It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

i respect your beliefs,what ever blows your hair back....but,would you like to see the pope at the end of a rope?do you think he's a fool? there's something better than the twisted man made god's that are amongst us...it's in your self...and maybe out there beyond the moon,who really can say for sure.....take care

I'm not advocating religion just for the sake of religion but I mean it in a New Testament sort of way and anyone who claims they read the Bible and believe in it should know better than to go around trashing religion and somehow think they are doing God's work. The way I look at it is like you say, they are bad inside and they can't be good because they don't really care that much so they think if they can get a job working for God, then that will make up for their rottenness. My point is if they are rotten inside, please do not become a preacher in order to show God you deserve to go to heaven.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Religion is worshiping God.
Anyone who says they are against religion is against God, and have some sort of hatred towards God and want to create an illusion for themselves that they can hide from God in a bubble to where inside this bubble they are invisible to God and can do whatever they want and they will be protected from any punishment.
In fact, such people believe that their sins have been transferred to another person to take that punishment for them, on an individual bases, meaning a personal salvation, just for them, in this delusional world which they have created for themselves.
edit on 3-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

My sins have not been transferred to Christ they have been forgiven by him. It is this forgiveness that I accepted and my desire to do the will of my father, that lead to God's Grace and the gift of the Holy Spirit that now guides me to all things that are good.

For those that say only Grace and don’t accept the responsibility of walking in a manner appropriate for someone that claims they are a Christian, or for those that are in the practice of continual sin and repentance, may God have mercy on them just as he had mercy for me.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

People against religion arent going to hell. Fools like yourself just think we are.

If you don't believe in hell then you are in luck as far as this thread goes.
I get your point about Bible Bashers, not sure but I think you mean Bible thumpers, but I will admit that I do not like watch religion TV. I know I used to 26 years ago but it might have been because I did not have cable and that was all there was on Sunday morning.
I think Christianity in general has been a good influence over the last couple hundred years but I think there is a serious problem with a big segment of it right now, and so the posting I do which is to counter the hate mongering pro-war variety which also passes itself off in a lot of cases as being against "religion" or so they say but they sit there and preach end of the world scenarios that are beyond belief in being highly convoluted and fanciful with lots and lots of blood.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

. . . may God have mercy on them just as he had mercy for me.

That's a nice thought and I don't want anyone to go to hell but I think it might be important to point out what I think is a bad attitude against people who do try to be good people.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

. . . may God have mercy on them just as he had mercy for me.

That's a nice thought and I don't want anyone to go to hell but I think it might be important to point out what I think is a bad attitude against people who do try to be good people.

Ultimately we will all be judged by our works, regardless of what some Christians believe. So I believe if one earnestly tries to be a good person, and follow what they believe is the will of God that they can and will be forgiven. I think it would be good for all to believe in Christ as he is the teacher of the ways of God, but I believe that God is gracious enough that the religion of the person means less to God than the good they do.

Although for me it would have been impossible to come to do good without Christ I hold that God can do anything.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
religion is faith. faith is blind belief. blind belief is stupidity. therefore religion = stupidity and a means to control people.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

. . . that the religion of the person means less to God than the good they do.

Right but in the New Testament sense religion is doing good.
That was what Paul was talking about when he said works do not save you, he meant the dead works of the law, which are purely symbolic things that do no good for anyone except to boost their own ego by thinking they are better than someone else. We are freed from those useless things of the old ceremonial law so we are free to do actual good things that help people, those are deeds. What you have are these false prophets who say that Paul really meant deeds when he said works.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Pretty annoying. I got half way through and had to hit pause before I threw up or something.
So what? Is that your point? Listening to religion to you is like me listening to that video?
It is one thing not to like religion but another to be actively campaigning to destroy it when really you just want to install your own version which allows sinners a go to heaven free card while wallowing in their hatred for their fellow man.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I think hell is starting to sound much better each day.....

Haven't you noticed, we are already in hell!

Death, disease, lies, murder, war, greed, fits the bill in my eyes at least.

@OP
Have you ever pondered to think that worshipping something which may not even exist during the single time you alive... could have been enjoyed better? I can't stand the idea of people devoting every single day of their life into something good that may never even happen.

What if there is not even a next time? You may look back on your deathbed when the time comes and think "why did i waste my time". You don't want to regret having not lived a life.

It's upto what you do with your life, i'm in no position to dictate your actions... this is just the way i see it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

This already happened, where I was on my deathbed literally for two months in the hospital and died and went to hell. God brought me back to life and I am still alive today where left alone, I would have been dead 26 years ago, so I don't feel like I am missing anything by believing in a god.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Sorry to disappoint you friend...You are wrong. People who judge other people as if they must meet their own standards instead of God's standards are certainly going to hell because as Jesus said and I believe all of Christianity is behind the man there are only 2 commandments. Love God with all your heart and your brother as yourself. If you are trashing your fellow mans beliefs for no reason other than to prove superiority or provide some edification on your part or of your perspective that is not love. That's being judgmental and making a inaccurate and misinformed judgement based on your own limited perspective belief and fears. There is only 1 sin that may not be forgiven. A sin against the spirit.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

This already happened, where I was on my deathbed literally for two months in the hospital and died and went to hell. God brought me back to life and I am still alive today where left alone, I would have been dead 26 years ago, so I don't feel like I am missing anything by believing in a god.

It sounds like you are missing "hell" by surviving and being here on earth. I would not want to be you after death. You already seem to know what's in store for you. I would think that would make you change.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

How can you be sure it was hell, in terms of a physical place for the mind? (along the lines of what is described in the bible).

Is it possible that being brought up with idea of going to hell if you do bad things during your life (as most people seem to be taught), you may be building an image in your subconcious of what hell may be like. As is the case with near death experiences, your mind will go into haywire as the brain starts to shut down. Have you considered the possibility that your subconcious could have been activated and "flashed before your eyes", you may be thinking of a few things that may be considered sins to your beliefs and this may be the reason you seen "hell" because of the worry that you may end up there. The reason i say this is because the brain most probably opens up every image or thought of death, when death is close.

Just consider the possibility that if history wrote that hell would be a place with green grass and blue skies... if you were brought up with the belief that green grass and blue skies is what hell looked like.

Would you not have seen green grass and blue skies during your experience?

If you didn't see hell as the traditional roaring fires and demons... then mind me asking, what did you see?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

No I was brought up Seventh Day Adventist where they have a view of death much like the Jehovah's Witnesses, where there is no hell and people are just unconscious.
But it was very physical as far as being taken from where I was and pulled through the floor by five big demon looking people for lack of a better term, and dropped through a long shaft into what I took to be the center of the earth. Funny that you mention green grass because that was mostly what the place was like but no sky, instead was what semed to be a very high domed roof which was too far away to really focus on. there was a perpetual twilight and it was like a park with grass and trees and benches and gently rolling low hills and off in the far distance were cliff-like jagged mountains which ringed this huge expanse. People just sort of meandered about, stopping for a while and then later just moving off somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

To me that sounds like pergatory. almost like a halfway point. I would imagine if hell were to exist as the tradtional description of it, it would be very frightening and completely different to what we know as "the real world".

Isn't the idea of hell, metaphorically speaking that it is a place where "lost souls" go to. In terms of people who distance themselves from "god", are left to be alone for eternity. As far as i am told by people who believe in heaven/hell, once you visit hell, you stay there and there is no going back, or at least this is what they tell me is expected to happen.

I just want to point out, that not neccesarily believing in something doesn't go against it's "law". For instance when we talk about hell and judgement day, many people live there lifes without having ever heard of "god" (humans out of touch with the modern world) or seem to be neutral about it. I wouldn't imagine all of these people would end up in hell for disbelieving in something they never knew about... because if they did all go to hell for simply not believing in him, then god can't be a very nice entity.

If i wanted to be accepted as a real, living, thinking, entity that exists. I would show myself and tell everyone. Then they don't need to believe, because they "know". But this clearly isn't the case, at least from my perspective. I don't accept that because somebody doesn't "believe" they will be eternally punished. It just makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

To me that sounds like pergatory.

I've never had a clear understanding of what a purgatory would be like seeing how I was pretty much isolated from any of those concepts. What I imagined when I was in there that this was a place where you waited for judgment.
This happened a long time ago and I am still trying to figure it out. I was absolutely horrified by the experience so I don't recommend anyone thinking it was in any way enjoyable. I imagine that hell would be left in such a place as where I was. I think I am an unusual case, that's just the way I look at it, that I have been a strange person all my life where odd and explainable things would happen to me but they were really just things to preserve my life, where otherwise I would have destroyed myself or just circumstances would have.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

or seem to be neutral about it. I wouldn't imagine all of these people would end up in hell for disbelieving in something they never knew about... because if they did all go to hell for simply not believing in him, then god can't be a very nice entity.
When I was there, I met a lot of people and had a lot of conversations with different people and none of them seemed like bad people and none had any idea that they had ever done anything to deserve to go to a bad place. I would tell them that probably they would eventually find out what was going on and something would happen, one way or another. Of course what happened to me was to be booted out.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

If i wanted to be accepted as a real, living, thinking, entity that exists. I would show myself and tell everyone. Then they don't need to believe, because they "know". But this clearly isn't the case, at least from my perspective. I don't accept that because somebody doesn't "believe" they will be eternally punished. It just makes no sense.

I don't know if I met God but I might have on top of a mountain and it was a fourteen year old boy who asked me if I needed any help and he sort of lifted me up from where I was probably about to fall off of, which is weird to think of now because of how impossible it seems but at the time, I really wasn't thinking in that sort of way.
I've told this story before on this forum and I never quite know what to think of it maybe because what I think God is changes, but right now I have gone to the opposite side of the pendulum where I can think that somehow this was God though he didn't look like what you would imagine God to look like, wearing a plaid shirt, really?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I can think that somehow this was God though he didn't look like what you would imagine God to look like, wearing a plaid shirt, really?

A Jinn?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

A Jinn?

One of these things I never really thought about until about four years ago when I was posting on what was basically an atheist forum and I was going through a list of what I considered supernatural occurrences I have experienced.
It was something I blew off at the time when it happened, but it seems more odd to me as time passes.
The point I was trying to get at is about what someone might think God was like to meet.
For a long time I thought God did not even exist in this universe but I have gotten more and more towards thinking God is right here with us.
I guess to you it would be a Jinn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join