It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Milk really bad for you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I read an article about milk which says that it's actually not very healthy.
Read Here

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
anything in large amounts is probably bad for you..

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
its not good for you at all.. thats why so many people get sick from it when they are young. its meant for tht animals babies not human babies heh. it also has caesin in it which builds up inside of your body when you drink it (caesin is a glue used to glue the bottoms of boxes and stuff together) so yeah..

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
if anything thats probably a load of spin, created by PETA, fair enough cows milks is probably not as healty as soya milk but i dont really care milk tastes good, i love cheese and i love yogurt, the soya alternatives are rubbish....

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I`ve been drinking it all my life to no detrimental effect. Preferthe taste of Goats milk anyway but these stories really are just crap, my sister can`t drink milk but she is allergic to it

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I never drink it, so this is good news for me

although, I did drink goats milk a few years ago, and it tasted much better then cows.
You know, you always hear conflicting news about stuff being bad for you. One month coffee is bad for you and the next it's beneficial?? Makes one wonder...

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
no its not rubbish created by peta, it is fact. in fact i am not even a fan of peta, i am totally against a lot of their ideas and values. You do not realize that it is bad for you because you have never went *without* milk for long enough to know the benefits.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I drink loads of milk, most likely about 1 liter per day...
I'm never sick, but I do have headackes quite often. (due to spending too much time on ATS
)

I have read articles on rense.com about milk before, but never really believed them. I hope here in Holland the don't f*ck around with milk, I coulnd't do without it.

And even if milk is bad for your health, it's not half as bad as cola. That stuff is SO bad for your stomach

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have been a huge milk drinker my whole life. Even now I go through at least two gallons a week.

I have no health problems besides my allergies and sinuses and am approaching my 30th year. I have never broken a bone in my body and have always maintained a solid V shaped upper body without going to the gym. Since I joined the gym a couple of years ago I realized that milk (to me) actually helped my body grow and heal faster.

So, in my opinion, milk has done my body good! (skim only)
And I will not stop drinking milk until i'm lactose intolerant.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

And even if milk is bad for your health, it's not half as bad as cola. That stuff is SO bad for your stomach

youre probably right about that. i had this friend who wouldnt drink anything but coca cola ever. when he was 20 he had to be put in the hospital and he almost died from diabetes , which was caused from the coca cola.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I am actually a big milk drinker too but it makes me sick. I am growing to fast, I have a lot of allergies and asthma. BUT I have very good bones.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
drink water and 100% natural fruit juices you can get them from grocery stores like whole foods.

I use to drink Dr Pepper non stop every day, atleast 6 cans a day. I've changed my diet, eat a lot more veggies and fruits and lots of water. I still eat meat because I love steak
but I eat a lot more fish than anything and I don't eat pork, just not too big on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirrorsparadise
no its not rubbish created by peta, it is fact. in fact i am not even a fan of peta, i am totally against a lot of their ideas and values. You do not realize that it is bad for you because you have never went *without* milk for long enough to know the benefits.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hey this isn't Milk, it says Malk!!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Milk is not good for some people -- we can all agree on that, since we all know of people who have allergies to cows milk. BUT... all the things they say are in cows' milk -- guess what? They're in human milk, too. And in goat milk... etc. (I tend to DISbelieve the pus, blood, and feces stuff, however (unless you've got a REALLY bad dairy -- and they do have frequent inspections.))

Anecdotal evidence shows that the charge isn't true. And if you look at the site that the article draws its info from, they're linking milk drinking with things like bedwetting, cancer, bowel problems, common cold... and a host of unrelated items.

Wouldn't pay them any attention, IMHO.

(...and Panther.... LOVE the picture of the Gunmen! My favorites!)

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I tend to think it is not the milk that's bad for you but all the antibiotics and growth hormones that are pumped into the cows, hence it gets in the milk, hence it gets into me. My wife and I recently switched to organic milk, and I have to say there is a huge diffence in taste (for the better) and how long it lasts. The stuff we buy can stay fresh for 3-4 weeks (it never stays around that long but nice to know that it can if need be).

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I used to drink milk. But after discovering that I suffer from Acid Reflux my Dr. put me on a strict diet. And that means NO MILK, NO COLA, NO CAFFEINE, NO ALCHOHOL.
Which sucks for me because I loved cola.

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Mulk! With vitamin K!

WTF is vatamin K!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Milk is for babies....I drink beer!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Milk is only for animal's LOL ... good one ... considering we ARE animal's

Anywho, my wife has acid reflux too and she drink's milk with no problem. Hell ... I used to drink a gallon a day and never once gotten sick from it. Who ever say's it's bad for you is stupid. They have no clue what their talking about! LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join