It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by simplybill
What I like about ATS are the questions from other members that make me stop and think. This question brought back memories of my own "near death experience". Some years ago I was working on a power pole next to a shed on my property. I leaned an aluminum ladder against the pole and climbed up the ladder with a pair of pliers in my hand, reminding myself to be careful not to come into contact with the power line. At that moment, my elbow brushed against the electric fencewire that ran from the shed to the top of the fence that enclosed the one-acre lot where my two big farm dogs lived. As the shock ran through my body, several thoughts went through my mind. My first thought was, "I really screwed up, and now I'm going to die". My second thought was of my stepson, whom I haven't seen for more than 20 years. When I was married to his mother I was a hard-core alcoholic and a jerk of a stepfather. I hoped that my stepson would somehow learn that I had stopped drinking on the day my marriage ended, and that I had died sober, and that I died a better man than I was when I was his stepfather. My final thought was that I wanted my stepson to be proud of me.
And then it was over. The whole event lasted maybe 1/4 of a second and of course I wasn't injured at all. I was a bit shaken, but mostly I was amazed at how many thoughts had crowded into my mind at the moment I thought I was going to die.

Did surviving the event allow you to make amends with your stepson? Judging by your story I would think that it is something you want to do before you kick the bucket.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I died on October 10Th 2011. I code blued for over four minutes. I felt absolutely nothing.

I think you may be correct on the part where you describe a clock stopping and standing still, but this is for the victim only. Now I did not know how long I was gone for until I came to and the doctors told me so. One second I was sitting up and in the next I was coming to.

I have a theory on the white light phenomena that some people experience when they die and come back.
Now my doctor says I was gone for over four minutes as she beat on my chest to try and get my heart started, I have absolutely no recollection of her doing so, I felt nothing, but before I came to, I saw this said white light and heard a voice saying come back.

I believe that when your dead your dead, as in nothing is operating, no brain function, heart beat, or lung function. The white light In my opinion is your vitals coming back and your brain starting itself again, because I only recall a few short seconds of this white light before I sat up.

So my theory, You feel nothing, everything is stopped, when your body decides to come to, if it does decide to is when you see this white light because your brain is starting up again.

But hey, I am surely no expert, just giving you a vague part of what I experienced.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What a person feels at the moment of death is situational.
Personally I will be excited, finally I get to go home!!!!

PLPL

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

But hey, I am surely no expert, just giving you a vague part of what I experienced.
Thank you for sharing your experience,although we must believe in something or else life on earth would not have been possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
What a person feels at the moment of death is situational.
Personally I will be excited, finally I get to go home!!!!

PLPL

Personally I will be excited, finally I get to go home
I understand your words,many people want to go home..that home where the soul find his peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I would imagine it would feel wet in the front of your pants, and fudgy in the back.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The state of this world currently has me longing for home.
I know there are many of us who feel this way.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My mother passed away a month ago. I was with her and holding her hand. She passed but not so peacefully. I dont know what she felt-it was extremely unpleasant. I do believe that my dad and grandparents were waiting for her.

She was a wonderful woman and I hope that she is not alone.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Diamondsmith I always enjoy reading your threads and this another great one.
I think the sensation we feel when we die would be very similar to falling asleep but only in reverse. From my understanding the falling sensation we experience is our spirit or soul falling back to our body. I'm not religous so don't really think it's a heaven hell sort of thing. But more like our energy returning to the great ebb and flow of energy that permeates our universe. Have experienced the same sensation during deep meditation, but was alot more vivid because it was induced and not just a fluke while falling asleep. The thing that was amazing was the fact how at peace I felt. Everything earthly was left behind in an instant and I honestly didn't want to return to my body. Death really shouldn't be feared... LoL but that was last weeks topic Diamondsmith had brought up so wont go there again.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
'___': The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences is an interesting book, research done into '___' is quite limited. But this is well worth a read, it covers a lot of the experiences that people have when they have near death experiences.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lamonster99

She was a wonderful woman and I hope that she is not alone.
She is not alone because you are thinking to her,and you are not alone because she is thinking to you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I believe that death is a transition into wholeness. I reference the phenomenom of Phantom Feelings, to those who have lost limb(s). The subject retains feelings, though disconnected from the central nervous system renders this impossible, if consideration is taken solely from our mortal dimension. Even when a person dies a seemingly painfull death, our brain is equipt to protect our psyche. I suffered several years of self-loathing when my husband died in 1992. I was with him throughout his struggle to survive cancer and for 8 years, he fought like a champion. When he breathed his last breath, I found myself at the foot of the bed and even rushing onward, in an attempt to leave him. This tormented me for 4 years, then suddenly, as though unsolicited divine understanding was gifted me, I realized that in that moment, my husband was stepping out of his mortality, and for a fleeting moment, my immortal being was trying to follow. Consider the egg and it's respect to it's shell. The shell is the covering that decays. It binds and encapsulates the life of the egg, but when discarded, the fullness of the egg appears.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

I'm not religous
Thank you JAY 1980,my answer is this: if the kingdom of earth belong to our children then there is no kingdom of heaven,how how do you think is this affirmation:true or false!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
When somebody dies well you will never get proof as this is not a thing with solid matter behind.You cant even measure it.But i suggest to read this:

www.virtualsynapses.com...
edit on 5-1-2012 by Gedo:Rinne Tensei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I died from pneumonia, in a hospital, when I was eleven years old and had the whole out-of-body experience right in the presence of a medical staff...

...maybe I will share that on ATS sometime...just not right now... :T

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Text..maybe I will share that on ATS sometime...just not right now... :T
It's OK, when you will feel the time is right .

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I feel like giving a short and sweet response... I would guess Euphoria for those that think they are going to heaven, dread for those that think they are going to hell, Maybe some are relieved they are finally leaving this life, others not. Also there could be curiosity about what comes after this life...I'm pretty sure you could make an argument for just about anything.

We could ask this guy, he died and came back to life:

Michael Wilkinson

Haven't really looked into Lazarus syndrome much and have to go for a while...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Your brain goes into survival mode. I think it will fire all sorts of patterns to get the system going again. I do think there is life after death due to an experience which was not NDE. Ketamine might the interface between here and there. Or not.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Fantastic Thread, really enjoying some peopls accounts of NDE`s.

When I was younger I foolishly decided to take my own life over a girl, I downed over 60 tablets and went to sleep. I know today that I should never have woke up, and whilst I felt some discomfort the day after I was able to make a full recovery without any help aid and assistance. Infact I was out nightclubbing a few days later!

I never told anyone about what happened, but I felt like I had a new lease of life afterwards. I had no experience of a NDE but I really believe I should have died and I must have been given a second chance.

Today I have 5 Wonderful Children and a Fantastic wife, I know someone was either watching over me or I was given a second chance back when I was younger and I am forever thankful for my 2nd chance.

edit on 5-1-2012 by bluloa because: Correction

edit on 5-1-2012 by bluloa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by fiftyfifty

never aware of the moment you fall asleep
You go asleep conscious.

No, sleep is an unconscious state with just the autonomous systems continuing to function. When you sleep, your central nervous system shuts down. There is no conscious feeling of the moment you fall asleep unless you are awoken before the process is well under way.

have you ever heard of lucid dreaming, if you practice hard enough you can go right from a conscious state right into a dreaming state skipping the whole unconscious state. its hard to do i have only done it once

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join