It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In those seconds or minutes of agony,as a personal experience that all of us will have at one moment in time.
The passing by in the other world it's a personal experience with no testimony to describe the exact feeling of that moment.
We all are afraid of that moment that sooner or later will come.The problem is how we are facing that moment.
There are testimonies of different phenomena that occur when someone dies, like a clock that is stopping at the exact moment of death.
But why a clock would stop and what is the relation between the person who dies and time!
Could be a proof of the feeling that he has in the exact moment of death?Could be a message?
Death may be a discharge body energy so strong that interact with the environment.
For example, if a person dies at 12, maybe this means that 12,000 years will be in purgatory.
And why agony?A proof of they way we live here on earth?

Maybe you have a better idea of what a person feels in the exact moment of death!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Perhaps people experience deja vu?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Perhaps people experience deja vu?
What is a deja vu inyour opinion,in this matter?
edit on 4-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: in

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Interesting question. I don't think they would feel anything, in my opinion

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrotherJohn
Interesting question. I don't think they would feel anything, in my opinion
That will be great but I think they feel something and that is a unique feeling, a life time one.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'd imagine it would vary depending on the kind of death. I've seen people die of Cancer and unfortunately, I don't think they had any idea what was going on in the final moments. I think they were probably dreaming/ daydreaming or the equivalent of in the moments leading up to that final moment.

In an accidental death, I think that once the body starts shutting down, the pain and the confusion would override any rational thoughts.

My opinion is that at the moment of death in any event, we are completely unaware and unable to 'think' while our brain is concentrating all of it's energy on regaining control or shutting down all the major organs.
edit on 4-1-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

My opinion is that at the moment of death in any event, we are completely unaware and unable to 'think' while our brain is concentrating all of it's energy on regaining control or shutting down all the major organs.
But there must be a kind of consciousness of the moment of death.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

But there must be a kind of consciousness of the moment of death.

Not necessarily. I found this that may help give you an idea...

The human brain is a self monitored organ that keeps the body in constant homeostasis. Whenever the body receives a stimulant that may cause intense pain or pleasure, the brain will respond by temporarily disabling the central nervous system thus causing a person to go into somewhat of a temporary coma. The more your nervous system withstand the outer stimulant, the more likely it will get permanently damaged. Thus like an cinematic alarm system, the brain will locked down the body so that the nervous system is not damaged.

uk.answers.yahoo

With this in mind, when you die, you will already be unconscious. Your brain will shut down the central nervous system causing a loss of consciousness before the actual moment of death.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 5/1/12 by argentus because: added ex tags and source

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

With this in mind, when you die, you will already be unconscious. Your brain will shut down the central nervous system causing a loss of consciousness before the actual moment of death.
Sorry but I cannot believe this there must be a feeling in that exact moment.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Sorry but I cannot believe this there must be a feeling in that exact moment.

What's so hard to believe? I personally think this is a good thing. Why would you want to experience that very moment your life is slipping away? You are never aware of the moment you fall asleep so why would death be any different?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

never aware of the moment you fall asleep
You go asleep conscious.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well you feel bliss, you are let go from the chains and shackles of a physical body, and go back into the ether.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Changetwothousandtwelve

and go back into the ether.
I think you are referring to the multiple multiple levels of existence of the spirit.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
imo, humans probably feel every human emotion all at once at their final moment, whether those witnessing the death are aware of the gambit of emotions going thru them. I would think the conscious and unconscious aspect of our souls would be happy, sad, scared, etc.. at the exact final moment of death. Or they could just feel "nothing" as in nothing different at all from whatever existing fears/anger/happiness or sadness they may have had before succumbing.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You go asleep conscious.

No, sleep is an unconscious state with just the autonomous systems continuing to function. When you sleep, your central nervous system shuts down. There is no conscious feeling of the moment you fall asleep unless you are awoken before the process is well under way.

Edit to add - My Uncle was in a motorcycle accident several years back and 'died' at the scene 3 times and once in the ambulance. On asking him what it was like, he told me he can't remember anything about it. No OBE's or lights etc. This may be an extreme example as it was a major trauma which I imagine caused immediate unconsciousness. He's fine now by the way, bleeps a lot at airports though

edit on 4-1-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

You go asleep conscious.

No, sleep is an unconscious state with just the autonomous systems continuing to function. When you sleep, your central nervous system shuts down. There is no conscious feeling of the moment you fall asleep unless you are awoken before the process is well under way.
I think there is a big difference between the exact moment of death and falling asleep.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

You go asleep conscious.

I think there is a big difference between the exact moment of death and falling asleep.

Well you came here asking for opinions and you seem to be rejecting every one. Maybe you are looking for more points rather than a meaningful discussion. What is your opinion on the subject?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

What is your opinion on the subjec
If that moment could be described maybe we wont be so afraid of death,that is what I look to find,and I respect your opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There are countless reports of Life after Death experiences that detail what is experienced at the moment of passing.

First is the release. The soul is released from it confines of the body container. A sense of no more pain, no more confinement engulfs the soul.

Next is reported the continued vision of this realm, as the passing commences. An ever brightening light morphing into a tunnel breaks the veil into this existence where appears recognizable persons who beckon you to enter in.

This vision is then replaced with the life review, where you experience the first person sensation of the hurt or the joy you have inflicted on others though out your life. Are you going to be able to forgive yourself for the transgressions you have perpetrated on others in this life ? Prepare yourself to do just that.

Then comes the Bliss. You experience the community of souls, each soul separate, but connected to One. Immersed into Love as never could be imagined on the mortal plain.

No reports of what occurs after the Bliss.

Some souls are “sent back” at this point, others remain, but no reports of the experience past this point.

The report of the souls returned to their body at this point is summed up with two thoughts.

Slammed back into the body container then Pain. An overwhelming feeling of disappointment from removal from the Bliss.

But as this plain of existence takes back control the remembrance of what had just occurred solidifies and becomes in some the most profound life changing event.

Some experiences’ report a very different experience. A story of what we term as Hell unfolds, but that is for another reply.

Later.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

What is your opinion on the subjec
If that moment could be described maybe we wont be so afraid of death,that is what I look to find,and I respect your opinion.

Are you afraid of death? I've always said that I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of dying.

There is no point being afraid of death because every single one of us will experience without any doubt. The way we die is the worrying part. It's similar for people afraid of flying. Are they afraid of flying or afraid of crashing?

Once you learn to accept that death is not something to be scared of and accept the two possibilities of what happens after death, I believe you will find it much easier to deal with. The two possibilities after death are;
1) absolutely nothing - We are dead and that's it. Nothing to fear as we cease to exist and feel no emotions.
2) there is life after death in which case, dying wasn't so bad after all. I live as a good person so if there was a hell, I'm sure I will have dodged it. (the joy of being agnostic)

The difficulty is dealing with how you may die but why live your whole life worrying about that? Put it to the back of your mind and enjoy life for what it is or can be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join