It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
As someone who has died on more then one occasion and came back each and everytime the feeling is euphoric elation! No pain, no worries, no nothing but elation!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I died in 1986 and was gone for 45 minutes. It was just as if I went to sleep. No biggy. I remember everything from the otherside. I was at a much higher conciousness level. That's the best way to describe it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I would think I have a better idea as I died and was brought back to life by paramedics. My mom says the light went out downstairs when I died upstairs. Maybe the clocks stopping is an elecrical effect then. I believe time is relative. An energy discharge interacting with the environment may be what it is. Thats your soul leaving your body. I died from a drug overdose so I dont remember what death was like because I was unconcious. I was found early because of the light going out though. It saved my life and while I dont remember it the experience has changed my life. Wilhelm Reich's "orgone energy" can explain how bio energy can interact with electrical devices. Organic material radiates a mostly unknown energy. This energy is used by cells and other organisms to interact with eachother. Reich demonstrated how the energy could be condensed and cause electro static phenomena. Maybe purgatory is when someone or something traps your soul.
While I can't say that I felt anything at all when I died I felt different afterwards. I've devoted my life to seeking truth and do not fear death. I only fear not accomplishing my goals before I die.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I was involved in an automobile accident where the impact was so great everything seemed like it was going in slow motion. Many peoples who have been lnvoved in serious or devistalting accients don't recall the initial shock or impact. I personally believe our soul leaves our physically body before it experiences the tramatic pain of dying.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Its like taking off a tight shoe you have been wearing for 12 hours.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Seconds before it probably was "Watch this Hold my beer".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Nothing. You cease to feel anything. You are no longer alive to feel. Its not like you can be dead and say "WOW! That REALLY hurt!".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Should we or should we not fear it? That's the question.

If I died and found out that we lived inside a life matrix and that I had just graduated to a new level of being, I'd be grateful. But that's wishful thinking. I think I'll be too dream-like to even know what's happening when I"m dying. I think that it'll happen so fast that, unless doctors are there to give me CPR or something, that I won't be aware of anything. But assuming I am, what dream would I like to have? Oh, I have no idea. Maybe I'll imagine myself out in the universe somewhere. Geordi La Forge and Commander Data will be there with me. We'll be watching a cosmic lightshow unfold around us and making comments about the universe.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Death is official when your heart stops beating. When your heart stops beating, your brain gets deprived of oxygen. Oxygen deprivation leads to brain damage - just like huffing chemicals. I'd imagine you get progressively more and more "high." This would lead to delusions, hallucinations and euphoria. Hence, we have the commonly reported white light, dead relatives, and peacefulness in the form of a "near death experience."

I thought death was official when there is no longer neuro functions in the brain.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Probably that sudden "falling down" feeling that occurs sometimes when you sleep, but if going to the heavens, feeling as if you're rocketing up?

I believe in some form of existence after death, but it becomes hard to keep the belief when hearing about NDE's.

Some say they saw Jesus or God and spoke with Him. But I don't think Jesus or God would appear as how we THINK they look like, so that doesn't make sense to me. Or how people remain human like and can understand each other.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'd like to share some thoughts on the chemical explanation.

If you say "it's just chemicals" do you not implement that you think there is something higher then those chemicals?
It's not the chemicals I mind, it's the general idea of "nothing more then..." We are chemicals. Matter forged and molded by by the laws of the universe into creatures that are able to think about themselves and the universe. What we are is in fact the universe, thinking about itself.

Saying about near death experiences that it's all chemicals doesn't work because many people who had them seem to be very lucid at that moment. At the same time their experience is often 'tainted' by their beliefs, some see angels or their favorite rockstar, a room, a field.....Almost as if a world is created that they can understand.

If we spend our last moments in somekind of virtual world, then that experience is real, it doesn't make it any less importand by saying "it's just chemicals" You could say the same about every day in your life : "Don't mind what I say, it's just some chemicals" or "That wasn't me yesterday, it was alcohol who told those stupid jokes"

What scares me most is non-existance, because the thought of that makes life seem so meaningless, futile. I think relegions were invented to cope with those thoughts.
I'm afraid my last thoughts will be...What's going to happen now?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When you heart stops beating an obvious result will be a lack of blood reaching your brain. Without a constant blood flow and with a stop period of 10 - 15 seconds your brain activity will cease. There are a number of people who have been and continue to be resuscitated during this period of no brain activity (clinically dead).
During this inactive period, your brain cells will enter a state where they are attempting to keep themselves alive. This is where brain damage occurs - brain cells gradually change over time spent "dead". This frenzied activity of your brain cells may cause very realistic hallucinations.
The last circumstances known to yourself are still a vivid part of your short term memory (often this is being in a hospital) and are stored in the pre-frontal lobe. The most thought about aspects of your life, the most prominent things which you automatically think about on a daily basis occupy the hippocampus which is responsible for your long term memory. Being that the brain in it's entirety is in this frenzy to stay alive it is not unreasonable to say that information stored in these two areas will randomly be interacting with the other parts of the brain; the visual cortex, the auditory cortex and the amygdala (responsible for emotions) are just to name a few.

So for an example situation; a deeply religious or perhaps even deeply atheistic person will have aspects of whatever religion they do or don't believe in respectively, "hard coded" into the hippocampus. The last known memories of their consciousness were those of being in a hospital, this is stored in the pre-frontal lobe. What takes place in a hospital, in that persons memory (the hippocampus again) is also a part of their knowledge gained throughout life (most of us know that people go on an operating table under anasthetic, there are doctors, there are usually bright lights in the operating rooms and hospital corridors).

In conclusion - it is not entirely implausible to theorize that when a person says they saw a bright light or saw them-self on an operating table or heard a voice or saw a distant relative, that what they are experiencing is merely a hallucination brought on by the random interaction of the brain's different sections during a frenzy in which the cells are trying to stay alive due to a lack of blood flow.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Only the fully dead and gone can know for sure, those of us among the living are left behind with only memories, faith and hope.... Some have questions and doubts, Is there life after death? When the death involves someone close to you, and you witness it, the emotions are incredibly powerful... Even more so, when someone dies at a relatively young age.

I watched someone die, in a hospital bed, someone close, someone I loved... And I am sure of only a few things, in the end it was painful for her, and the last moments she went from clinging desperately to life to letting go, with a gasp and then a slight smile, that still haunts me.

Some time later I heard this song and it captured those emotions quite well...

Death isn't meant to be easy to explain, or to deal with, it is either the end, or the beginning... Perhaps both.

Only one way to know for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Miyuki

Probably true.

But hard to accept. People want to feel special. We want life to feel special.

I think death will be mostly uneventful and happen fast.

So live while you can. There's no reason to fear death. It will be just a dream.

My mom died when I was young. I remember seeing her sitting there, lifeless.

Like most others, I have seen relatives pass on. Remember them when they were alive.

What must it be like for those who work at hospitals and see death every day?
edit on 4-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

That is why we must never ever leave this earth with unfinished business.

I THINK THAT ISSUE MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN WHAT FOLKS FEEL AT THE MOMENT OF DEATH.

I think that's one of the most priceless msgs of this thread.

Folks simply don't realize that eternal issues are lurking close at hand 24/7/365.

None of us has a promise of another day or even another hour.

WISDOM as well as loving thoughtfulness keeps short accounts and works earnestly to be clear with all the people in our lives--PARTICULARLY THOSE CLOSE TO US WE LOVE AND CARE ABOUT.

I work earnestly to avoid any lingering uncleared up communications, feelings, etc. I insure that I've forgiven everyone about as quickly as an issue comes up.

I work earnestly to let everyone know I care for them, love them, want what's best for them.

I work earnestly to truly do unto others . . .

I don't want any unfinished business hindering my graduation from this life in the least.

I particularly don't want any unfinished business between God and I.

I believe that folks who have done the GREAT WORK OF LIVING are ready much more calmly and serenly for the GREAT WORK OF DYING, GRADUATING.

edit on 4/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: forgot part

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

IIRC, Colton didn't feel any pain.

One moment he was in great pain, fear and suffering.

The next moment he was on God's lap, IIRC.

It was a night and day difference for him. One from terror and pain to sheer joy, ecstasy, intimacy with God. fun, curiosity being grandly met etc.

Colton knew things there was no other explanation for.

He met his dad's grandfather. They showed him pics of his great grandfather say the last years of his great grandfather's life. Colton didn't recognize that man. They showed him unlabeled, pics of his grandfather about 29 or 30 years old. Colton recognized that man as "Pops." Even the name "Pops" Colton had no knowledge of as the great grandfather was not talked about the first 4 years of Colton's life.

Colton knew of his older sister. There was no way anyone could have talked about her. The parents did not even know the stillborn child was a girl. They certainly did not know she looked like the mother with the mother's brown hair. All the other kids had dad's blond hair and looked like him.

Then there was the painting of THE PRINCE OF PEACE by Akeana sp? Colton's folks had shown him many dozens of pics of Jesus--paintings etc. and Colton always said none of them looked accurate. Until he was shown the one painted by a child prodegy who'd also been to Heaven many times even though she was raised in an Atheist home. That one Colton got real still and quiet looking at it and said quietly: THAT ONE'S RIGHT.

There were also many other things that Colton knew that were Biblically accurate though NO ONE HAD EVER TALKED TO HIM about those things.

edit on 4/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: left part out.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'll add my experience of death, to further prove that there is no single feeling we will all experience. As a child, I drowned in a river. I was dead for several minutes (confirmed by medical responders). As I was in the water, I completely accepted the fact that I was drowning. The river had strong currents and I was not a good swimmer, so I didn't really have a chance anyway, but I felt no need to struggle (this part of the event still bothers me, as I was not a suicidal child). It felt completely peaceful and quiet, the most profound stillness you can imagine. I understand when people say they wanted to stay there. I felt no pain, not even slight discomfort. But nothing "active" happened, either. It was like being suspended in an empty space, nothing touching me, no sounds to distract me. I saw my body floating in the water (I seemed to watch from the side), and I felt like I was observing another person. It's strange to explain, but I felt that the body I saw wasn't me. It was almost like, "Hmm...she looks very interesting." I felt that way until I came back into my body, at which point I felt utter terror and severe pain. It was a very unpleasant wake-up call.

I didn't see any spirits. Nothing spoke to me, and I saw no bright lights. It was just stillness. Perhaps I would've seen more if I had been dead for a little longer, though I fear that would've been an experience I wouldn't return from.

Edit to add: I was not religious. I think this might have some effect on what we experience at death. I have heard many accounts by Christians who experienced heaven, angels, etc., and Buddhists who believed they were experiencing the Bardo (part of their afterlife), and agnostics who felt just a different kind of energy, a peacefulness. I think our expectations play some role in our experience of death, though I'm obviously not sure of how.
edit on 5/1/12 by paperplanes because: /

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by BO XIAN

I don't understand your sentence
Which one of them?

FEAR--EXTREME TERROR

That is all the people are afraid of,those who realize their sins are the road to hell, those are the happy one

That one. I really don't understand what you're saying.

I would like to understand.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have had dreams where I am flying so high I leave the earth and can not get back down. I hope it is not like that.
I do feel it will be like tripping. You will just kinda fall into it. Slip rite out of this reality into a different one and you will realize it after it happens.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join