It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Defence Minister repeats warning to U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Like two autists dancing on slippery slope around devil.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by MrStyx

Stop trying to talk up Iran's military like they are something to be afraid of they went to war with Iraq for 8 years. Granted they were winning but 8 years in what took us a night to wipe out. There is no part of their military that's scary besides a nuclear scenario.

How arrogant do you want to be? No one should underestimate any other country's power.

Um, you do know that we also had the recent Iraq War which also went for 8 years lmao

Its not arrogance its fact their military isn't even close and don't confuse war with "nation building" they are two different things. The initial butt kicking was one week long. One week, the rest was "nation building".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen
reply to post by Kemal

Amazing how ignorant folk are isn't it?

Deny ignorance then, by enlightening those who don't know.
Yet you get stars for a put-down?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Elites are preparing world population to a war with Iran, i think 2012 will not be a year of peace. If they lauch this war, the economic coincicences will be Desastrious. i hope this war will be avoid but what can we do to stop the process..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tonybackfirst

Don't let anyone join the US army?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Iraq, Iran, Pakistan... and Afghanistan is only 200 miles from the coast...

That only leaves the Saudi's and the UAE on the coast. Ok you are right, we haven't invaded TWO of them YET.

And please, don't think the Saudi's or the UAE are going to stop anyone from attacking us if it ever happens...

Get your head out of your #... we have screwed the pooch on diplomatic ties in the REGION.

Wow. And you think MY head is buried deep in my rectum?

Turkey
Egypt
Cyprus
Syria
Lebanon
Isreal
Jordan
Iraq
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia
Qatar
United Arab Emirates
Oman
Iran
Afghanistan
Pakistan

I think you should take a good look at the "Regional Map" before you continue to spew your vitriol.

I found a nice big map just so you couldnt miss any of the other countries in the region

Many of these countries are US allies.

edit on 4-1-2012 by DerbyCityLights because: Forgot to put Turkey in the list.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I am from Bishkek, Kyrgyztan, and live in Ohio, US. My grandmother is still over in Russia, and she said the attitude there is they want nothing to do with War.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I am from Bishkek, Kyrgyztan, and live in Ohio, US. My grandmother is still over in Russia, and she said the attitude there is they want nothing to do with War.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by football6

Please give your Grandmother my best regards and tell her there is at least one average Joe over here that feels the same way.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Hmm, yeah i agree, however, Don't both, China and Russia acquire some of their resources (Oil) from Iran? If so, i don't think China and Russia would sit back and let Iran fight their own war.

HELLOO??? (code"pink"?)

Theres' Something important missing from these discussions( the whole reason for the tension!) :
it's not just the U.S. bullying Iran to beat it's "global policeman's" chest:

The strait at its narrowest is 54 kilometres (34 mi) wide.[1] It is the only sea passage to the open ocean for large areas of the petroleum-exporting Persian Gulf. About 14 tankers carrying 15.5 million barrels (2,460,000 m3) of crude oil pass through the strait on an average day, making it one of the world's most strategically important choke points. This represents 35% of the world's seaborne oil shipments, and 20% of oil traded worldwide in 2011.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...
They (Iran) are threatening to shut off 20% of the global oil production!

Like to "drive"(?) screw that; like to "eat"?

edit on 4-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by 46ACE because: structure

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by football6

'

course they don't want war, US is just doing what they always do, instigating #. Iran is the new Iraq.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I am sure China has some subs posted off the US west coast, does that count?

Or what about the probing runs that Russia conducts with there bombers off the coast of the UK and US?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

course they don't want war, US is just doing what they always do, instigating #. Iran is the new Iraq.

Im so sick of childish ignorant statements such as this. With the exception of Iraq, EVERY war the US has been in has been either instigated by a foreign power first, or we have been asked, sometimes begged for our help. We are not the war monger monsters you and your ignorant ilk continue to try and make us out to be. In fact, you must have missed this little snippet of news from yesterday.

Tens of thousands of ground troops to be cut from defence

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

So, now Iran has restated their threats. This makes me wonder if Tehran actually has the balls to back up their words like "full force." However, on the other hand, if Iran was to attack the Stennis, than it would be like a kick in the nuts for the US, as they are brushing these threats of as nothing.

We must remember that both China and Russia are allies of Iran (with China stating that they would protect Iran, even if it ment WW3). This may give Iran confidence in attacking the US.

www.dai lystar.com.lb
(visit the link for the full news article)

WWIII started 10 years ago, this is just gonna be the icing on the cake. We haven't gotten down to eating that sucker yet, but its coming pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Please give your Grandmother my best regards and tell her there is at least one average Joe over here that feels the same way.

I doubt any average joe wants war, but i'm not gonna stick my head up my ass and get run over by the tanks either, while pretending this isn't happening when it is.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I doubt any average joe wants war, but i'm not gonna stick my head up my ass and get run over by the tanks either, while pretending this isn't happening when it is.

Where did I ever say I was burying my head in the sand? Did you not read any of my prior post or did you just quote the one post that fit your feeble reply?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Where did I ever say I was burying my head in the sand? Did you not read any of my prior post or did you just quote the one post that fit your feeble reply?

Little condescending and arrogant aren't ya? "Feeble"? Ah now the insults start. How juvenile.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Im so sick of childish ignorant statements such as this. With the exception of Iraq, EVERY war the US has been in has been either instigated by a foreign power first, or we have been asked, sometimes begged for our help. We are not the war monger monsters you and your ignorant ilk continue to try and make us out to be. In fact, you must have missed this little snippet of news from yesterday

I attended california public high schools and even I know that statement holds no weight.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Iranian bluster is all that it is...bluster. The Iranians do not have any real ability to go toe to toe with even one battle group...the Fifth Fleet...wich would completely destroy Irans Navy and Airforce as well as all Subs. There is no comparison and if Iran was so stupid as to actually block shipping...that would be the end of their regime.
Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join