It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well using your logic ...heaven is eternal so hell is the opposite ,and the opposit of eternal would be ? .........peace

edit on 4-1-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You really need to ask yourself, how do you play the God game?
Do we unbelievers go to Hell because we simply don't believe in any religion?
What if we are as moral as about any proclaimed "religioius" person today, why would we go to Hell (which BTW we don't believe in)? Why must we believe in a destination rather than an open road? Frankly, it seems to me that the concept of Heaven is simply a carrot that some folks need the promise of to cause them to be good and decent folks. Some of us try to be good and decent as a matter of personal principles alone--but we are bad?.

Is the purpose of religion and getting into (your concept of) Heaven nothing more than a belief in God that will get you through the gates? Or is leading a moral life that more or less follows the tenents of the major religions good enough for God?
edit on 4-1-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Religion is worshiping God.

God is a form of removing any responsibility for ones actions as it's all part of Gods plan and will. It allows you to justify whatever you feel like in the name of god. Oh, I dunno, like judging everyone around you, something the bible specifically tells you not to do.

i live my life free of eternal salvation and eternal damnation, and guess what? I'm a well meaning, functioning, member of society. I'm charitable, helpful and friendly. I go out of my way to help people, be they friends or strangers. i do this because I FEEL this is the right thing to do, not because some imaginary old man demands I do it "or else".

And I don't feel a need to feel superior to others, therefore I don't look down on you for having faith, even if I find it misguided, misused, and distorted.

Anyways, what is up with all these blatant trolling threads?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I would just like to point out a few things.

1.There is no 'hel' in Christianity.There is no mention of 'hel' prior to the Christianisation of Europe where a lot of the Pagan tales were then added to Christianity.'Hel'(one l) is Pagan,so if you believe in 'hel',you are automatically a sinner in the eyes of the Christian god.

2.Jesus himself spoke out against religion and just wanted his followers to be good people and follow the commandments(basic laws really).

3.The only place where non believers would be sent to(even at the end times)would be the 'fence'.The 'fence' is outside of the city gates so basically,you would be sent out into the wilderness which i believe the Bible says will happen.

edit on 4/1/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/1/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ah.. Religious threads, both sides always go on about stuff.. No one wins.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Religion has NOTHING to do with the concept of God...

it is arrogance.. and control...

I have been to several "churches" and God was not there.. ever.. not once.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think this is a major reason people escape religion :

TAND NO! I SWEAR BY THE SELF-REPROACHING SOUL. (THAT THE RESURRECTION IS TRUE AND A FACT)

DOES MAN THINK THAT WE WILL NOT GATHER HIS BONES TOGETHER?

SURE WE CAN!WE ARE ABLE TO PUT IN ORDER EVEN (THE LINES OF THE TIP OF) HIS FINGERS.

MAN RATHER WANTS (TO BE FREE) AND COMMIT SIN THROUGHOUT HIS LIFETIME.

Here is a question from those people : will you live forever ?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I think this is a major reason people escape religion :

TAND NO! I SWEAR BY THE SELF-REPROACHING SOUL. (THAT THE RESURRECTION IS TRUE AND A FACT)

DOES MAN THINK THAT WE WILL NOT GATHER HIS BONES TOGETHER?

SURE WE CAN!WE ARE ABLE TO PUT IN ORDER EVEN (THE LINES OF THE TIP OF) HIS FINGERS.

MAN RATHER WANTS (TO BE FREE) AND COMMIT SIN THROUGHOUT HIS LIFETIME.

Here is a question from those people : will you live forever ?

That's a beautiful 1400 years old verse which talks about God not only resurrecting everyone, but doing it so by even RECREATING his original unique FINGERPRINTS ...

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
your view of 'religion' is questionable at best!
do you even study world religions? everyone of them has an after life that is dictated by how you lived your life,be it good or bad,with consiquenses payed after death.
only the 'people of the book(jews,christians,muslims)claim that hell awaits (excellent slayer album!) for those who do not bow to the God of abraham.
by the way,all your beliefs were stolen from much older cultures.
do yourself a favour and read more books

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
lol people still believe in god??

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta
lol people still believe in god??

What's to lol about it?

As a scientist, I say unto you: It is rather arrogant and foolish to claim there is no God.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

not true , Jainism,Buddhism, Chaaruvaaka, kinda Sihkism

Sorry that I did not get more specific with the thread title.
I'm sure there are a lot of religions and what I was getting at specifically is what would be referred to as religion from a christian point of view, as in the use of the word religion in the Bible.

I like these two Bible quotes that use the word religion in them...

James 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's RELIGION [is] vain.

James 1:27
Pure RELIGION and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

While I don't consider myself Christian, I do heartily agree with these verses.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You do not need religion to worship God. You do not need religion to love Jesus Christ. Religion doesn't save anyone, Jesus saves. There are billions of people who practice religion who do not love Jesus and who don't trust in Him for their redemption.

Jesus is the Living Savior of mankind, not a bunch of man-made rules and rituals that men invent to try and justify themselves before God.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Only Mormons go to Heaven!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Well using your logic ...heaven is eternal so hell is the opposite ,and the opposit of eternal would be ? .........peace

The main topic of the thread was not supposed to be so much about hell and I was using the word in a more metaphorical sense in the title.
I was mainly trying to say that religion, if understood properly, as in actually reading the New Testament and applying it to your life, is something we should be supporters of, and not the enemy of.
As far as the future of hell goes, I think God's goal would to one day have it empty, and not to try to see how full He can get it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Anyone who says they are against religion is against God, and have some sort of hatred towards God and want to create an illusion for themselves that they can hide from God in a bubble to where inside this bubble they are invisible to God and can do whatever they want and they will be protected from any punishment.
In fact, such people believe that their sins have been transferred to another person to take that punishment for them, on an individual bases, meaning a personal salvation, just for them, in this delusional world which they have created for themselves.
edit on 3-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

That is a lie. I see youre up to your anti-christ propaganda again. Jesus was against religion. All roads do not lead to heaven. Jesus said "I am the truth the life and the way, no one comes to the Father but by ME", he didn't say Muhammad was the way to the Father, he didn't say Buddha was the way to the Father, he didn't say Vishnu or Shiva was the way to the Father or Quetzlquatl, or Ishtar, Tammuz or Horus and Isis. Jesus said he was the only way. Religion is rituals and worshipping things other than God, things like Idols of the nature of Christ being on a cross or a madonna of Mary/Astarte, or of a black stone god on the Kaaba and praying to it and kissing it to absolve your sins.

You are anti-christ and you deny the Messiah and he will destroy you.
edit on 4-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
You really need to ask yourself, how do you play the God game?
Do we unbelievers go to Hell because we simply don't believe in any religion?
What if we are as moral as about any proclaimed "religioius" person today, why would we go to Hell (which BTW we don't believe in)? Why must we believe in a destination rather than an open road? Frankly, it seems to me that the concept of Heaven is simply a carrot that some folks need the promise of to cause them to be good and decent folks. Some of us try to be good and decent as a matter of personal principles alone--but we are bad?.

Is the purpose of religion and getting into (your concept of) Heaven nothing more than a belief in God that will get you through the gates? Or is leading a moral life that more or less follows the tenents of the major religions good enough for God?
I mentioned earlier that I was raised Seventh Day Adventist, so not only was I taught to not think of hell as being real, I was also taught that heaven will be on earth and we need to work to bring it by being good Christians.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The OP is not saying anything new, or something that most folks do not understand. Putting aside my personal views on "hell," I see this opening statement as an expression of the OP's long-established mode of being judgmental. The God he follows, however, said to not judge, so that you would not be judged.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Anyways, what is up with all these blatant trolling threads?

What is up is I get complaints from other OP's when I get into these sort of wars on their thread.
So I am making a thread for people who want to engage in this sort of thing and the meek can stay out.
I have read your other posts I have run across with interest and I would applaud you for your efforts and I believe you be rewarded for your efforts, as Jesus promised.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
I would just like to point out a few things.

1.There is no 'hel' in Christianity.There is no mention of 'hel' prior to the Christianisation of Europe where a lot of the Pagan tales were then added to Christianity.'Hel'(one l) is Pagan,so if you believe in 'hel',you are automatically a sinner in the eyes of the Christian god.

2.Jesus himself spoke out against religion and just wanted his followers to be good people and follow the commandments(basic laws really).

3.The only place where non believers would be sent to(even at the end times)would be the 'fence'.The 'fence' is outside of the city gates so basically,you would be sent out into the wilderness which i believe the Bible says will happen.
I would not disagree with any of this.
The fact remains that there is a term in common usage that includes the phrase, "go to hell" so I mean it in that sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join