It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man beaten to death after hugging a cop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted after a search so here it is... sorry if it is a repost

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You can't show love to someone who doesn't know what love is. (ie-pig scum) I'm not supprised this poor man was killed. Poor poor copper, being hugged by someone, that's just terrible. What is the world coming to when someone wants to show love. Just goes to show, have NO interaction with the police unless you really really have to. They are not here to protect you.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

It would have been bad enough that they beat him, but they killed him

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Don't worry, I'm sure someone will come along soon and say how the cops were totally justified in killing him. Probably using some twisted ass legalise to say that if you come within 15 foot of a cop they can legally kill you for the lulz.

A friend of mine nearly got arrested for trying to shake the hand of a pig who had helped him regain consciousness (after falling over drunk nad hitting his head) He just wanted to say thank you, but the pig got all "personal spacey" and I had to tell him that you can't treat cops as people, as they're not.
edit on 4/1/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Unless there is a contagion spreading around, I would not recommend trusting someone who won't even shake your hand. I believe someone has said that before but not sure who.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yep, and i bet the police get away with it, if someone died in my basement I would be charged with murder, whats the difference? Nearly every damn day we see things like this. The police are so damn corrupt its ridiculas.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
His death is a tragedy but, I am reserving judgement until more information comes out about this.

There a few things that just don't sound right about what happened.

1. Sounds unlikely that a female cop could simply beat this large man to death.

2. Why would she react this way if it was a misunderstanding?
I could understand if she had drawn a firearm and shot him before she realized that he meant no harm, but it
was blunt object or a baton of some sort, I would think that the time it took to deploy its use the situation would
have been defused.

edit on 4-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I can kind of see why she would of hit him a little, if cop thought she's being attacked, because if he had hugged her from behind and she didn't see it coming, To Maybe throw him off her self in the situation i described. But that was way too much over kill. They didn't need to beat the guy. I could seen a few punches but this was extreme. If she saw him approaching with a hug she by no means needed to do that damage to the poor guy. Why do some cops make such bad judgements? Common sense though, don't approach/involve police unless the situation dictates it. I hope the family wins that case
edit on 4-1-2012 by sladewilson because: Grammer

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This is just terrible..... I'd give you a hug back.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
how can you mistake a police officer with an old family friend? is the old family friend a police woman? was the police woman not wearing a uniform? there's alot of questions so I too will hold judgement
also before you approach police in a way that could be mistaken as aggression you have to put yourselves into their shoes. There's alot of cases were police get attacked by surprise by no reason at all
One friend told me of a case were a police officer got shot just from pulling a car over
so you have to understand that they are trained to be on guard at all times
when they train them in the academy they are told all these horror stories and are thought to be always alert

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Terrible and predictable. I was taught by my parents." DON'T EVEN TALK TO THE POLICE!" It lessons your risk of being fitted up for a crime or from simply having your head kicked in for fun and recreation. Most police are liars at best.
I recently had an 800 fine for having my uninsured car parked on the public highway.
Except the car was parked on private land, Local police do not like me as i stand up to them when i can.
They said my car was on the road 1'5 miles from where it really was. But it's my word against them. and they are the law.
If I refuse to pay the bill goes up till they take my land.
# the police.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I got the impression from the video that is wasn't the woman he hugged that did this. They said he was arrested, so maybe this happened later, like in the cells?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

this is also the impression I got, it looks like he was arrested and then taken to the station where he was beaten to death by "protectors"

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The officers are being charged with manslaughter and are in jail:
news.nationalpost.com...

The three officers, along with officers Edward Gibson and Ruddy Felix, made a preliminary appearance before the St. George’s Magistrate Court on Tuesday morning. They were remanded back to jail pending further court proceedings.
All five are charged with manslaughter in the death of Bartholomew, whose family alleges he was beaten by police on Boxing Day. He died a day later in hospital.
If found guilty, the officers could face anything from a fine to a maximum of 15 years in prison.
Although he wasn’t aware of their exact ages, Hood said his three clients are all in their 20s or very early 30s. Hazzard, the youngest of the accused officers, is just a few weeks out of police school, Hood said.

These guys are going to be made an example of because of the damage its done to their tourist industry.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Here's some more "pig-scum" for you to lap up...

news.sky.com...

www.heraldsun.com.au...

What scum!

Your blind hate makes you no better than those cops in the OP.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Here's some more "pig-scum" for you to lap up...

news.sky.com...

www.heraldsun.com.au...

What scum!

Your blind hate makes you no better than those cops in the OP.

:shk:
Oh no, some cops actually did their job!! (I am aghast) I wonder how many people they've beaten, though. How many "on the spot" fines they've handed out to collect the revenue for the investors. How many laws they break on a daily basis, just becasue they can. My "blind hate" has ground roots which run deep. Yes, I do hate cops, with a passion unrivalled. But that's becasue they strutt around and hold themselves above the laws they are alleged to uphold. Becasue they treat people like dirt, and think that they are better than them. (when we now know that cops have a low IQ, they only hire the thickies becasue they'll follow any order without question, no matter how wrong it is) I can't respect that,and I'll never respect any of the filth who daily, break laws, and oppress people. Never.

and edit to add- If you think I'm as bad as cops who kill, becasue I hate cops who kill, beat, criminalise as much of society as they can, for profit, then I must be. That's right, I am as bad as killers, becasue I hate those who kill. Makes loads of sense does that.
edit on 4/1/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Oh you are precious.

Yeah there are bad cops.

And the muppets lap up the negative media about them and ignore anything positive, they even go as far as to piss all over the good ones too....despicable.

BS current affairs shows do that all the time.

Good to see the levels of intelligence we're dealing here.

edit on 4/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am precious actually, my mummy told me

And yes, there apparently are good cops, possibly in another dimension, somewhere. But until those "good cops" stand up and be counted, and not just by their actions toward the public, but against the actions of the bad cops, then they are just as bad. As they still uphold the "law" of goverment, which is directly against the people. The goverment use the police to keep people oppressed, the police are a tool of the state. They are an extended arm of evil, sent to "save us" from ourselves, becasue we're all so thick we don't know how to work without them. The police are here now to create criminals where there are none. They are here to vilify as much of the population as possible, to raise monies for the investors of the police. Think about it, nobody with any brains, makes an investment if their not going to make a profit, and that makes policing for profit, which goes against everything the police are for. You can't hold a price against crime. Crime is crime, if it is commited, then arrest the perps. But that is not what the police are there to do. They are there to ensure that EVERYONE is a criminal, in some way shape or form. Becasue the public are nothing more than cash cows to the investors. That is what I am, and that is what you are too. If youthink that this is how policing should work, then you are one troubled individual.

And the police lap it up, aslong as they get to mess with people, get to beat them, get to treat people like sh##. then they're happy. These are people who aren't intelligent enough to realise that the laws they are supposedly upholding, are wrong. These are people who do not even know the difference between right and wrong, because they don't need to know that difference. Becasue they are told what is right, and what is wrong. The only problem with that is, no matter what they are told, they will hold that as gospel, becasuse they are not bright enough to know that what they are doing is wrong. I have no faith in these people. I know that if a memo went around, telling the police that the laws have been changed, and they now have to go around and shoot, point blank range in the head, all babies under 6 months old.Then they'd do just that, becasue that is what they have been told to do. Becasue they do not have the brains to distinguish between right and wrong. OK, I'm using an extreme to make a point, but my point still stands. These "people" will follow any order, like the army, without question, becasue they do not have the brains to question authority.

And that is why you get cops who willingly, and happily beat people to death. Becasue they are people with NO social conscience, and NO morals. People who are too dense to work out that what they do is wrong, too thick to work out that oppressing people is a bad thing. They are not there to protect us. They are there to use the public as they please, to rasie money for the investors.

I do not want a world without the police. I'm not stupid. I know that there are people outthere who wish others harm, and those people need to be brought to justice. And if that is what the police did, then I'd love them with all of my heart. But they don't. They follow laws against those they are ment to protect, blindly and without question. They harrass the public, becasue they have quotas to meet. They are there to make money. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hope you can see past my hate,and see the reson for my hate. It's not irrational, and it's not blind. I am for freedom of the people, this is what I stand for, and I always will. I can't trust the police to do this, as their actions tell me that they are not here be trusted. They are to be feared, and to be avoided at all costs. Long gone are the days where you could ask your local policeman for advice, directions or help. Approach a copper, and excpect to be on your face with a knee in your head within seconds.

The police should be held to a higher accountability than the public, they are upholding the law, they also have to abide by those laws. many don't, and the police who sit back casually and let that happen, are as big a part of the problem as those who flaunt the laws the are ment to uphold, and who abuse the people they are ment to protect. Where are all the "good cops" now?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think statics show, you are more likely to die in police custody than by terrorism. That pretty much states the police are more dangerous than the terrorists!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
could be this female cop had a cop boyfriend.
he got joules and beat him to death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join