It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake disappears overnight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It's not a lake though, it's a reservoir

A reservoir IS a lake, LOL!

Reservoirs, also called impoundments, are man-made lakes.

Link

Originally posted by woogleuk with a dam, and it occasionally gets drained. I have already found this out and posted relevant links.

I see nothing in your links that talks about it ever getting drained intentionally, in fact this would be unheard of. Dam gates are not opened to drain lakes, they are used to maintain a certain water level in the lake. Fully opening the gates is typically only done in cases of extreme rainfall and is a last resort because it results in flooding along the river the gates dump into. If you read the OP you will see that a local that works next to the lake stated that the water disappeared in a day, this cannot be due to a controlled release through dam gates.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Lakes have disappeared shortly before or after earthquakes. Has there been any activity in the area?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Yes it can be done, and I would not refer to a reservoir as a lake, it may be a man made lake, but it is still a reservoir, and for the record, we have been having wild weather here in Europe.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I can think of reasons for draining the entire water out of this lake.....
They may have to prepare for predicted high runoffs.......
they may have a parasitic infection in the fish or other unwanted species of aquatic life they want to destroy.....
The dam which holds back the water may need repairs.....
They have percieved some anomalous situation that required this unusual step....
Recovery of an alien space craft?
A search for war booty sunk in the lake?
Perhaps they even wish to sculp the lake bottom for some reason deepen it or widen it?
I am sure all these and more have been already suggested.....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My first question is how long has the lake existed there?
This is Important i think.
If it is a natural lake that has been there for thousands of years, then this is a truly weird event.

If it has been there for just tens of years, it is still a bit trange but not so much.

We need more details for this very Interesting event.

edit on 4-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You wanna get down in that lake whilst it is empty with a metal detector(if you are allowed that is)

Who knows what you might find.

Great story OP thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Found the lake using google maps, so i can verify that it is a real lake.

So far not found anytting else out, but i am looking at the area for volcanic activity.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I hope i have done this correctly, using an online exif data checker it says the images were captured in 2010!

www.findexif.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen!

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

I think you're screwed. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This lake is a long way from the super volcano under the lake, i have also found out that it probibly drained in 2010.
The measurements given for the size of the lake are misleading, as it is basicall a small circle lake with a for going of of it left and right.

Th op says it happened yesterday, I disagree.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Unless theres another explanation it's probably just a sinkhole that opened up into an underground cavern. Stuff like that happens from time to time....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Very pretty area.

They probably drained the lake in order to effect repairs on the damn or something.
even though I don't find anything in the news about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The lake is really beautiful and has many activities if this is the correct place...there is a contact info at the bottom of this page.
vg-eisenberg.ionas3.de...

We had a lake drained near us once as there was a problem with an invasive species. But I can't see a lake that is clearly so used and scenic and has rare bird species being drained unless it was mega important, plus as we all know reservoirs are to hole needed water no one just dumps their storage water unless there is a major problem.

Op I am hoping you will contact the e-mail or phone at the above link and let us know what they say.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by Anim8tr

Unless theres another explanation it's probably just a sinkhole that opened up into an underground cavern. Stuff like that happens from time to time....

yes but that is always on the news, I can find no such news.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finners
I hope i have done this correctly, using an online exif data checker it says the images were captured in 2010!

www.findexif.com...

I do find it odd that the OP has not tried to dispute your claim pertaining to the data you have uncovered.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Alot of merit to your thought, someone may be able to find MANY a thing that has been dumped there since it was a reservoir and possibly things that were there before it was.
Who knows, you may find a gold cache or solve a centuries old murder.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

LOLz, now anyone who knows me could have told what my first questions to you would have been about the weather that night, based on what I suspect of hydropropulsion systems driven by off world entities all of the conditions were ripe for this to happen. Looks as if it was a huge craft so be sure and look for reports of UFos that same timeframe, not that it will always turn up evidence but it is important to look on any account.

This is something that occurs worldwide rather frequently, there could be other non reported disappearances of water as well, even as small as a swimming pool.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
it just went underground. No problem!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

It can only mean that god is unhappy with us and this is our punishment. Hummm seems to me that the fish in the lake got punished more than us.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Finners

There is another possibility, the date on the camera was set to 2010, therefore stamping the EXIF with 2010, even though the photo was taken when the OP said.

I don't see why people are struggling to believe that in all likelihood, like I have said right throughout this thread, that this RESERVOIR has been drained for some reason, or due to the extreme weather the dam has burst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join