It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randomguy0083

Empathy has been proved, check the doi-link at the following thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Thanks for asking. I'm sorry for taking so long to reply. I forget to check my inbox.
After that experience, I did write letters to my stepson and my stepdaughter to apologize for my behaviour. My stepdaughter (who is older than my stepson by 6 years) sent me a letter saying that I wasn't that bad of a guy, but I was very strict. It was a huge burden taken off my shoulders. To be honest though, I really was a jerk. I think my stepdaughter was showing kindness to me, which I'm grateful for.
My stepson was younger and more impressionable at that time. His letter wasn't so forgiving. Maybe some day we can get together and talk things over.
I myself grew up in some unusual circumstances that required a lot of healing and forgiveness on everyone's part. I'm happy to say that we were able to make peace among ourselves before my parents died.
Take care. Col. 3:23

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Those who fear their death will be in agony, those who are prepared and accept it will be in bliss

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
reply to post by playswithmachines

Hello again. I too shared much of your experience, but I still hold one thing true. DYING hurts A LOT. Death...does not.

Peace !

I can't argue with that

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

By the way friend? Let me say that I am REAL glad you and I are still here!

edit on 15-1-2012 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
if death is like sleep... cool. i understand the human body manufactures '___', tryptamines are the magic in the psychedelic mushrooms, it is the ahhh in ayahuasca, it is in canary reed grass, mimosa, acacia, and other plants, we humans have been so exposed to these and other bio-psiochems that we have evolved receptors to interact with and when we die...our bodies dump the '___' into our system.

Ironically '___' is a hallucinogen and often the user experiences LIGHT.

Is this the "light" that we have attributed to deity(s) religions, mystery schools etc....

So when we die we see the light, hallucinate whatever makes your ego accept its finale, imagine rejoining dead relatives, meeting your saints, prophets etc...

is this state a flashing moment seems like an eternity and then.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexei
Those who fear their death will be in agony, those who are prepared and accept it will be in bliss
That is true but not many will believe it.Fear it's a common sense feeling in front of death and those not to fear are not many.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
imagine a world where humans no longer fear dying and going to sleep. imagine if humans no longer think a reward/paradise or a hell/eternal punishment awaits them? this fear of the unknown is what chains us and turns the human animal into a docile herd animal. imagine the wise old shaman who first discovered and used this fear to turn individuals into followers?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Relief, wonder, curiosity, familiarity, completeness.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I always thought that we would feel a sense of being content, that all thoughts and fears disappear

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WishingMel

A combination of monoamino-oxidase inhibitor such as harmala (or moclobemide), huge amount of l-5-hydroxytryptophan (5htp) + l-tryptophan, and l-methione, hefty doses of vitamins B6 (pyridoxine) and sublingual tabs of B12 (cobalamin) should do the trick to yield endogenous '___'-trip. The more tryptamine or 5htp, the merrier. This may be, however, quite dangerous or even lethal because of the MAOI.
edit on 29-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishingMel
I always thought that we would feel a sense of being content, that all thoughts and fears disappear
For some of us yes for the big majority No.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join