It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
we will all find out one day

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neotech1neothink

I stake my life on it! - I would not kid you on such a serious topic as this!
Thank you for your kind thought,I am sure you speak the truth,but you should't stake your life,there are more serious things to stake something,as about the feeling at the exact moment of death,yes is true,but the way we die comes in many shapes as we are humans with many shapes and colors on this planet,sorry but you are the seeker of the truth and I wouldn't dare to contradict you,I think you use words of wisdom,and you are to kind,a real smart person.Thank you again.

edit on 4-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: r

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by guitarplayer

I do not understand what you mean. Are you saying that a personal belief in the hereafter does not affect the way a person faces death?
I mean that no matter who we are, or what religion we have ,we all die in the same way.

that is true when we die we die pyhicaly, but we die with different expectaions of what happens after the physical death.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower

I don't think 100 years of life is enough, I don't think 300 years is enough.
When death comes knocking on my door I will be waiting for him.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
reply to post by diamondsmith

When you are dying your brain will flood itself with Dimethylterephthalate.

Umm that's 'Dimethyltryptamine' friend, Dimethylterephthalate is a different '___'.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

There's no scientific study that even concludes that '___' is released at death or dreaming. It's an urban legend of sorts.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Joy, confusion, and a feeling of going home... but dont believe me, you too will understand*

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Wow, Diamond. Talk about a thought provoking one. My personal experience with death where I would have seen anything, were in medical environments where drugs and other things probably over-rode anything else that would have been naturally experienced.

Now I read you to be asking opinions on that moment of death...not what comes after. It's my belief that in the moments leading to death, our system is probably flooded by the Brain's own form of pain killer in hormones and chemicals. Kinda like the shock from a major trauma. I've had a couple, and I'm sure everyone who've suffered major injury can relate to the total lack of any pain for a surprisingly long period of time. The worse the injury in my past mishaps, the longer and more overwhelming that has been. I'm going with the thought our own mind would remove all pain when pain no longer serves any purpose in messaging the brain with anything relevant.

To my own belief system and Faith, I believe the final instant is probably a flash of energy and transition of awareness from physical to astral....and I'll leave it there since I didn't read your OP to be asking that LOOONG subject which follows.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post byWrabbit2000

To my own belief system and Faith, I believe the final instant is probably a flash of energy and transition of awareness from physical to astral
Thank you Wrabbit2000 maybe it's a flash of energy as you say,maybe we don't feel any pain after that but we will know only in that moment.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I know that mate, doesn't change the fact that he was referring to the wrong substance.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Death is official when your heart stops beating. When your heart stops beating, your brain gets deprived of oxygen. Oxygen deprivation leads to brain damage - just like huffing chemicals. I'd imagine you get progressively more and more "high." This would lead to delusions, hallucinations and euphoria. Hence, we have the commonly reported white light, dead relatives, and peacefulness in the form of a "near death experience."

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Yer it really makes sense that as brain function declines a person's perception gets more vivid and complex hurrrrrrr.
edit on 4-1-2012 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemysenior
Joy, confusion, and a feeling of going home... but dont believe me, you too will understand*
I tend to believe you,joy and confusion together IS the sensation of going home.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
But before we find out we could make an idea about what we feel in the exact moment of death.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

I'd imagine you get progressively more and more "high." This would lead to delusions, hallucinations and euphoria
Depends how fast is coming,the sensation will be the same no matter the way we die.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I felt like I met God or something.The whole time I was there I was forced to look at myself and all the walls I've made around myself, how I was scared to be me. How for a large part my life I've been someone who I'm not meant to be. I came out of it a much different person.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Death is official when your heart stops beating. When your heart stops beating, your brain gets deprived of oxygen. Oxygen deprivation leads to brain damage - just like huffing chemicals. I'd imagine you get progressively more and more "high." This would lead to delusions, hallucinations and euphoria. Hence, we have the commonly reported white light, dead relatives, and peacefulness in the form of a "near death experience."

If all this is causes by lack of oxygen then how is it that they have weighed bodies that were alive and right after death they do not weigh the same which some conclude is evidence for the weight of the soul?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My mother died while on life support, I was about to "pull the plug" per say. The expression on her face was one of relief or elation if I may say so. After that, everything just went limp, except that damn pump that moved her chest up and down.

That image will be burned into my brain forever. She found some sort of "peace" at her moment of death. (BTW, I am NOT religious in any way, shape or form."

Her PEACE is what gets me through day by day.

Just wanted to throw my experience in there.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
my apologies for not reading all posts, but I had to post what my French bosses used to call the "little death" when referring to orgasims. apparently death feels like that. ? just relaying.

edit on 1/4/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I came out of it a much different person
You should Joy,because such an experience will give you an improved healthy mind,as we all have here,that's why you will live longer,then average people before you will meet again the bright star like object and there we all will beckon together in the light.As you said "all is one but one is not all".

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join