It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Political Threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
At the time of writing this, every thread in the most flagged section (bar one about reporting a child molester) is about US politics.. And no surprise that Ron Paul threads take up most of them..

This is slightly frustrating! and surely it cant only be me that feels this way. It has been a common theme here for a while now and seems to be getting worse.. Every day is a constant flow of this stuff. I mean seriously how much can honestly be said about Ron Paul? surely his whole life story and then some, has had a thread about it already?

I fully understand it is important to many members and they want to discuss theses elections but its getting ridiculous now..

This is a conspiracy and alternative news website (the reason i frequent) But it just seems to be a political forum of late.. It is now January and the election being in November I can see this increasing 10 fold.. And we will soon be discovering what Ron Paul has for breakfast and what time he takes a crap everyday!!!

Rant over......

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It will be this way until the elections are over, unfortunately. The funny thing, is that there shouldn't be this much interest. It's all political banter and talking points...

In other words, the very reaction to MSM coverage on political campaigns, is what a lot of people here claim they want to get away from. But alas...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
...This is a conspiracy and alternative news website (the reason i frequent) But it just seems to be a political forum of late.. It is now January and the election being in November I can see this increasing 10 fold.. And we will soon be discovering what Ron Paul has for breakfast and what time he takes a crap everyday!!!

Rant over......

I for one agree with you, but I guess it's just what everyone is paying most attention to right now. Unfortunately for some of us.

Granted, many of the RP threads have a conspiracy undertone to them, CNN cutting him off, news channels not showing his speeches and what not.

Oh and wait till tomorrow when 20 or so threads about voter fraud pop up since he lost the Iowa vote.

At any rate, I feel you, and I eagerly wait to pounce on any REAL conspiracy thread to pop up between the political madness ones.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Granted, many of the RP threads have a conspiracy undertone to them, CNN cutting him off, news channels not showing his speeches and what not.

Maybe all these incidents could be covered in one 'mega' thread?

Also not long ago saw two threads together.. one was basically saying Ron Paul was racist... The other was saying he wasn't.. Surely this debate could be covered in just one thread?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I understand that Ron Paul doesn't get a fair voice in the media and I welcome them threads which show the manipulation.

But. .

I think users need to knock it down a notch and realize that this site isn't here to advertise your political candidate.

Take for example, threads like these which i think should stay on other sites, not a Conspiracy / Alternative news site:

Glenn Bekk Finally Supports Ron Paul
Ron Paul from black perspective
Kelly Clarkson tweest her support for Ron to 1million fans
3 reasons why Ron Paul wont be president

And much much more. . .

Im not saying these are bad threads, but they dont belong on a site that is based around conspiracy.

I support Ron Paul and im from England, i hope he wins and wish his voters the best of luck - but please guys, give it a break. Go support him on boards which are not filled with Pro Ron Paul, please - he needs that support.

When anything negative comes up about him in here about him lying or the media lying, post there - dont make a new thread to show a certain perspective, please.

The past 2 month on ATS my experience has been pretty dull due to the amount of Ron Paul threads. .

Not everybody on here's American. .
edit on 4-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I dont mind the political stuff and the ron paul stuff.

What I dont like is all the religious gibberish, I got nothing against religious people, but when they start gibbering away and bible thumping like the space pope on here thats too much. There are religious sites where they can do that. If i want to hear that kind of BS I can go to church.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

In other words, the very reaction to MSM coverage on political campaigns, is what a lot of people here claim they want to get away from. But alas...

Ironic isnt it..? especially when many of these threads take the same route as the MSM articles..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Anyone who's been a regular campaign contributor knows you're fair game for telephone campaign marketing. After the intense elections and phone calls surrounding November 2010, I knew the next presidential campaign was going to be the most hyped, marketing campaign from Hell. So I had my home phone disconnected just for that reason! Couldn't take it any more! LOL!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
I dont mind the political stuff and the ron paul stuff.

What I dont like is all the religious gibberish, I got nothing against religious people, but when they start gibbering away and bible thumping like the space pope on here thats too much. There are religious sites where they can do that. If i want to hear that kind of BS I can go to church.

Thats my point... If almost every thread that passed through here was 'religious gibberish' would you continue to use this site?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

You make a very good point..
and have kind of said exactly what i wanted to but in a better way..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I think you said it pretty well n00bUK, many here support him, I do as well and I am from Canada and share your wishes for his victory.

But, you are absolutely right in saying that the sites and articles that bash him is where the support needs to be directed.
Spread his word and your support to places he has none, or little. Everyone here is pretty well aware of him and needn't look far for good or bad stories about him.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

The political threads dont insult me, they can be ignored, but threads that say Im going to hell are different, where I go and what I do in this life and the next is up to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
You think its bad now just wait till the end of the year when we will be wishing the boards are filled up with US political stuff and not "The end of the world is here" threads, It is either one or the other at the mo...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
You think its bad now just wait till the end of the year when we will be wishing the boards are filled up with US political stuff and not "The end of the world is here" threads, It is either one or the other at the mo...

U.S Politics don't affect me at all.... and I don't belive the world is going to end this year.. uh oh. I think I'll spend the rest of this year below 'top secret'.
This website confuses me sometimes

Nice rant OP, I've also been wanting to try and remind some users that this is a global website. I get frustrated when single-lined youtube posts are allowed for Ron Paul when it is clearly against T&C. But i've been too scared to say something in case I'm accused of being 'left-wing' or 'right-wing'. Haha, I'm not even American.

S+F

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Few are not understanding this thread. .

We can all imagine what its going to be like at the middle of the politician race, yes. .which is the main focus of this thread. If we're at the very start/build up and we're seeing this amount of threads fill up the boards, its only going to get worse.

Misterlondon has done a good job bringing this to our attention, and im sure our American friends can understand that these are not political forums - Its Conspiracy/Alternative news and unfortunately over the past few month, it has slipped into a political based forum, which not only turns users away but it also stops other people from joining through only seeing polical madness - most of which is dealt with in the main stream media.

I really hope the mods look at this and really think about closing the threads as soon as they open. .

Like i said above

I oppose of
Ron can win even if he finishes 3rd
So you think you know Iowa

But i agree with threads such as:
Chris Wallace asks Ron Paul an extremly weird question about aids
US Soldie Ron paul supporter cut off from CNN

I hope the mods can see where we're coming from. It might even be the case where casual political threads do not come up on the new threads or some sort of block.

I think this political madness phase is scaring new and old members

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yep, way to much politics on this site. I don't go into the threads but I can see them dotted everywhere. Unless it's conpiracy related this site should have nothing to do with politics.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
USA now has the most tyrannical, totalitarian, fascist govt in its history and its set to get worse. If USA is taken down we are next. Today USA tomorrow the world.

There are some posts in other sections dealing with other things that are just as stupid as some of the political posts.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Star and flag (easiest ones today!).

Nothing against Ron Paul or US Politics but does almost every New Topic have to about them?

It will just get sillier and sillier as the campaign trail proceeds too - "Ron Paul endorses Cheerios" thread, "No he doesn't, he endorses Frosties" thread, etc etc.

Im hoping the Mods get their acts together on this topic. I like the idea of a super thread, ala earthquakes and volcanoes.....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Was the same with the pro and anti Obama threads a few years back... :shk:

It was all "Obama is the anti-christ mentioned by Nostradamus" and "Obama is Jesus reincarnated"

It was just insane.... you couldn't move on the site for Obama crap.

Now It's Ron Paul.

But the problem is it's just all the same crap over and over again.

ATS has essentially become a MSM site and it gets CRAZY when It's election time.

We brits are as political as anyone but we have far less threads when it's election time and It's mostly us moaning about how crap they all are how they're as bad as each other and it doesn't really matter who gets in.

Americans seem to think that somehow voting in Ron Paul or Obama or whoever, is actually going to make a difference so they must churn out 10,000 new threads a day hoping to convince others

I just don't get it?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have to agree with op. I was surprised to hear the election is in November! So we still have another 11 months of this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join