It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Two family deaths lately. Here's what they experienced:

Mom: Nothing. On pain killers. Just labored breathing until brain blue, then passed away.

Father of daughter in law: Pastor baptized his feet while he seemed unconscious, then immediately thereafter he raised his arms toward heaven, dropped them, and died.

One on drugs, nothing. One not on drugs, maybe saw something and maybe when to heaven.

Had a grandmother not on drugs, she said she "heard the bells" of a carriage coming to get her, then she died.

Brain decay? Maybe. Seeing the light and heading for it? Maybe. In all cases, no pain evident.

Jesus said it is like falling asleep. So, you know what it's like to die, because you fall asleep every day.
Unless you die in an accident, or such. Some pain accompanies some diseases, like cancer, but drugs can take it away.

You can always drink yourself unconscious, like in the old days, and go that way, too...

I don't fear death. However, some should consider what may happen to them after death. Personally, I'm saved by Jesus. No worries, mate.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Loving Kind and Thoughtful, thought of death dealt with any guilt and fear, have some type of spiritual or "guidance system" good values, honesty and respect for life, nothing to be really ashamed of that you have not dealt with,
I know someone who died on their knees praying and I know that he did not suffer because it was a real worshipper, but these are very rare cases.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Unless you die in an accident
There are painful and painless death but the moment of death is the same for all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When your at the moment of death i believe that you go to your version of heaven, whether that be on a beach or back home with your family that's where you go.

At the moment of death you only have your hearing, everything else has already gone (speech, eyesight, feelings, touch etc..) Your brain will take about 4 minutes to shut down due to the lack of oxygen and you will hear whats going on in the room all around you.

You only truly die 4 minutes (approx) after you stop breathing and your heart stops.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Your brain will take about 4 minutes to shut down due to the lack of oxygen and you will hear whats going on in the room all around you.
That is really scary!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Are you talking subconsciously or consciously? How about when your brain waves flatline?
edit on 4-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
From my own experience of losing several hours of time due to a motorcycle accident, I'm thinking that nobody really feels anything at the exact moment of death, because feeling things requires a working consciousness that continues past the point of the experience in order to have the feeling exist in the past.

I was on a motorcycle and was hit by a car. The last thing I remember was driving along the street. I don't remember the accident itself or being taken to the hospital and having my first operation. I woke up three hours later, but there was nothing in-between. It was like a fade from one scene to another in the movies. One moment I was driving on the street, the next I was in pain and being lifted onto a gurney in the hospital.

I remember what it was like to be driving along the street only because I woke up later. Now, had I been killed, there would be no waking up and no remembering. Anything. My entire existence would not just be gone, it would never have existed, at least from my perspective (which would be no perspective).

So we can project and imagine what people might be feeling, but in reality, nobody feels anything when they die, because it's all paradoxically, retroactively erased from ever existing.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

What is so hard to understand about dying? Imo you just DIE. Wishful thinking and speculation is all you will find questioning it. Nothing happens after death. You won't have a thought process. There will be no glorified experience. I just don't understand why that is so hard to take in? Why people need for there to be a feeling/afterlife.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008

What is so hard to understand about dying? Imo you just DIE. Wishful thinking and speculation is all you will find questioning it. Nothing happens after death. You won't have a thought process. There will be no glorified experience. I just don't understand why that is so hard to take in? Why people need for there to be a feeling/afterlife.
We have only 1(one)life and will be a shame not to know the truth about those experiences that people have in the moment of death,maybe will make us better people.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Everyone is different. Everyone dies and goes through death differently. To say there is a feeling all of us will feel before death is ridiculous in my opinion. It seems you are looking for a answer that suitably agree's with your own belief. To me this whole subject is a trigger of emotion for a lot of people. Realistically, in technical terms I have read (more speculation) physically your brain produces large amounts of dopamine which it releases. Therefore everyones experience shall be tainted if they indeed do not die afterall (NDE's). I respect your opinion and thank you for the thread, but when I read through some of the comments I couldn't help but feel anger in ignorance.

ETA: There is no ignorance in sharing your experience and reading over my post I am sorry if it offends anyone that has shared story about loved ones.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

TextSo we can project and imagine what people might be feeling, but in reality, nobody feels anything when they die, because it's all paradoxically, retroactively erased from ever existing.
I respect your opinion but from the replies on this thread I understand,the big majority of the people are sharing the same idea that there is a unique feeling in the exact moment of death and nobody return back to share it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

anger in ignorance
Respect for an opinion has nothing to do with anger and ignorance,maybe more with debate,but that is another opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well when you die your body releases insane amounts of the chemical '___'. '___' is what makes you dream. Massive amounts of '___' causes euphoria, disconnection with your body and intense hallucinations. Trust me you will feel no pain.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I do respect every single persons opinion. I think you missed the point of my post..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Like something is trying to rip the sole from your body.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Thank you, this accents what I was stressing at.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think the uncertainty principle applies here. The more we try to think about what happens at that moment, the less clear, and more blurry it becomes....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
just jumping in here quick since I have been skimming this thread all day......we-they- probably think DIFFERENTLY....I don't think YOU change....you are just not human anymore....like a caterpillar and a butterfly being the same being....just with different (parts/ eyes/ spirit/) same soul though....same life essence....

we are so much....so much more than we see now....(assuming we are all alive and actually typing with bits of flesh and bone)....can you imagine....the possibilities of emotion, thought, energy, flowing like fluid in a vase, falling into a cup overflowing, and spilling into an enless sea, feeding hurricane rains.....

1.....and alternatively, the 1 that is 2.....the 3 that are 1.........lol

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I should not do this, but the tone of this thread is such that I feel comfortable sharing.

When in my early twenties in the 1970’s I was a passenger in a wreck and what happened to me made the national news as a human interest story.

I and a friend were travelling about a 150 miles to visit other friends. We got behind a Semi hauling a load of lumber that was going way to slow, so the driver passed him. We were in a tiny two seated sub-compact Triumph. The Truckdriver did not notice us and suddenly decided to turn left into a dirt road to relieve himself. Turned out that’s why he was driving so slow.

(From here on I don’t remember anything but this is what I was told) He drove right over the top of us completely destroying the passenger side of the car where I was seated. I flew out and landed under the Truck. The reason it made the news was the car behind us was driven by a Paramedic who just got off duty and his passenger was a local MD who had caught a ride with him.

The MD helped me first and after trying to revive me pronounced me dead at the scene. He then helped my friend the driver who had broken most of the bones in his face. He told me that about 15 minutes later they heard talking going on under the Truck and realized I was talking. I came to the next day in a Hospital. I have no memory of two days and most of the following week. No memory has every returned.

(Fast forward to age 33) My Appendix Ruptured in my sleep and I woke up when I fell off the bed onto the floor. I could not stand so I crawled into another room to get help. It’s kind of a blur until I came to on a Gurney with a Nurse straddling me, slapping my face to get me to give permission for Morphine and surgery. Then I go blank again until they are closing me up.

I come wide awake with the clearest mind I can ever remember having. It was like all my experiences were accessible to me at the same time along with all my thought. I felt what I can only describe as pure joy. No pain, and no connection to my physical body.

In an instant I realized I was on the other side of the operating room and watched the Surgeon putting in the last few stitches, while they were trying to resuscitate me. The Surgeon and a Nurse were arguing about whether or not to keep trying to revive me and whether or not to put me on a life support machine. My body was dead and the Surgeon was saying not to bother, it was useless.

Something clicked inside my head as I realized I was watching this from a few feet away and my first thought was this is so wonderful and I feel so good I don’t want to go back. Then as I listened to the MD he talked in a way that made me angry he cared so little and I made a conscious decision to reenter my body and live just to spite him. Suddenly I was gasping for air looking at the Surgeon still putting in the last stitch or two as all the color drained from his face. He had just told the Nurse not to bother moving me to life support as I had been dead to long and it was pointless.

I was in a Morphine stupor for a couple of days, but when the same Nurse I saw in the operating room walked in I recounted to her the details of the conversation her and the MD had while I was apparently legally dead. She admitted to me that I had died a few minutes before the conversation and I could tell my recounting it scared her. She had a genuine look of terror as I gave her a verbatim account of their words and description of what they were doing.

I tried with the MD and he just went pale again and walked out of the room, refusing to listen to me. It shook him up badly as well as he was the one who pronounced me dead.

I beat the Reaper twice and I’ll leave it up to you to make what you will of the second experience.

What I know, is you do not die and that what I felt in death was pure joy. It is impossible to describe as the words simply do not exist.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

You got it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join