It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Like death...
edit on 4-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Well I cant really go into to detail or I'll get in trouble so I'll stop here
No is no problem,just that is unbelievable,because all the NDEs are related to violent events,mine is related to voluntary lift to heaven by God due to some events of which I don't want to talk about,and people usually don't believe this and they can call you(me) a liar.But I just did that(tell the story).Anyway after that I start dreaming every future event in day to day life and at global scale,all major events.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If you would like an answer to this question, then check out NDE's. You can find many here and here.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
My near death experience

When I was in High School many years ago I was in a terrible car accident where we flipped upside down into a river and were completely submerged.

I remember it clear as day. The car immediately filled up with water, there was no slow rising like you see in the movies. I was suspended upside down by my seat belt and my weight made me unable to release the buckle. Ironically I was the only passenger of the 4 of us to be wearing a seat belt, and the only passenger that was trapped. My friends had a breathing pocket on the floorboards of the car and underwater I could hear them calling my name as everyone was present but me.

I basically held my breath, waiting to die as I realized at the time the situation was utterly hopeless for me, and again I have a perfect clear memory of the event...for better or worse.

Here's the thing..as I held my breath there was no moment of desperation.. it was more like falling asleep.It was not like a clock stopping. In fact, it was rather peaceful. I was under water for 8 minutes or so, according to paramedics who were able to resuscitate me. Does this constitute death? I was certainly flatlined, and I certainly was not coming back without intervention of some sort...

My emotional range went like this, I immediately accepted what was happening and was aware I was going to die. I remember saying to myself, "well this is how I am going to die"... and I felt absolute peace about it after only a split second of anxiety. If I can relate it to any other experience, it is like the anxiety and subsequent relaxation you feel of when you are in a plane and it first starts taking off down the runway... that twinge of anxiety that goes away once you know things are OK..... My next thoughts were of my family, and wondering how they were going to take it, i felt sorry that they would be grieving for me... other than that I could hear my heartbeat slowing down as I held my breath.. then I just drifted off... Almost exactly like getting beyond high on marijuana, to the point where you are stoned out of your gourde...

I can tell you there certainly was a period of nothingness, and in between the nothingness and consciousness, there is, for lack of a better term, "cognitive reasoning" where your brain is lucid and you basically have a choice to live or not.. It feels that your consciousness is separated from your body, I remember it clearly and is really for another thread....

But to answer your question, in my experience I was aware i was dying, and the actual moment of death was not bad at all.. rather one of the most serene moments was in that minute I was holding my breath, knowing I had nothing left in my life to fear..

edit on 4-1-2012 by mrperplexed because: Additional info: Everyone lived :-)

Wow! Thanks for sharing that...
I have heard similar stories to this and understand that how you live with your general state of mind upon that moment of exit, either negative or positive perspective in life depends on the way of ones transition.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I think this thread has come down to a few definitive answers (depending on your religion of course). For me the answer is plain to see. The variation of causes of death implies that everyones death is perceived differently. When you die, your body does its own chemical coping to the situation ('___', Dopamine, etc). As a lot of posters in this thread have had NDE's or know someone who has. When you are dying your brain will flood itself with Dimethylterephthalate. This chemical will cause mass hallucinations, and outer body experiences. This is the reason some people have heard or seen things such as bright lights or voices/noises.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

Actually, thought is not generated in the brain. Quite frankly, scientists don't know where thought is generated, or what generates it. We can't claim to know what happens after death, nor can we claim that there is nothing after death, simply because we cannot know. You're assumption that there is nothing beyond death is as good as me saying that we travel to another dimension where people talk in autotune is Lil' Wayne is Jesus.

If there is something beyond death, it most likely has something to do with astral projection; the consciousness/ethereal body/soul/spirit/whatever you want to call it travels through the levels of the astral realm, gradually severing its ties with the material world/body, eventually reaching the Akashic (spelling?) Archives and archiving his/her/its memories and experiences.

It is a law of the universe that nothing is lost, yet nothing lasts, everything is broken down and reused.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Basically, you feel really good and you experience the most intense hallucinogen known to man.
I read about this, back in the eighteen century in the french Revolution people were decapitated.One scientist make a deal with his friend to see how much time he can blink from his eyes,after beheaded.He blinked about two minutes or so,before closing his eyes forever.

edit on 4-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Like death...
edit on 4-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)
Who like death...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

"If there is something beyond death, it most likely has something to do with astral projection; the consciousness/ethereal body/soul/spirit/whatever you want to call it travels through the levels of the astral realm, gradually severing its ties with the material world/body, eventually reaching the Akashic (spelling?) Archives and archiving his/her/its memories and experiences."

Sounds like something out of avatar
. Do you have any kind of credible sources to your theory of astral projection??Also you say thought is not generated in the brain, but then go on to say scientists don't actually know where thought derives from...???
edit on 4-1-2012 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

This chemical will cause mass hallucinations, and outer body experiences. This is the reason some people have heard or seen things such as bright lights or voices/noises.
you are right from the scientific point of view there is only one valid explanation.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Are you afraid of death? I've always said that I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of dying.

Oh, we are all afraid of death. We are afraid of what happens next.

Atheists will be afraid of the absolute end and extinction, whilst the devout religious types may worry that what awaits them may not be what they expected! It would be a bit of a pisser for an Islamic cleric to see that he was backing the wrong horse, or the Bishop of York to be met by Muhammad.

I have known the most ardent atheist turn to God in the last lucid moments. I have known someone who had an out of body experience in the intensive care unit after a car accident.

I fear death because I fear the end of it all - my personal extinction. I am not an atheist, but you cannot rule out the possibility that we are just biological beings and that's that.

Regards

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yeah it does, though astral projection has been around way longer than Avatar

I read a few books about it, and experience reports of people who have achieved it, a few years back, but what I'm recalling is from memory. There are 7 or 9 levels, I don't remember. I know that one of the higher realms is said to closely resemble the Viking idea of "heaven," the lower realms are similar to the physical world.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

If you would like an answer to this question, then check out NDE's. You can find many here and here.
I will read that, thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Thanks I'll look into it
. It never hurts to let your mind get imaginative.

By the way looking into it, the thought process is part of the brain. When you take something in your brains sends neurons to process and relay information. All of this occurring in the brain.
Sorry the Wiki link is blocked from my work.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's a good topic for discussion, but you can't get frustrated at people's answers. The reality is, you have no idea what you are going to feel when you die...until you die.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You will find that people with experiences are very common but most learn not to talk about it. The typical response is people turn away and close their ears. The response is due to fear I think. Most who ask these questions don't actually want an answer, they want to prove otherwise and completely block out anything contrary to their beliefs. I half expected to be ignored in fact.

That Surgeon took the tactic of blocking it out and acting as if I had not just repeated his words verbatim, words he spoke after he had decided to stop trying to revive me. The Nurse however missed no opportunity to come in and see me until I was released.

Normally I never repeat this story as I know I'll either get ridiculed or the person will just blank me out. None of which bothers me either way. There are things that only the person who had the experience can appreciate. I only had a vague notion of Joy before that happened.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I feel your question "What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?" will never be answered; This is a question that has been asked through-out the ages, as not even the most highly qualified Professor's or scientists can provide us with an answer; I personally don't think we'll truly know before we get there, but once we are there each one of us will know & leave it for the next person to determine.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteffieJo
It's a good topic for discussion, but you can't get frustrated at people's answers. The reality is, you have no idea what you are going to feel when you die...until you die.
I am mot frustrated of anything,in order to get close to the truth you must debate,so you can find as many opinions as you can get,I think there are ways to make our passing more easier to the other world knowing that things are not that bad,that's the whole purpose of this thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I guess you would feel a warmth in your pants as your bladder lets go that heat maybe the final sensation you feel other than your bowels relaxing and filling your pants up.

Then you find yourself as a free floating single moment of self contained thought, capable of going anywhere by thinking about it, over a period of the next few weeks you decide if you want to be a ghost or if you are going to give up your second psychic body and return to the source.

After you return to the source (do not be afraid to go doesn't matter what you have done) you become more yourself than you are here, all your previous lives are remembered and you become whole again.
And then you get ready to do it all again, because you didn't do what you were meant to this time (next time don't vote your responsibilities away and spend more time looking inward at your soulful energetic self).

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I only had a vague notion of Joy before that happened
I know what you are saying,that is the frequent question that I am asking my self,if next time will be the same feeling or the opposite.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join