It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Maya Culpa on 2012 End of World: (a.k.a: It ain't gonna happen & here's why...)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I posted this in another thread but I think it would be relevant to this thread as well! At least for a reference point:

Well, if people think it is O.K. to take into consideration the "prophecy" of one ancient civilization, they should be willing to take into consideration another civilization's prophecy!

More specifically, I am referring to the ancient Chinese. There apparently exists a prophetic book under the name "Tui Bei Tu" that is supposedly wrote my mystics and masters that were foreseeing into the future, under the guidance of astrology. Any way, the wrote about 250 years worth of predictions AFTER the year 2012. These predictions included the aspect of Mankind. Meaning: Mankind still has a supposed future at least 250 years after 2012.

Now, it is funny, however, that apparently the mystics wrote that there would, in fact, be a time of turbulence during the whole December 2012 time. Due to a natural disaster? Who knows. However, with all the hype that has been projected about December 21st, 2012, I would say that you can not NOT expect people not to go a little crazy. There will probably be riots, mass crowds, struggles, all that fun jazz. Just like some people during the "Y2K".

Of course, who can say what is and is not?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Yeah but that book doesn't have 10 History channel specials

How can anyone take such a prophecy seriously when it doesn't even have commercial backing?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Actually, in 1990 it re-appeared after being banned by the Emperor and became a best seller in street stands, according to Wikipedia.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

That may be, but the sad truth is that Americans only know what they hear and see on television.

I can guarantee that if the Chinese prophecy you're focusing on did indeed have a History channel special, that it would have garnered much much more attention and internet buzz than it currently does.

This is why we are so easy to control and program. They put it on the box and we watch and drool.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Very true. I wonder (and I'm sure it probably is to some extent) if the people of China live in fear of a Mayan prediction. Or other rural countries where they do not have much media control like TV?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join