic milk.

For the record, it does taste a lot better.
I don't know what type you drink but there is a huge difference between non-fat regular milk and non-fat organic milk.

Anyone here that hasn't tried Organic, you seriously need to try it. You will never go back.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
BUT... all the things they say are in cows' milk -- guess what? They're in human milk, too.

humans milk doesnt contain the antibiotics, etc, that are given to cows to make them produce milk. Cows milk isnt really horrible for an older adult, while its not great either, but in small children it is very bad. The only way to avoid the antibiotics, etc is to get organic milk or whatever.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i love milk i have my 3-4 servings per day how could it be bad unless ur lactose problems or unless you have too much

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
observer is right! it is all the antibiotics that gets pumped into the cows......

i read that cows were being fed "" lollies'' and they produced more milk........lollies have gelatine in them,unless it states it has vegetable gelatine (some produced by the marrow bone of animals) that tells you something!

www.dairypage.com.au...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Im Off milk!!!! Now.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Human breats milk is the best for us. If only we could pump enough for everyone

I'm serious though, you guys!! Body builders have been known to drink it...I know you all are thinking "Gross"!!
But it's actually very tastey

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is the rense.com article aobut milk, in case you are interested...

www.rense.com...

Cow's milk is an unhealthy fluid from diseased animals that contains a wide range of dangerous and disease-causing substances that have a cumulative negative effect on all who consume it.

Oh well...then I die a few years earlier...I dont care. I dont smoke, so that about equals it...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
This is the rense.com article aobut milk, in case you are interested...

www.rense.com...

Yes and rense got it from www.notmilk.com
I got it from rense

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Jeff Rense is also a complete idiot.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
Human breats milk is the best for us. If only we could pump enough for everyone

I'm serious though, you guys!! Body builders have been known to drink it...I know you all are thinking "Gross"!!
But it's actually very tastey

Sure I'll give it a try...hehehe

ooooo

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
anything in large amounts is probably bad for you..

Too much of anything is bad. "Too much" is "Too much"

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Magestica is right ... Breast milk is gooood. Has a sweet taste, it's nice and smooth. I like it better's than cow's milk myself, but I'm not about to tell my baby to get the hell off the breast so I can have a turn!!! ... wait a sec ... brb, I'm gonna go do just that now! LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Breast cancer is a major life-threatening and economic disease for women in some parts of the world.

Breast cancer distribution: Rates are high in countries/areas that drink pasteruised milk on a regular basis throughout the population's lifetime. Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Northern States of the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Argentina. Low in France, much of Europe Spain, Some of the Southern States, except in the Cities. Especially low rates among communities that do not traditionally drink milk - South east Asia, China, Japan and in the tropics.

Milk cattle have been bred for high yield (i.e. for constitutively high lactating hormone production), and also have been given yield-increasing supplimentary hormones in some parts of the world. Dairy cows are taken out of milk production by up to 10 years old to become beef products. There is little difference biologically between mammary tissue from human or cow, and mammalian hormones have the same effect across species, indeed have been used medicinally for years - insulin, oxytocin, etc.

Milk rapidly goes bad in hot climates without UHT or refrigeration, so is not available in regular quantity in many hot third world countries. Milk is treated i.e. flash pasterurised, in temperate climates, to minimally change the constituents, protein, lipids, carbohydrates, etc.

The clue that ther might be some problem here is: There is no published research regarding the epidemiology of Breast cancer with regard to milk consumption. Pesticides, air pollution, smoking - yes, milk, no. Since research has usually to be paid for by grant awarding bodies, and a project has to be approved, any such attempt at such an obvious investigation must have never received approval or been blocked.

If milk could be shown to be bad for you, it would obviously hit many economies badly. Who's for Corn Flakes and water or tofu sandwiches?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yeah I had frosted flakes and orange juice one time...tasted like #

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Im Off milk!!!! Now.

you'll come crawling back it's just to good to resist

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I feel sorry for everybody who is lactose intolerent. Soy products just won't cut it. I hear that there isa pill out for lactose intolerent people can now difest dairy with out problems. Anyone heard about that?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
People, PETA is a organization that supports the ALF organization, a TERRORIST organization. Also, they said milk was bad and beer was good. Which pissed off MADD, because beer is bad for your healt, milk is good.

PETA is a bunch of hot, steamy, smoldering, pile of donkey sh******&^&^$t. Speaking of donkeys, a towel head put a bomb on a donkey, set it into a bus stop, blew it up. PETA sent a letter to palestinian leader talking about the misus of the donkey. Forget the people killed and injured, the donkey is important to them.

AF1

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I got no problem trading beer for milk, but I'll still drink milk as long as it pisses off PETA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join