It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It depends on how they die. We may feel nothing or relief. Some of those imbued with religious nonsense may be fearful of the hell they believe they are heading for. But most people become unconscious before they die unless killed instantly.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
In those seconds or minutes of agony,as a personal experience that all of us will have at one moment in time.
The passing by in the other world it's a personal experience with no testimony to describe the exact feeling of that moment.
We all are afraid of that moment that sooner or later will come.The problem is how we are facing that moment.
There are testimonies of different phenomena that occur when someone dies, like a clock that is stopping at the exact moment of death.
But why a clock would stop and what is the relation between the person who dies and time!
Could be a proof of the feeling that he has in the exact moment of death?Could be a message?
Death may be a discharge body energy so strong that interact with the environment.
For example, if a person dies at 12, maybe this means that 12,000 years will be in purgatory.
And why agony?A proof of they way we live here on earth?

Maybe you have a better idea of what a person feels in the exact moment of death!

Perhaps..."Thank GOD I'm leaving HELL....about time!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

The atmosphere here can be somewhat daunting, but I for one, welcome your testimony as one among many relevant and viable survivors, thanks to resuscitation intervention.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I hope I am humming this.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Death has been over dramatized in television and in stories. People are so afraid of it, it seems like they forget that every single person goes through physical death at one point or another. They believe its going to be the most horrific thing in the world when science to begin with tells us in regular cases it is not.

People tend to think of death=pain, they seem to believe is the most extreme case of pain and are afraid of it, i partly blame the media and lack of knowledge of guardians to teach children since they are young. If you ask anyone about what they believe the most horrific way to die you usually get.

Drowning: People who drown recount there is panic but then an overwhelming feeling of peace overtakes them.
Burnt: Hurts in the beginning but if you don't die from the smoke/shock your nerve endings get burnt and you cant feel.
Falling: You don't feel anything from the impact if you survive you are in too much of a shock to feel anything.
Starving: After a bit your body goes into a survival mode and hunger is turned off.

Or maybe people feel death because of the unknown which is the key to peoples fear, like in the movies its always scary until you see the actual killer/monster/ghost, because till then your mind plays with you making you think and over hype the tension. I believe the fear comes from what people believe comes after the bodies death, i don't think people should worry themselves with such a trivial thing, it dident hurt before you were born so i don't expect it to hurt after nor when i am asleep.

In my opinion when you die your consciousness lives on in a dreamlike state, the same way as when you go to sleep death is second to experience in the constants in life people should learn to accept it as a part of us.

Always look on the Bright side of life
edit on 5-1-2012 by CesarO because: Adding the link

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Not true, unless you are already in a coma.
You remain fully concious up to & including the moment of death.
You don't feel pain, you don't feel anything.......

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnabs

thanks to resuscitation intervention
You are welcome,

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I have often thought about this. If a person dies peacefully, I think they would feel their spirit/consciousness leaving their body for maybe a few moments and then their consciousness would cease. If a person dies instantly, like in a car accident for example, I think they would probably feel nothing..

For those lucky enough to die peacefully, I can imagine the sensation of death must feel incredible!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TUERD

That is a secret,but what I can tell you is, as the body was mutilated after the accident so will be the soul in the afterlife.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Dieing can be painful, actual death is both blissful and terrifying.

The first part of the death experience will be exactly like a '___' trip. If you want to test the theory, take syrian rue tea, and have someone put you into a choke-hold for about 15-30 seconds. The syrian rue inhibits the breakdown of the '___' your brain makes and you will trip for about 15 minutes. '___' likely is a chemical made by your brain for fixing neural distress by making neurons form new patterns.

First is fear, then acceptence, then is either a feeling of dispassion and peace, or absolute terror.

You will go toward the light, and at some point you may decide to stop. If you stop there is usually three tunnels with three beings telling you to go to "their" tunnel. One of them will try to scare you into going by telling you you deserve to be die. This first tunnel leads to some sort of hell, but is only temporary if you believe in God, and were grateful for your own life. All that dies is the delusions of what you believed to be true

The second tunnel will have a being that projects images, usually people you know who died, if you go through this one and return you will feel "bliss", If you died for good, I assume leads to reincarnation either on earth or as an angel/god/demigod whatever.

The third one will be bright being that will tell you that if you go though this tunnel you will know infinite wisdom. It leads to hell- I assume it will tell you "the ultimate truth is to accept grace of God, yet you choose to doubt this as truth, therefore I shall devour all you believe you are until you acknowledge this". Everything is stripped from you except pure awareness.

Beyond these tunnels is the original light, it is the light leads to eternal peace in the presence of God.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

In Buddhism, the belief is you close your eyes for an instant, and are instantly reincarnated, with no memory of your previous life, but it is still your conscious essence. Personally I think the body is a manifestation of the mind and not the other way around. We are immortal beings who are experiencing life, but we go on after this body wears out.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Details of your story mirror mine eerily....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Certainly the time to repent for one's sins is while one still has sufficient consciousness to do so!

The Book says: "Now is the day of Salvation."

Putting it off is hazardous.

Perhaps eternally hazardous, terminal.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Buddhism is very similar to a theory that was posted on this site recently, we dont really know how the universe was created or by what but on an infinite timeline we can assume it will be created over and over again and eventually the exact circumstances of your creation from nothing will occur again. Since you (as far as we know) have no concept of time when you dont exist this will happen instantly, however you will have no memories of your previous and countless other lives. Seems weird to imagine we might be living the same live over and over forever!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
reply to post by Blaine91555

Details of your story mirror mine eerily....

Yeah I read that, my cousin had the same thing happen to him when he was a kid when his appendix burst. There's several testimonies of people on this forum who report similar cognitive function while not in their body. I'm a little surprised these were largely ignored. How can a chemical release in the brain where someone is dying cause one to watch themselves from outside their body while still having the ability to make decisions and act on them in real time? To me it is one's soul. I've never had the experience but have spoke with many people who have, people who aren't religious at all.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Thank you! That is EXACTLY what I meant.

Its kind of like a semi heading right for you and at the second before it kills you.....you say...."Oh-OH!"

Instantaneously...Zip. Nothing. Off into the light.......

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

I would think that the person would suffer intense pain, for just an instant.

linea segundo

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by JackTheTripper

when one smokes 30mg of 5-meo-dmt
It's very hard to compare something like that with the feeling of death,I think that feeling could be amplified thousands of times.

I beg to differ. I have done 20mg of that stuff. It feels the same as when I was about to die in a car accident. Actually smoking it is more horrifying, because you are kind of conscious when the feeling hits you and indeed amplifies to every time unit imaginable to the next power. This however rises a question: is death just an illusion, what about the concept of quantum suicide (ie, the thought experiment of schrödingers cat, but being the cat?).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Exactly - but to me it's not soul, it's awareness (okay, semantics), it is the actual "you"

Originally posted by TUERD

For those lucky enough to die peacefully, I can imagine the sensation of death must feel incredible!

I think this is similiar than the feeling of third toke of 80-100mg of N,N-'___'. It feels so amazing (compared to the brute death experience of 5-meo-dmt. Just pure bliss - it gives inner peace of happiness and everything is perfect forever -mindset (just as in reality everything in my opinion is) you are happy to "die" because you do not actually give a damn about dying - just transforming to better state of mind. To pass the other side, egyptian book of the dead is a must to read to get past of hades...

edit on 6-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Yes of course. And they wouldnt know it...only for that split second...and not remember it either. Because they would be dead.

I think the pain of DYING...that one would feel as they slip away...of course could be extremely painful. Still....then NOTHING. No more feeling anything.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join