It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Considering the greek translation for "grave" is "Hell", yes, I would say we are ALL going to hell, See ya there

www.logosapostolic.org...

This is a thorough bible study about the meaning of the Greek word adhj, 'hades' (Strong's 86) meaning 'Hell' or 'the grave'. It gives every verse where the word "hades" appears in the New Testament. To obtain a true understanding of this word these scriptures need to be meditated on and notes made of their meaning in different contexts. This requires putting scriptures together where they seem to have a similar meaning, and then meditating even more. The truth will be revealed by the Holy Spirit, who has been given to guide us into all truth (John 16:13). Wherever this word hades appears in the Greek, the translation of it is highlighted with bold type and underline. In Greek the suffixes and some prepositions are not added to the basic word to enhance the meaning, except for case endings, so the associated suffix or preposition has not been included in highlighted text. Every blessing be to those who seek the truth of God's word.

edit on 4-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well, peace to you on your path. Respect to your right to believe whatever you need to. But, your understandings are not mine.

Carry on, though.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OneHundredLittleCurses

It's totally a troll thread.

I'm thinking of it more as an anti-troll thread, against people who have been in this sub-forum for years, now, proclaiming their hatred of religion, when what they really mean is having to actually do anything, and think salvation is just handed to them for the asking. I just don't think so and normal people should be warned not to listen to such lies because if they fall for it, then they will end up in the same place as these false teachers.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Eskimo: “If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?”

Minister: “No, not if you did not know.”

Eskimo: “Then why did you tell me?””

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm 100% down with going to hell. I'm pretty sure that's where all the easy chicks and drugs are. Have fun in heaven with your watered down wine and bible thumpers. I'd like to dedicate this award to Satan, I'd be nowhere without you buddy.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So you trying to create a troll thread or what? I am 100% against religion.

No.
I don't mean you personally.
What I am talking about is people who preach a false gospel of salvation without works, which they call religion. They are actually the most religious if you understand religion as being a great big pile of man made theology, they create in order to make a rationale against having to do anything at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I would rather go to hell than spend an eternity with Christians...*shudders*

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

i read this one the other day on here.."the village banker says to the village medicine man....as long as you keep them stupid,i'll keep them broke"

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Religion is worshiping God.

not true , Jainism,Buddhism, Chaaruvaaka, kinda Sihkism

Sorry that I did not get more specific with the thread title.
I'm sure there are a lot of religions and what I was getting at specifically is what would be referred to as religion from a christian point of view, as in the use of the word religion in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

You're point? The people who are against religion DON'T BELIEVE IN HELL. In fact some that DO have a religion don't believe in such things.

What point exactly are you trying to make here?
I probably should have emphasized the "who say" part of the title, meaning people who go preaching against religion but actually believe in heaven and hell and Jesus and God, but say that religion is actually counter productive and if you try to be good then that is just demonstrating your lack of faith and that Jesus will rapture those who believe in him and I guess send them all to some sort of boot camp to learn to be good before they go into actual heaven.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Chamberf=6

What is your definition of hell?

Whatever the opposite of Heaven is, probably somewhere with no sky, since it would be completely underground, so kind of boring with no sun or way to tell the passage of time.

Nothing to do with God or the absence of?

Nothing to do with your preconceived notions?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

religion is all fake and all played out how about you just live your life with out a lie with out the truth.

right, and most people probably do that.
What I am talking about are people who don't do that but offer heaven to people if they just give up trying to do anything good since Jesus was good and we only need one good person for each world, or something.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Anyone who says they are against religion is against God, and have some sort of hatred towards God and want to create an illusion for themselves that they can hide from God in a bubble to where inside this bubble they are invisible to God and can do whatever they want and they will be protected from any punishment.
In fact, such people believe that their sins have been transferred to another person to take that punishment for them, on an individual bases, meaning a personal salvation, just for them, in this delusional world which they have created for themselves.
edit on 3-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

According to who and what religion?
Even the pope has rejected "Hell" as a place of fire, brimstone. There is no heaven either according to the pope!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

reply to post by Chamberf=6

What is your definition of hell?

Whatever the opposite of Heaven is, probably somewhere with no sky, since it would be completely underground, so kind of boring with no sun or way to tell the passage of time.

Nothing to do with God or the absence of?

Nothing to do with your preconceived notions?
No, from personal experience from when I died and went to hell, that was what it was like and not what I expected, in fact I did not believe in hell up to then.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SethGecko

According to who and what religion?
Even the pope has rejected "Hell" as a place of fire, brimstone. There is no heaven either according to the pope!
Hmm.
News to me.
I did not hear that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IblisLucifer

But maybe your hell might be my heaven

I doubt it but I would not completely rule it out.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Any god that wants to dangle the punishment of hell over my head, I'm all sorts of against too.
I did not not have you specifically in mind when I said "going to hell".
I was talking about false prophets who do dangle heaven in front of people but are actually laying a cleverly disguised snare for them, to cause them to fall.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

incorrect...

Religion is brainwashing the fearful...

And by the way, people who tell other people that they are "going to hell".... are going to hell

Aww damn it.... now im going to hell...

Thank God it doesn't exist eh...

edit on 4-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Considering the greek translation for "grave" is "Hell", yes, I would say we are ALL going to hell, See ya there
That is likely true enough but I think the idea is to have Jesus come and rescue us from that place, or at least send an angel to bring us up.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Religion is brainwashing the fearful...

That's funny, like in Life of Brian.
Anyway, people can kind of make their own definitions but what happened was I looked it up and found out what it meant and about flipped, so it was a spur of the moment thing to start this thread and didn't even think about for more than a few seconds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join