It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

no not all of us are afraid of death, those that are not have felt the flower of life within and understand that there is a far greater force at work in the universe, and, it likes flowers so much it placed one within our spiritual body.
go find it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

That's exactly what I am talking about, and you aren't alone my friend not by a stretch. Thank you for sharing that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

I guess you would feel a warmth in your pants as your bladder lets go that heat maybe the final sensation you feel other than your bowels relaxing and filling your pants up
A very romantic image you have about this matter,that is what most majority of the people are experiencing at that moment,but not aware of it,so they don't feel what you are saying.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

If romance is honesty, then that post is romeo and juliet living happily ever after under an arbour of sweet smelling roses.

It is the truth ask any heart attack victim that was conscious when they had a massive heart attack that killed them, it made them # themselves, not from fear or the intense gripping pain, because it's a basic law of human nature if you are alive and conscious or become unconscious, you relax your bowels, if full, you defecate.

I know it may take three or four minutes for your oxygen to deplete to a point where you become brain dead, and those three or four minutes will be filled with utter disbelief that you are dying, your brain no doubt will release chemicals that create an alternate state of mind to help protect you from the horror of the situation.

But it will be horror, for some of us that horror will be mild, like getting on a train and as it pulls out of the station you think you left the ticket back at home with your wallet.
For others it will be the most horrifying situation they have ever felt in their whole lives, not knowing what comes next is frightening especially if you are the sort of person that doesn't have any faith in an afterlife, sort of like being trapped underwater and hanging on to your last breath because as soon as you breathe in you drown, so you fight and you fight to keep hold of that last breath hoping for a miracle and then you have to let it go, the fear and the horror overwhelm you, you let it go, and you find you can breathe underwater and their was nothing to be afraid of.

The pineal gland and '___' will be the last functioning chemical activator and gland, and from what i know of '___' things will be very pretty indeed.

edit on 4-1-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A clock doesn't stop every time someone dies. That's just an old wive's tale. Also, death isn't agonizing for everyone. Sure, dying a brutal death or dying of cancer can be painful, but there other methods of dying that aren't painful at all.

I have actually experienced what I think is death. It was frightening, but also serene. It felt like my essence was being rapidly drained from my body, like cutting open a water bed and having all of the water quickly flow out. Only the bed was my body and the water was my essence, or conscious self. It felt similar to passing out, only my consciousness didn't fade to black. Rather it transferred to an unknown venue. I have had a handful of these experiences in my life, and they all ended with me waking up. However, I was never dreaming. It felt as if I was suddenly returned to my body after dying, and my former memory of my own death slowly faded into obscurity. I have experienced it enough times to recall the sensations of death, though. These experiences are partly responsible for a theory of mine that we never truly die.

Edit: As far as my thought patterns at these moments of death, I remember thinking things like, "Oh my god, this is it. I'm about to die," or, "My life is about to end. I'm going to stop existing," etc. However, every time, I would just wake up at a later time as if nothing happened. I don't believe nonexistence can be experienced. Nothingness cannot be observed, and as observers, we must always do that: observe. After being brought into existence as an observer, we can never unexist.
edit on 1/4/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

If romance is honesty, then that post is romeo and juliet living happily ever after under an arbour of sweet smelling roses.
There is a gap between the moment of death which is what you feel and what you say so full of romance that is happens.Those two moments do not coincide.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What I like about ATS are the questions from other members that make me stop and think. This question brought back memories of my own "near death experience". Some years ago I was working on a power pole next to a shed on my property. I leaned an aluminum ladder against the pole and climbed up the ladder with a pair of pliers in my hand, reminding myself to be careful not to come into contact with the power line. At that moment, my elbow brushed against the electric fencewire that ran from the shed to the top of the fence that enclosed the one-acre lot where my two big farm dogs lived. As the shock ran through my body, several thoughts went through my mind. My first thought was, "I really screwed up, and now I'm going to die". My second thought was of my stepson, whom I haven't seen for more than 20 years. When I was married to his mother I was a hard-core alcoholic and a jerk of a stepfather. I hoped that my stepson would somehow learn that I had stopped drinking on the day my marriage ended, and that I had died sober, and that I died a better man than I was when I was his stepfather. My final thought was that I wanted my stepson to be proud of me.
And then it was over. The whole event lasted maybe 1/4 of a second and of course I wasn't injured at all. I was a bit shaken, but mostly I was amazed at how many thoughts had crowded into my mind at the moment I thought I was going to die.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

A clock doesn't stop every time someone dies
Actually for my great-grandmother did stop so at list that's what they told me ,I even keep it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I personally would guess the majority would experience Regret.
As unfortunate as it sounds, how could one not have life regrets that occur while there dying?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by simplybill

how many thoughts had crowded into my mind at the moment I thought I was going to die.
That is why we must never ever leave this earth with unfinished business.

edit on 4-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunburnt
I personally would guess the majority would experience Regret.
As unfortunate as it sounds, how could one not have life regrets that occur while there dying?
Those who sacrifice their lives for their country didn't die with regrets,they die with clean heart.
edit on 4-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I'm not going to bash you for the events in your life. I'm just into chemistry and chemicals.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok my experience on my first death was this, Granted my death was by suffocation, Even though it was a few years ago I remember every second like it was today.

For me I had the strong feeling of "Pain" "Life" wanting to still live it, not wanting to pass on, yearning for survival.
It is so hard to explain it is not funny.

But I can say there was no light for me before anyone asks.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

I'm not going to bash you for the events in your life. I'm just into chemistry and chemicals.
I never thought at that,and it's ok to look at the scientific aspect of the problem in his entire whole,dielectric,chemical,biologic,morphological and so on.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

Because you didn't reach that point of no return,or even not close to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Would you please be willing to elaborate?

I don't understand your sentence, at all.

Mystifying

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Legion2024

Because you didn't reach that point of no return,or even not close to it.

Dead is dead 15 mins or 50 years, yes I am one of the lucky ones, my medical files state my time of death and my revival.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

"We all are afraid of that moment that sooner or later will come.The problem is how we are facing that moment."

this not a true statement not all people are afraid of death exspecialy Christians.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I don't understand your sentence
Which one of them?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join