It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prophecies of Mother Shipton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I found this the other day and read it with amazement how she predicted the world as we know today and the events leading up to them. Some of them are very plain and in some ways much more accurate than Nostradamus.
I believe that God has in each time a person, or persons, who remind us that one day the world will end. And I believe Mother Shipton was a prophetess and should be recognized for being so.

Here are the beginning, and there will be more posts with the rest.

And now a word, in uncouth rhyme Of what shall be in future time Then upside down the world shall be And gold found at the root of tree

( This was before England discovered Australia)

All England's sons that plough the land Shall oft be seen with Book in hand The poor shall now great wisdom know Great houses stand in farflung vale All covered o'er with snow and hail

(The King James Bible was the first that was ordered to be in every home in England, no longer only in the church to be read by a priest and perhaps she saw the pilgrims in the new world)

A carriage without horse will go Disaster fill the world with woe. In London, Primrose Hill shall be In centre hold a Bishop's See Around the world men's thoughts will fly Quick as the twinkling of an eye. And water shall great wonders do How strange. And yet it shall come true.

(We all see this one)

Through towering hills proud men shall ride No horse or ass move by his side. Beneath the water, men shall walk Shall ride, shall sleep, shall even talk. And in the air men shall be seen In white and black and even green A great man then, shall come and go For prophecy declares it so. In water, iron, then shall float As easy as a wooden boat Gold shall be seen in stream and stone In land that is yet unknown.

(America the Beautiful, God shed His Grace on Thee, iron ships and submarines)

And England shall admit a Jew You think this strange, but it is true The Jew that once was held in scorn Shall of a Christian then be born.

(The Rothschilds)

A house of glass shall come to pass In England. But Alas, alas A war will follow with the work Where dwells the Pagan and the Turk.

(Israel and Palestine)

These states will lock in fiercest strife And seek to take each others life. When North shall thus divide the south And Eagle build in Lions mouth Then tax and blood and cruel war Shall come to every humble door.

(The American Civil War) She says states, even though at that time, individual states did not exist as we know today.

Three times shall lovely sunny France Be led to play a bloody dance Before the people shall be free Three tyrant rulers shall she see. Three rulers in succession be Each springs from different dynasty. Then when the fiercest strife is done England and France shall be as one.

(Robespierre, Napoleon and Hitler) Now England and France are in the European Union.

The British olive shall next then twine In marriage with a german vine. Men walk beneath and over streams Fulfilled shall be their wondrous dreams.

(Queen Elizabeth II is of the House of Wettin)

More to follow...
edit on 1/3/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Some more from Mother Shipton

For in those wondrous far off days The women shall adopt a craze To dress like men, and trousers wear And to cut off their locks of hair They'll ride astride with brazen brow As witches do on broomstick now.

(The 1920s were the first time women began to dress differently and did cut their hair.)

And roaring monsters with man atop Does seem to eat the verdant crop And men shall fly as birds do now And give away the horse and plough.

(The combine replaced the horse and plow in mass production of crops)

In nineteen hundred and twenty six Build houses light of straw and sticks. For then shall mighty wars be planned And fire and sword shall sweep the land.

(In 1926, Germany, as the Weimar Republic, was admitted into the League of Nations and Gustave Stresseman won the Nobel Prize for the Dawes Plan, maybe she saw the Germans as a wolf blowing down the houses of the three little pigs)

When pictures seem alive with movements free When boats like fishes swim beneath the sea, When men like birds shall scour the sky Then half the world, deep drenched in blood shall die.

(The film industry and war propaganda, and the world has been drenched in blood by that time)

For those who live the century through In fear and trembling this shall do. Flee to the mountains and the dens To bog and forest and wild fens.

(What we are expecting to happen)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Yep, she prophecied submarines, and modern warships along with the conflict between Israel and Palestine, and i think she foresaw airplanes too. Yep she was a prophet...and i don't think Lucifer gets to have those because only God can have that kind of foreknowledge.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
When I was writing the part about the Gold shall be seen in every river...my eyes were blurry and I thought it said God. But this would still indicate to the California Gold Rush.

top topics

join