It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man beaten to death after hugging a cop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

CW, are you a cop? I've got two friends who are cops, ones a real good guy and the other.....well, not so good. So then from what I see its 50/50 good vs bad and unfortunately the cops that kill and ruin lives by planting evidence have a much more powerful impact on we the people than the ones who pay for the kids burger at McD's.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Cops; when you have only seconds to live, they are only minutes away.

Nah! Got no use for the bastards in blue - a bunch of self-serving military reject revenue collectors. I already have what I need to stay safe... a CCP and a Sig P239 in .40S&W.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

Who walks up and tries to hug a cop?
Stupid.

Did he deserve to get knocked around for such stupidity? Absolutely. Deserve to die? No .. if all he was doing was really hugging .. but I cannot see how the female cop was able to kill the man by beating? He's a big guy .. seems like something is missing.

Reminds me of a time I was downtown and someone was getting arrested after a fight .. before he was handcuffed he pushed the cops horse's face away from him .. never seen a club materialize as fast as that cop pulled it and took the guy down in one hit. Don't touch cops. Don't touch their dogs. Don't touch their horses. And certainly don't try and "hug" them?
edit on 1/4/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The story is that he thought the female cop was a relative, so that's why he hugged her.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

Even if he was just trying to get a little squeeze from the female officer it was not a capital crime. The police should know that multiple blows to the head can be fatal. He was arrested and this happened in their custody. The family should sue for wrongful death and those involved in the beating should be fired from the police force.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
How can anyone pre judge a cop's reaction. I feel very sorry for the dead man & his family. I pray that they can find peace soon. I have been on the wrong side of the law as a youth. But I have lived my adult life for God/country/family..... If a strange Big man came up to me and huged me, without any warning why. My first reaction would be to use "any & all" means at my disposal to fend him off of me & to make sure he could not case me further danger to my safty. I have been a victim of violence in my life. Too many times. I have learned if you do not totaly disalble your attacker as fast & as hard as you can. Then you are/will be hurt very badly or killed. If he were to go up to a strang dog & hud the dog. HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BITEN OR WORSE! This is a SAD mistake. Remember when you need help and/or you are in trouble the "Police" are the first & mainy the only ones who come to help you. And you are nothing but a stranger to them. They don't know if you are setting them up to be killed. Before you can criticize your fellow man. Try walking in his or her shoes for awhile.
God Bless all !

PEACE DON'T JUST LIVE IT SPREAD IT !
BUT BE READY TO DEFEND IT !
WITH HONOR !

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Man that's a touchy situation I'm not too familiar with. How does a government hold another government accountable for crimes committed against its citizens? Iraq couldn't do it to the U.S. during its occupation there. I can't think of any effective way that would be fair and not exclude 3rd world country's. idea's anyone?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join